What The Fabric Costume Award | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What The Fabric Costume Award

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Apart of watching silently with awe, can I nominate Anastasia Konga's free skate dress ?

I don't know in which category but it's a treasure that needs more spotlight.
i don't think it qualifies, it's acutally classy :biggrin: but i'll wait for the other members of the jury to express themselves on the matter. in the meantime i noted your entry

Last edited:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexei Kiliakov FD costume—original version

Yes the choices made here are much more obvious
Alexei Kilikov - FD 2024 original.jpg

We had a hard time deciding what category this one belonged in.
We just knew it had to be included - it ended up in the general category.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Post 3 Nominees - now open for new nominees!
The following nominees were gathered from the competition threads.

Is it just competition costumes, or are we including Exhibition costumes? Because I suggested the following as a nomination in the Junior Worlds Gala thread:

Where is @elektra blue? She has just missed a definite nominee from Chloe NGUYỄN (CAN).

Or do gala costumes count?

CaroLiza_fan

Here is the EX programme from Chloe NGUYỄN / Brendan GIANG (CAN) within the archived livestream for the Junior Worlds Gala:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V65nX3JwYVE&t=1465

I also made a proposal for a competition costume during the Junior Ladies SP at the Black Sea Ice Cup:

OK, the plot thickens. The first of the Bulgarians in this group, Ivayla MESECHKOVA, is from this mysterious Fokstrot club. And, like the boy earlier, she was listed as skating for the Denkova-Staviski club in a recent competition.

And I am nearly sure that that was Ina Demireva sending her off. i.e. Albena Denkova's sister.

I wonder if it is an offshoot of the Denkova-Staviski club.

That jumpsuit that Ivalya is wearing is something else. @elektra blue - it's not too late for a new nominee, is it?

Normally, you can spot a Michael Jackson programme a mile off. I couldn't with this one. (She was skating to "The Way You Make Me Feel").

Here is the SP programme from Ivayla MESECHKOVA (BUL) within the archived livestream for Day 3 of the Black Sea Ice Cup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuZD9edNVU&t=13203

I was hesitant to flag up this suggestion, because Ivayla is still only 15 (I admit, at the time I thought she was older). But, Ella Hawkes is already included as a nominee, and she is only 4 months older than Ivayla.

I don't really mind if they are included or not. I just wanted to let you know about them.

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Is it just competition costumes, or are we including Exhibition costumes? Because I suggested the following as a nomination in the Junior Worlds Gala thread:
competition
Here is the SP programme from Ivayla MESECHKOVA (BUL) within the archived livestream for Day 3 of the Black Sea Ice Cup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuZD9edNVU&t=13203

I was hesitant to flag up this suggestion, because Ivayla is still only 15 (I admit, at the time I thought she was older). But, Ella Hawkes is already included as a nominee, and she is only 4 months older than Ivayla.

I don't really mind if they are included or not. I just wanted to let you know about them.
are you submitting them?

The Wtfabric spelling or the opportunity to post that gif?
both :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
competition

Yeah, probably a good idea. There is no limit to the levels of crazy that gala costumes can get. You would have too many nominees if we let them all in! :laugh:

are you submitting them?

Go on then. Submit Ivayla's jumpsuit. It is as wild as Ella's.

By the way, since there is more than one category, shouldn't it be "Awards" in the thread title rather than "Award"?

CaroLiza_fan

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm not sure of the category but possibly the Category 4 Creativity Award. I would like to nominate Sara Hurtado's Picasso program dress. I love the dress, it is one of my all time favorite costumes.
HurtadoBack.png
HurtadoFront.png

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What about Piper's RD pants? :scratch2:

I honestly asked myself what that fabric could be.
We discussed Piper and Olivia's pants and jumpsuit. and to quote us:
  • "I don't think it is striking enough, same for Olivia Smart x2."
  • "No same. it's ice dance, a bit of extravagance is expected"