Who's going to Skate Canada? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who's going to Skate Canada?

vla13

Rinkside
I wouldn't mind going someplace in Old Montreal, I'm actually staying around there.

Do we think we'll be getting the practice schedules at some point? That'll probably determine when I go out to the sessions on Thu.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No problem!

Who will be going to morning practices on Thursday btw? I hope to make those...

I'll be at Thursday morning practices, but maybe not the first session. Definitely Men's. We have an hour Metro ride from where we're staying, so the first session might be a stretch.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
One thing that I've done for past competitions is have everyone communicate on Slack. We have a Golden Skate one with channels for different competitions. It's a fun way to communicate throughout the competition and make plans for meet-ups. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can set up a SC channel.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
One thing that I've done for past competitions is have everyone communicate on Slack. We have a Golden Skate one with channels for different competitions. It's a fun way to communicate throughout the competition and make plans for meet-ups. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can set up a SC channel.

Sounds good. I still have the app installed from Boston.

pmidi

Rinkside
I’m really low tech so hopefully it is pretty straight forward.��

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's super easy.

It's an app for your phone.

If anyone is interested, please PM me an e-mail address.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just set up the #skatecanada2018 channel on Slack! This is getting real, all! We have six folks already. :)

Again, if you want to join please send me your e-mail. If you were at Worlds 2016 or Nationals 2018 and were on the slack channel, I can add you automatically!

In the spirit of CoyoteChris, I can also put a list here:)

So far:

4everchan
Arriba627
apgold
Bookseller (+1)
Colonial Green
fourthdimention
Haleth (+1)
Heleng (
LucyH
Mrs. P
NoviceFan
pmidi
synteis
via13
violaboy

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Like I proclaimed myself in SA thread I am a spiritual attendee:laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I bought my ticket May 20th, although I'm not 100% happy with the location. It's an end seat but is kind of far back. I may try to buy something else. I'm assuming some tickets will now become available. I'm really happy about the line up there, and Canada runs really good events.

Kind of interesting. I talked with some Canadians at SA. Nice people. Just as I, as a member of USFS, get first dibs on the best seats in the US, they told me they get first dibs on the best seats in Canada, but they said they may only have hours, in some cases, to respond to the email and put in their order to get good seats. Sounds like its gonna be a well attended event if you are far back. At Worlds London Ontario, my group was on the phone just as soon as ticket sales opened and were lucky to get 12 row. Have fun! Eat well and Canada has some beautiful buildings.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just set up the #skatecanada2018 channel on Slack! This is getting real, all! We have six folks already. :)

Again, if you want to join please send me your e-mail. If you were at Worlds 2016 or Nationals 2018 and were on the slack channel, I can add you automatically!

In the spirit of CoyoteChris, I can also put a list here:)

So far:

4everchan
Arriba627
apgold
Bookseller (+1)
Colonial Green
fourthdimention
Haleth (+1)
Heleng (
LucyH
Mrs. P
NoviceFan
pmidi
synteis
via13
violaboy

I got Maddie and Zach a gold medal....now the pressure is on you! :rofl:
Coyote Chris, the ghost of events past.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Like I proclaimed myself in SA thread I am a spiritual attendee:laugh:

Hummmmm....I wont see it but what if you could have a simulator at home where you could sit inside with a surrounding computer screen and it would be as if you were in the first row or any seat you wanted at any event, past or present? I am off to the Shark tank!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It's super easy.

It's an app for your phone.

If anyone is interested, please PM me an e-mail address.

Its so easy, even I can do it! Works out well and you can send pics to the group of members sleeping in real time. :devil:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Its so easy, even I can do it! Works out well and you can send pics to the group of members sleeping in real time. :devil:

*browing slack channels for sleeping photos of her*

:laugh:

But yeah, for all the talk about Japan, Canada actually has some well-attended events. GPF sold-out like instantaneously. I was lucky to buy a ticket from someone else.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
*browing slack channels for sleeping photos of her*

:laugh:

But yeah, for all the talk about Japan, Canada actually has some well-attended events. GPF sold-out like instantaneously. I was lucky to buy a ticket from someone else.

That's the best way to get a Good ticket if one is a Yank. Maybe I could still come and bring a friend?