Where to eat? | Golden Skate

Where to eat?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Wont have a car, planning on a lot of walking... what places near the SAP Center or the Hyatt are good for grabbing a bite to eat? I normally just eat stadium food all week... but I am not sure I want to do that this go 'round.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wont have a car, planning on a lot of walking... what places near the SAP Center or the Hyatt are good for grabbing a bite to eat? I normally just eat stadium food all week... but I am not sure I want to do that this go 'round.

There is a Whole Foods near the arena. I've never been to that location, but most have prepared food for takeout.

A.H.Black

Final Flight

If you google the "Arena Hotel" (which is about a 10 minute walk from the SAP) you will find the Whole Foods Market. There are also several other eateries in that area.

nguyhm

On the Ice
If you google the "Arena Hotel" (which is about a 10 minute walk from the SAP) you will find the Whole Foods Market. There are also several other eateries in that area.
From Google Maps I found the Whole Foods Market near the arena. There's also a Po Boys place that looks interesting (if you like spicy food). There are more eating places by the hotel(s) and I spotted a Safeway a little bit further down the block. It looks like most eateries close at 10:00 pm, which might cut a bit close for having dinner after the events.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Isn't Whole Foods for like... idk... people who are super obsessed with organic or something? I don't want sprouts! lol

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't Whole Foods for like... idk... people who are super obsessed with organic or something? I don't want sprouts! lol

It's an antidote to garbage arena food, but you can usually get burgers, wraps, salads and other things to eat. Mostly organic but they have less healthy stuff there too.

I shop there all the time and don't eat sprouts, lol.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I shop there all the time and don't eat sprouts, lol.

:laugh: I did notice that there are some nice choices in the arena other than nachos and burgers and chicken strips and fries... so better than I thought.

nguyhm

On the Ice
You can get a slice of pizza at Whole Foods for a lot cheaper than you can get it in the arena :)
2 slices of your choice for $5 at the Whole Foods in my neighborhood. They also have yummy (miniature size) cakes and Mt Tam cheese - perfect for midnight snacks.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
:laugh: I did notice that there are some nice choices in the arena other than nachos and burgers and chicken strips and fries... so better than I thought.

Just a word of caution - some of those restaurants probably won't open at all during Nationals. Some of the places will open on Friday for Championship weekend. Expect very few options for food in the arena early in the week.

In this case Whole Foods, and some of the other outside restaurants will get a work out from fans.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just a word of caution - some of those restaurants probably won't open at all during Nationals. Some of the places will open on Friday for Championship weekend. Expect very few options for food in the arena early in the week.

In this case Whole Foods, and some of the other outside restaurants will get a work out from fans.

True, but depending on the scheduling of the practices I may be willing to wander outside and find something else...