What The Fabric Costume Award | Page 11 | Golden Skate

What The Fabric Costume Award

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Did you already mention this:
DJay0hXi7zT45Xf9W8GbZM0p0GU6ph9dPS6-RLCvCIhMyzVqv3DI-frEYDs6lshvacjftE3uv2drsxqVcjrURwePibb4wDE9AlcMHjEH6OCsKLUKtscGqgMplwBPte_W-jpQjp9emNSkbOG45hM1fXQ

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I can only imagine Nathalie's chagrin - really Fabian, you have gone too far this time...
It was his turn, though, after her mummy wrappings. Reminded me of a summer camp when I was a kid, when we had Costume Night and each cabin chose a theme and cobbled together costumes. I took charge in my cabin and declared an Egyptian theme. I gave myself the queen's role with a few bath towels and a cardboard crown and collar painted with "jewels". For the other girls, we raided the bathrooms and wrapped everyone in toilet paper. Fortunately they were wrapped over T shirts and shorts, because while we we were on the path to the dining hall the sky opened and we ran through a cloudburst of heavy rain........:eek::palmf::drama:.

I'm sure Nathalie's bandaging was of a sturdier fabric. But I would have been distracted, cringing, from her skating had I been a judge.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
general?

we don't have a prize named after Loena yet :biggrin: this looks just bad to me, but i need to consult with my fellow judges
I think this one of the best costumes where nude fits to skin colour. If you look accurate, she has even long sleeves. Edit. It is from season 22-23.

Last edited:

labgoat

On special assignment for work, see you in August
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have you posted a closing date for nominations yet?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure in which category we could put this but Donovan Carillo has the most blinding costumes... I could see so much sparkles from my seat at Worlds.. it was crazy... If he wore this on the street, there would be car crashes.
SO MUCH BLING... He wears his costumes well and they are beautifully made. Fashion award ?

Dominic has been nominated in the High Fashion awards thread...along with Mae-Bereniece Meite

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah. So this is a more expansive version of my Golden Cabbage Award! Nice.

As a professional in the field, I'm not sure whether I'd like my work nominated or not... :laugh: (Reckon I need to raise my game, though!)
We should consider having you join us...what say you partners?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to nominate Madison Chock for the career award.

The Snake

The Alien

See High Fashion awards...debuting soon, I hope. Although for this year we decided that for a lifetime award - you must be retired.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The would likely need to be several considerations - beading, originality, styles, fabric, themes, interpretations. Adaptions of theatrical costumes would likely be discouraged as they are not original concepts.
See High Fashion awards for this type of entry...when it debuts

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Errr... I know very little about this guy (I was hunting for something else) and maybe his other costumes are fine, but based on this plastic-bridal-bouquet-on-flesh-tone-outfit bonanza and the 90s sf one in the video, Dmitri Dmitrenko should not be forgotten?
figure-skating-european-figure-skating-championships-2002-lausanne-sui-20020117-photo-gerard-b...jpg

Last edited: