Which retired(ing) skaters will you miss? | Golden Skate

Which retired(ing) skaters will you miss?

mommytoljf

Rinkside
Now that the Olympic competitions have concluded, I started thinking about which skaters who will likely move on soon that I will miss seeing. If I am incorrect in my assumptions/memory, please be kind!

1. Savchenko/Massot - she showed us that it's possible to skate at a high level for many years, and be extremely competitive. It was hard not to feel their emotion when they skated their free or heard that they were Olympic champions.
2. Misha Ge - he has a beautiful honesty to his skating. I did not care much about his technical content because I enjoyed watching him so much.
3. Virtue/Moir - their longevity at the highest level in itself is inspiring. Their programs always flew by for me...a sign that I loved their skating and storytelling ability.
4. Adam Rippon - I admired that, at the end of his competitive career, he achieved a greater balance between artistry and more consistency in his jumping technique. If Adam was on tv over the past five years, I would always stop what I was doing to watch him.
5. Duhamel/Radford - this mismatched team had so much heart and discipline throughout their career. They're a great example of what hard work, great technical content and respect for each other can do.
6. Carolina Kostner - she is one of the reasons my daughter wanted to start skating. She invites people to watch her...whether she is stroking around on practice or delivering a program. She loves to skate, and it shows.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think I read somewhere on this forum that Aliona wants to continue for another two years but Bruno is unsure.

Anyway, definitely I will miss V/M the most as they were the reason I started watching figure skating. When I heard they were coming back and 2016 Skate Canada was so close, I knew I had to go see them live. I am thrilled they reached their goal and are retiring in style!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam's retiring? I can't find anything on it.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This season's retirements?

Alexandra Proklova I am the most sad about even though it was known for a long time. If Tuktamysheva retires I'll be pretty sad also. And Anna Pogorilaya in the case her back injury is too bad for her to be able to continue(How it appears to be, unfortunately).

tzazu

Medalist
Javi is retiring, maybe Euros but not sure. He's leaving Canada this year, so I doubt he will go to Euros, and not more Worlds:sad21:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If he does retire, I'll miss his skating, but he accomplished what he wanted to, an Olympic medal for Spain.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Now that the Olympic competitions have concluded, I started thinking about which skaters who will likely move on soon that I will miss seeing. If I am incorrect in my assumptions/memory, please be kind!

1. Savchenko/Massot - she showed us that it's possible to skate at a high level for many years, and be extremely competitive. It was hard not to feel their emotion when they skated their free or heard that they were Olympic champions.
2. Misha Ge - he has a beautiful honesty to his skating. I did not care much about his technical content because I enjoyed watching him so much.
3. Virtue/Moir - their longevity at the highest level in itself is inspiring. Their programs always flew by for me...a sign that I loved their skating and storytelling ability.
4. Adam Rippon - I admired that, at the end of his competitive career, he achieved a greater balance between artistry and more consistency in his jumping technique. If Adam was on tv over the past five years, I would always stop what I was doing to watch him.
5. Duhamel/Radford - this mismatched team had so much heart and discipline throughout their career. They're a great example of what hard work, great technical content and respect for each other can do.
6. Carolina Kostner - she is one of the reasons my daughter wanted to start skating. She invites people to watch her...whether she is stroking around on practice or delivering a program. She loves to skate, and it shows.

Adam hasn't said he's retiring.

Virtue/Moir said they would consider it.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin Reynolds. Although I've only been a fan of him since February 9, 2014, he definitely has made an impact on my life. Out of my three #1 faves (Him, Jason Brown, and Yuzuru), he's the one I have a soft spot for. Sure, I wasn't around in terms of being a fan when he won 4CC and got 5th at Worlds, but I appreciated his skating and creativity, even if it wasn't up to par as Yuzuru or Patrick Chan. I shall definitely miss his skating very much. But I'll never forget it. I actually tearing up as I type this.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If you mean the ones who are known to be retiring soon...Javier, Alexei Bychenko, Misha Ge. From those who retired recently - Yuko & Sasha, Adian Pitkeev.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa Agafonova. She and her ice dance partner have given indications that this is their last season.

She is a stunningly beautiful woman, and I will miss crushing (innocently) on her.