What did Sotnikova do wrong? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

What did Sotnikova do wrong?

LRK

Record Breaker
"Lipcheatskaia and Fraudnikova"

"Adelina Putinikova"

Charming. Tell me - I'm curious - do you people lie awake o'nights coming up with these things - or is it just your natural spontaneous wit?

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Why would I write to the ISU or IOC, two very corrupt institutions? If you feel so bad for adelina, why don't you write to her and stop telling other people what to do. I find adelina's reaction to her win insensitive to others. Can you imagine if Evan had turned to Plushy and tried to high five him? If Evan had done that, I wouldn't have blamed Plushy if he had punched Evan in the nose.

So bashing a 17 year old on a message board is your way of dealing with it? Carolina did it first and Adelina didn't want Yuna to feel left out so that makes her a bad person? I guess I am from another time. Yikes.

LRK

Record Breaker
So bashing a 17 year old on a message board is your way of dealing with it? Carolina did it first and Adelina didn't want Yuna to feel left out so that makes her a bad person? I guess I am from another time. Yikes.

Well, you know that if she had not turned towards Yuna, she would have been accused of being rude and ignoring her.

moviechick

On the Ice
Seriously, people on this board have gone off the deep end. Judging issues are serious but stop acting like your baby died.

LRK

Record Breaker
Seriously, people on this board have gone off the deep end. Judging issues are serious but stop acting like your baby died.

Actually, I think it's more that people - some people, I want to add, not all - are behaving as... I was going to say high school, but really middle grade children - who are trying to get their own back on what they perceive as the teacher's pet.... rather than the teacher. Namecalling. Schadenfreude at bad things happening to her. You name it, you've got it.

volk

Final Flight
"Lipcheatskaia and Fraudnikova"

"Adelina Putinikova"

Charming. Tell me - I'm curious - do you people lie awake o'nights coming up with these things - or is it just your natural spontaneous wit?

People have no shame. :disapp:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
The thing is that you don't even have a basis of your suspicions. All you know is that Yuna should have won because she was graceful. And that's all you have. These are ALL your arguments. Oh, I forgot, the Olympics was in "evil" Russia. And that's all you have. NOTHING.

The basis for suspicion is that Adelina's scores went up 22.23 points from her highest total at Europeans, barely a month previous, and went up 51.29 points from her competition a month before Euro's.

In comparison Julia's total score(with a couple of falls) I'll grant you, went down 14 points and Gracie's LP from the team event went up only 6 points and Yuna Kim's LP went down 4 points from 2013 Worlds. So going up over 22 points is highly suspicious for Adelina.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Since you lot claim to represent some UNIVERSAL figure skating principles and values, graphs and all, here's your chance to right a FIGURE SKATING PCS that was even MORE RAPIDLY inflated. :biggrin:

Or is it only outrageous when it involves Kim losing the gold??

I guessed RIGHT.:laugh:
Just because I claim to have values that apply to figure skating across the board, does not mean I have to care about all figure skating. Male figure skating is generally more boring that female. I did not watch the entire male competition. It is common knowledge that the ladies individual competition is thought of as the premier event in the sport and at the Olympics as a whole.

bekalc

Record Breaker
The basis for suspicion is that Adelina's scores went up 22.23 points from her highest total at Europeans, barely a month previous, and went up 51.29 points from her competition a month before Euro's.

In comparison Julia's total score(with a couple of falls) I'll grant you, went down 14 points and Gracie's LP from the team event went up only 6 points and Yuna Kim's LP went down 4 points from 2013 Worlds. So going up over 22 points is highly suspicious for Adelina.

Adelina had an underrotated triple loop. And a messed up 3lutz with no combo in there. AT Euros' so that's at quite a bit of points taken out right there.... Second. Adelina's Personal Best before European this year was 193.99 at the previous Euros. That's most certainly not 50.00 points lower than what she scored at the Olympics and was with mistakes.

The "50" points less competition. That was for an absolute DISASTER of a free skate at Cup of China. Where she scored about 20 points below her previous personal best. If Kim fans would like to go Kim's Skate America results could be pointed out to compare with her Vancover.

Ever heard of a straw man's argument?

Once again Gracie's PCS rapidly improved with in a week-for a worse skate.

yuki90

On the Ice
People in Korea are upset about Sotnikova's arrogant attitude in the press meeting.

and her interview about YuNa.

"I won because Im better than YuNa."

"I was not surprised about my score judges gave me cause I totally deserved."

"I really wanted to win over Kim since last year, I did and Im glad."

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
People in Korea are upset about Sotnikova's arrogant attitude in the press meeting.

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns

Where's the source to that?

Isabel_O'Reilly said:

What's that supposed to show? Julias score went down 14 points from what PB? From the team event, were her marks were already inflated as hell? Besides that, no matter her fall, she scored a PB in PCS. How is that better than Sotnikovas marks?
Stop being a hypocrit by attacking Sotnikovas marks while defending Lipnitskayas. Same overscoring for both of them.

LRK

Record Breaker

May I ask why you felt the need to post this exact post twice?

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...inst-Sotnikova&p=873037&viewfull=1#post873037

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
LRK said:
May I ask why you felt the need to post this exact post twice?

Maybe because if you don't have a source, repeat it as often as possible until it sounds true :rolleye:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
It's actually really insulting to compare homophobia, which drives people in Russia and elsewhere to actually kill others, with complaining about results of a figure skating competition. Really insulting and really dumb. You should be ashamed :no:

No, some people on these threads should be ashamed of hating a young girl who has done nothing wrong.
There are about a million phobias out there, so are all of those insulting & dumb. Get over it.

Kirk

Rinkside
Adelina did nothing wrong unless she was nudged by a certain judge that she was going to get it if she delivers.

The shame is on those judges and tech panel.

Demandred

On the Ice

Sure, that's as bad as death threats and blatant insults...:rolleye:

You are a remarkably sore loser. What was Sotnikova supposed to say? "I won but my opponents were better and my score was undeserved"? Nobody does that.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I have nothing against Sotikova. Judges and the ISU are the culprits here.

:agree:

Sotnikova is a 17-year-old who skated her very best and won the first Ladies' OGM for her country.
She grew up in a very competitive environment, she wasn't selected for the Team Event, she perceived that as a slap in the face, and her answer was to go out and have the skate of her life.
She's fierce and determined, it's ok that her motivation was to beat Kim and the other veterans, I understand how she gets defensive when asked about the controversy.
While I think she was overmarked and the judges and tech panel were incoherent, I don't blame her.
I hope she'll have good programs next season.