What are you listening to right now? | Page 130 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wish I could listen to that station! My kind of music.

Zorba was popular for skaters in my era, but I can't remember anyone specifically. My partner and I compromised one year and did our SP to Zorba (his choice) and the FP to Madama Butterfly (my choice). But we weren't the level of well-known skaters you mean by "who skated to this?" ;)
Hey, you definitely count too! That makes me happy :)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Season 4 of McDonald & Dodds
premiered last week, a series I have been following. Episode 1 is Jinxy Sings The Blues with an arresting opening scene and is a nod to music of 1930’s American south which got me reminiscing…
A while back my BIL and I went to our monthly Lions meeting at a local restaurant. I usually eat very little during these meetings and ordered a small side of spaghetti with one meatball. Later in the ride home he asked me if I had ever heard the One Meatball song .. I never had but it has been a favorite ever since
Sung by Josh White in 1944..
The comments are interesting.. so many had parents or grandparents who sang this song while preparing dinner.. who knew?!

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Was listening a song from a Chilean singer Maria Colores and the song is title "me gusta la vida" it would be : I love life. Is one of my favorites songs

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ennio Morricone's music as you've never heard it before!

Geneviève Côté - "Man With A Harmonica "

(Hope I've got the right song title! :p I didn't have the chance to check it).

CaroLiza_fan

If I am totally honest, although Geneviève's Semi-Final performance was amazing, I think I preferred her audition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RDSaPzIpio

I forgot to mention, Geneviève is from Montréal. Unfortunately, she didn't get through to the "Britain's Got Talent" final. 😞

The line up of the Semi-Finals this year was very strong. There were hardly any joke acts put through to the Semis this year. All of which meant that a lot of acts that would have got through to the Final in other years didn't reach it this year.

Geneviève was on the Tuesday Semi-Final. But because my Dad went away to the 🇮🇲 Isle Of Man on the Friday of that week, I only saw one more Semi-Final during Live Show week (my parents and I always watch BGT together, so we kept the last three episodes until after he came home). We started back into them last night. I've just finished the Friday's last Semi-Final, and just had to share one of the performances.

Has anybody ever wondered what it would be like if Batman sang "Let It Go"? Well, you don't have to imagine any more! Here you go:

The Dark Hero - "Let It Go"

For comparison, here is the performance that Samantha Barks (who, coincidentally, is from the Isle Of Man) did during the interval of the Tuesday Semi-Final:

Samantha Barks - "Let It Go"

All I can say about Sam's perfomance is "Wow!" :jaw:

You know, I didn't like "Let It Go" when it first came out. But, it has grown on me in recent years. Particularly since I actually watched "Frozen".

Anyway, back to Batman. Like Geneviève, I also preferred Batman's audition:

The Dark Hero - "Defying Gravity"

It's amazing how often that happens on BGT. But, I suppose they don't have as long to prepare for the Semi as they do for the audition.

And, for that same reason, quite often an act's performance in the Final is their worst. But, because it's the Final, the Judges will nearly always say it's their best performance.

I'm hoping to watch the Final at some stage over the weekend. But, there is a lot of motobike racing on, so it might be early next week.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The sound of skates on thin ice (thrown up to me on youtube, and I have grown to love the sound in itself anyway...)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The OST to the game Ghost of Tsushima

I've been reading that studies have shown that video game music, when properly done, helps you focus and concentrate on any task at hand (which makes sense, since it is designed specifically to co just this for the game in question). So maybe it would be a good thing for skaters to use it!

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Batch’s Toccata and Fugue
Flute in 9th century Swiss church..

Last edited: