Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

Tammi

On the Ice
What is the diff. between premium lodge and club level? I don't see a "club level" in the arena map that ISU's page provided.

I know I want premium for men's, but there's several premium sections and I don't want to be clicking on all of them and going through them to see which one has free seats. Does that make sense?
There are going to be less than 40 premium seats available to purchase when the individual events go on sale at 11am EST. My suggestion is to make a short list of priorities and when you open the link, go right to the one you want and select the seat(s) quickly.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I know I want premium for men's, but there's several premium sections and I don't want to be clicking on all of them and going through them to see which one has free seats. Does that make sense?

The interactive map shows you available seats in all those sections simultaneously, so there's no need to 'click' through each individual sections.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The LOC has already sold quite a few All Event seats, which diminishes the inventory greatly. I know we are very close to selling out the Ladies final already and expect that will happen within the first hour of the public sales.

There are going to be less than 40 premium seats available to purchase when the individual events go on sale at 11am EST.

That's awesome if that's the case! :hap85: I didn't think the Ladies event would sell out so quickly! Hopefully the other events sell out eventually, too.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
The interactive map shows you available seats in all those sections simultaneously, so there's no need to 'click' through each individual sections.

Are you sure? When I practiced purchasing tickets on ticketmaster for other events tonight, I had to click into the sections to see what seats were available...

Tammi

On the Ice
That's awesome if that's the case! :hap85: I didn't think the Ladies event would sell out so quickly! Hopefully the other events sell out eventually, too.
We're actually not surprised. We hosted 2014 US Nationals and sold out the entire rink for the Ladies Final. Since All Events have been on sale for a year now, we are very close to the sell out in some sections already. Upper Balcony and Club level might have additional inventory added (the TD Garden controls the club level, which is typically purchased by season ticket holders).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We're actually not surprised. We hosted 2014 US Nationals and sold out the entire rink for the Ladies Final. Since All Events have been on sale for a year now, we are very close to the sell out in some sections already. Upper Balcony and Club level might have additional inventory added (the TD Garden controls the club level, which is typically purchased by season ticket holders).

Congrats Tammi and Boston team! I really enjoyed my nationals experience in Boston and I think your ticket success is a testament to the hard work from 2014. :)

Crossing fingers for ticket success for all GS members tomorrow!

Tammi

On the Ice
Congrats Tammi and Boston team! I really enjoyed my nationals experience in Boston and I think your ticket success is a testament to the hard work from 2014. :)
Thank you! We're all involved in Figure Skating in some capacity, so we know how important this experience is to the fans.

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
"Club" seats at the TD Garden are basically purchased for the year by season ticket holders (big the US with basketball and hockey being played in the same arena). These seats are offered to the season ticket holders first and whatever is left over is released to the public. Inventory won't be known by Ticketmaster until the local box office gives them the remaining inventory.

The LOC has already sold quite a few All Event seats, which diminishes the inventory greatly. I know we are very close to selling out the Ladies final already and expect that will happen within the first hour of the public sales.

If you can reach a real person at the box office by phone, that may be the best way to purchase multi-event tickets.

By box office, do you mean the phone number for ticketmaster?

Tammi

On the Ice
By box office, do you mean the phone number for ticketmaster?
For this event, the box office is either Ticketmaster or the TD Garden in Boston. Both have access to inventory.

Good luck tomorrow morning everyone. It's nearly 2am here on the US east coast and I've been working nearly 17 hours straight in preparation for the public sales. I'll try to get on early and answer any questions that come in overnight before Ticketmaster goes live.

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
For this event, the box office is either Ticketmaster or the TD Garden in Boston. Both have access to inventory.

Thank you. I couldn't find a number to call TD Garden to get tickets. My impression was that you had to show up in person at the actual box office there.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
According to the TD Garden website you cannot purchase tickets by phone from the box office. So it's either Ticketmaster.com, the Ticketmaster app or Ticketmaster by phone.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right. Alarm set. See you all at 2:50am for the exciting adventures of KARNE TRIES TO BUY A GALA TICKET AT STUPID O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING AFTER BEING AT AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS ALL WEEK

cinuka

Rinkside
Sorry, stupid question but I tried clicking on the ticketmaster link and typing in the 2016 world figure skating championships. However, I can only see the 2016 US championships. I know it's a bit before the single tickets are open at 11est, but shouldn't I be able to see all event tickets for worlds?

winky97

Medalist
You should be able to see the event but have a message that tickets are not on sale text. It shows up on my ticketmaster app.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Sorry, stupid question but I tried clicking on the ticketmaster link and typing in the 2016 world figure skating championships. However, I can only see the 2016 US championships. I know it's a bit before the single tickets are open at 11est, but shouldn't I be able to see all event tickets for worlds?

Make sure you're searching in the Boston location. Also, I just narrow the dates down to March 28-April 3 range and you should see all the disciplines.

Tammi

On the Ice
Use the word "Worlds" in the search and I think it should show up.

Please also be aware that not all the exhibition seats will have been loaded by the start of public sales today. Ticketmaster has had a delay in uploading a file, so the exhibition may appear to be sold out. More seats will be added, but it might not be until early next week. I'll try to post an update once I receive it.

kwantumleap

Spectator
Dear Abby,

The men's SP falls on my birthday and I live near the TD Garden. I asked friends on facebook if anyone wanted to go with me. A couple of my friends want to go, but last night they asked me which balcony tickets I plan to get. I'm not as much of an uber as in the past, but I can't get stuck in the nosebleeds. I politely let them know the situation and my preference. I want primo seats lol They might have to travel down from 7th heaven to mingle during warmups. Should I feel bad about that? I couldn't sleep last night. Oy.

Yours,

Sleepless in Boston

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Cute post, kwantumleap! Welcome to Golden Skate. Post often and post long. Your friends can always go out with you for celebratory drinks afterward. :)