World Figure Championships Toronto | Golden Skate

World Figure Championships Toronto

trains

On the Ice
The World Figure Championships are on this week in Toronto at the North Toronto Arena.
It's great to see this part of skating revived and made interesting. There is an amazing group of judges for the competition there: Janet Lynn, Beatrix Schuba, Sandra Bezic, Tim Wood, Gary Visconti, Donald Jackson, Barbara Wagner, Slavka Kahout Button, Tommy Litz. They have a bunch of other events going on like seminars and lessons. Gary Beacom is going to skate his I'm your Man program and teach the choreography to the skaters.
Figures taught skating skills so well. The World Figure Sport organization has made itself a separate sport now and added more interesting and fun figures. It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Aren't the tickets something like $150?

trains

On the Ice
No that was for the gala party at the Cricket Club which was last night. The event is not expensive. You can pick and choose what you want to do or just go and watch. It's really quite interesting.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Who will pay $150 to watch people draw patterns on the ice? Of course the price could not be that high.

As trains explained that was for the gala, which was apparently a separate event and was indeed $150 per ticket.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can't imagine this would be a fun event. Can you even see the tracings from stands?? I hope they have really good coffee and poutine, cuz that's the only way you'd catch me at this event.

trains

On the Ice
Actually seeing the tracings is easy. They are skating on black ice, it's quite spectacular. There is classical music playing.
The coffee is standard.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Actually seeing the tracings is easy. They are skating on black ice, it's quite spectacular. There is classical music playing.
The coffee is standard.

Ok......Well, you just gave this event a huge boost with that comment. Thank you. :points:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
The coffee is standard.

Oh wow this sounds amazing. :luv17:

lyndichee

Medalist
I can't imagine this would be a fun event. Can you even see the tracings from stands?? I hope they have really good coffee and poutine, cuz that's the only way you'd catch me at this event.

What if Maria Butyrskaya came to judge? ;)

This is in my city but kind of far for me. Not sure if I can make it but sounds like a great inexpensive event I would attend if it were on the weekend.

mrrice

Record Breaker
What if Maria Butyrskaya came to judge? ;)

This is in my city but kind of far for me. Not sure if I can make it but sounds like a great inexpensive event I would attend if it were on the weekend.

KABOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!! Lyndichee, You know me all too well. I have friends in Canada and Mexico. Believe me, if Maria Butyrskaya, Patrick Chan, Todd Eldredge, or Plushy get anywhere near the US, I will receive a call alerting me to their whereabouts.

Meoima

Match Penalty
As trains explained that was for the gala, which was apparently a separate event and was indeed $150 per ticket.
$150 for gala/ice show is believable. But not for watching skaters draw some patterns on the ice.