Will You Watch All Olympic Events or Just Figure Skating? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Will You Watch All Olympic Events or Just Figure Skating?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I could try any one of the more exotic winter sports, it would be bobsled. I wouldn't want to drive though.

I just want to be one the guys who help push it and then ride down. It looks like fun.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Besides figure skating I will be watching something of the skiing and ski-jumping.

spikydurian

Medalist
Timing is bad so I am not sure whether I am able to watch what I wanted to. But will make an effort to watch figure skating! :) Other than that, I enjoy aerial/ski jumping and speed skating.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*running around in circles with an Australian flag* AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

I will make an effort to watch anything that has Team Australia, no matter how remote the chance of anything happening. And half the fun of the Olympics - summer or winter - is watching sports I know absolutely nothing about.

desertskates

Medalist
All of it, especially hockey!! Whenever it's winter games time, the tv is always on, even if it just for background noise :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm Dutch; watching the speed skating is pretty much obligatory, even though I don't care too much for it. :laugh: Other than that, it just depends on what I can catch on the livestreams during the day. I enjoy almost all sports except ice hockey and curling.
I don't much care if my country wins medals; if I did, I wouldn't bother with figure skating, after all! (We have a grand total of zero Dutch figure skaters at the Olympics!).

amusedstranger

Rinkside
I'm planning on watching as much as I can on television, but due to class/work/reading/sharing a TV I will certainly miss things and have to catch up online. I'm most looking forward to FS, but anything else will be exciting for me since I don't get to watch much of those sports otherwise.

100% of figure skating, of course, but nothing else whatsoever since it's all so dull. There are no other winter 'artistic sports.' At Summer Olympics, I also watch diving and artistic gymnastics.

*running around in circles with an Australian flag* AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

You're scaring me.

I'm Dutch; watching the speed skating is pretty much obligatory, even though I don't care too much for it. :laugh:

Not only that, it's the speed skating that brings the money and funds Dutch figure skaters. ;)

Probably the only federation in the world where this is the case and not the other way round. :p

wallylutz

Medalist
You're scaring me.

So Ziggy is scared of Australian flags. Hmm... I know what to flash out now in an argument. ;)

Not only that, it's the speed skating that brings the money and funds Dutch figure skaters. ;)

Probably the only federation in the world where this is the case and not the other way round. :p

um...South Korea, anyone?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Skating, bobsled, women's ski jumping, slalom,GS, and downhill skiing, and hockey

Is it halfpipe that's the one where the snowboarders end up flying in the sky somewhere? I love watching that. I'll catch a lot of whatever's on, because the Olympics is so fascinating to me, but of course skating is the one I really look forward to. At least with the other sports, though, I can watch without tension, because I'm not rooting for any competitors especially intensely. Skating makes me extra nervous because I worry so much that people will not do well--even ones I'm not especially pulling for. I probably have two different levels of blood pressure: when I watch skating versus when I watch everything else.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'll watch whatever I have time for since I figured out that the NBC Stream autoverifies for me and that I can see a bunch of stuff on CBC since in MI I get an affiliate.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Is it halfpipe that's the one where the snowboarders end up flying in the sky somewhere? I love watching that. I'll catch a lot of whatever's on, because the Olympics is so fascinating to me, but of course skating is the one I really look forward to. At least with the other sports, though, I can watch without tension, because I'm not rooting for any competitors especially intensely. Skating makes me extra nervous because I worry so much that people will not do well--even ones I'm not especially pulling for. I probably have two different levels of blood pressure: when I watch skating versus when I watch everything else.

Halfpipe is where you have a pipe and within that pipe you do about 5-7 tricks. You pretty much go from left to right or right to left.

Slopestyle is where you go down a hill and have specific stations on which you perform tricks. At both events time doesn't matter, but style and the difficulty of the tricks. That said, both things are totally subjective and it depends on the judges what they want to see.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
FSing of course and maybe some short track. I'm too busy to watch it all.

Amei

Record Breaker
I pretty much just watch figure skating. Inevitably I end up watching the events that surround figure skating.

One thing I hate about the Olympics TV scheduling - they have a 3 or 4 hour block and they'll show figure skating throughout the entire block.

The evening shows are pre-recorded because of the time difference, couldn't they block it on TV as 7-8 - Figure skating, 8-9 - Alpine skiing, 9-10 - Curling etc. so that people who like xyz sport don't have to watch 2 hours of events they have zero interest in watching.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Watch it all. Love the winter Olys. Love seeing those "duuuuuuuude!" Sports, which is what we say when someone does some kind of amazing snowboard or ski trick. Love Hockey. Not crazy about curling, xc ski & short track.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Watched some slopestyle quali last night. This is kinda cool.