Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

MIM

Medalist
Sigh... another injury... :sad21:
Wenjing skated flawlessly even with a new ankle injury. I could see Cong was extra focused especially on the throw and the twist. His eyes were on her and make sure she gets the cleanest and safest lift for the element. I noticed they removed the spiral transition to the twist and simplified its entrance to minimize any risks on their bodies. :thumbsup:

I hope she doesn't get injured further at the Nationals and respect any decisions they make for their future. Take care of your body and wish her a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They are able to perform, yes! :yes2: I really hope her injury isnt very seriuos and they will actually be able to perform at 4CC. But I second the idea that they should skip all hard elements that may aggrevate her injury, health first!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
http://fyeahchinesepairs.tumblr.com/
An interview with S/H following the sp has been posted. Sui still wants to 2 quads in the fs :drama: I'd prefer that they don't, just to be cautious.

I really really hope they do not do two quads in the FS, especially after injuries! Of course, I don't know their exact situation, but from what I've heard so far, I think it's best to play it safe at this competition if their main focus is worlds. Skating with a hurt ankle already makes me worried...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
here is their LP from today : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWo_x8SA6k
no quad and they both doubled 3S but other than that great performance, quality of rest of the elements is just :love: score is kinda generous though :biggrin:

Edit: and original ending pose is BACK!! :yahoo: and bowing to coach at the end :luv17:

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
http://fyeahchinesepairs.tumblr.com/
An interview with S/H following the sp has been posted. Sui still wants to 2 quads in the fs :drama: I'd prefer that they don't, just to be cautious.

:drama: overload this pair considered, but no surprise there as this is one of 2 true DIVA pairs (Yuko and Alexander are the other one)...

I feel they should take care of Sui's health more that go and attempt these 2 quads, but there goes their ambition and a strive to win...Looking at things in pairs right now I don't see them win if they won't succeed with these quads - they simply won't get PCS like Russians to be in contention for gold without insane tech content performed flawlessly. And that makes me sad...

s_parks

Record Breaker
No quad throw, whew! Zhao probably put his foot down and said no, haha. Anyways, please don't double or pop anything at worlds, please!

manchangdegaosan

Rinkside
According to CCTV5 report before the LP,Wenjing’s ankle swelled back up again after the SP so they downgraded their difficulty. 3S——2S

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
According to CCTV5 report before the LP,Wenjing’s ankle swelled back up again after the SP so they downgraded their difficulty. 3S——2S

thanks for the info, so it was intentional, i thought it was weird when they both popped, can we put her in a bubble until 4CC and between 4CC and Worlds?? :hopelessness:

s_parks

Record Breaker

Thank you for the info. Really hope she gets better before 4cc. I was thinking it might be better to keep the combination sbs as 3-2 just for the rest of the season instead of 3-2-2 -- save a bit of extra strain and not risk making a costly mistake on it.

Last edited:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Updates on sui's condition- she will get surgery after worlds. http://fyeahchinesepairs.tumblr.com/post/138368984272/sui-wenjing-bears-injury-to-win-gold
It's definitely better to get surgery now. Her health is clearly more important. Even if their chances of gold in 2018 are affected, they could have better chances in 2022 with better health, not to mention a longer career. I wish her the best! What a strong girl.

Wow. I don't know what to say. Of course I respect the decision but what if something worse happens? 2018 is only two years away and sui and han are still young enough to continue on to 2022. Idk...
But I'll keep sending good vibes for them.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Wow. I don't know what to say. Of course I respect the decision but what if something worse happens? 2018 is only two years away and sui and han are still young enough to continue on to 2022. Idk...
But I'll keep sending good vibes for them.

Honestly, it's just as risky, if not worse, if she continues without surgery considering the condition that she's been in for the past few years. It's because they're still young that she should get surgery now- if she doesn't she may not be fit to compete in 2022.

MIM

Medalist
Updates on sui's condition- she will get surgery after worlds. http://fyeahchinesepairs.tumblr.com/post/138368984272/sui-wenjing-bears-injury-to-win-gold
It's definitely better to get surgery now. Her health is clearly more important. Even if their chances of gold in 2018 are affected, they could have better chances in 2022 with better health, not to mention a longer career. I wish her the best! What a strong girl.

It is a rather serious issue Sui and Han is dealing with. I am not a medical expert and aware that athletes have higher standards/tolerance when drawing a line between risky and too risky (almost suicidal) than non-athletes do. But it is worrisome to learn her injuries affect her daily life and even when she isn’t training, she often sprain her foot.:noshake:

I immediately thought of Shen and Zhao at 2003 WC. With multiple numbing injection on her knee and ankle, Shen and Zhao performed the most amazing Turandot. But Shen was injured (practicing 4S throw:eeking:) during the practice session at the event, while Sui has long enough time between now and the WC to worsen her condition. I hope Sui and Han fully understand they are are in a different situation than where their coach was and it does not cloud their judgements. Hope they listen to their body and weigh slightly more on their well-being and long career/life ahead.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yep, I asked my dad how serious ligament repair surgery was, and he said while normal people recover just fine, ir can be risky for athletes, but if the recovery/therapy goes really well, they can resume activity.
S/H are aware of the risks, and I think Zhao has been doing a great job managing them.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't know if I should be happy I would see them at 4CC or not happy, because she has injury and still doing quads.... Sui, you have to think more about your health!