World Team Challenge | Golden Skate

World Team Challenge

Teenes

On the Ice
I'm working on a review and photos will be forthcoming, but for the results of the competition:
http://www.kurtfiles.com/reviews/worldteam05results.php

World Team Challenge will be airing on TSN in Canada on Dec. 10 - technical programs are 1-3PM EST, artistic programs are 7-9PM EST. It'll also be repeating, apparently, Dec. 15 from midnight to 2AM EST and Dec. 16 from midnight to 2 AM EST (ie, Dec. 14 from 9-11PM PST and Dec. 15 from 9-11PM PST).

It will be airing on Oxygen in the US on Dec. 17 from 8PM-midnight EST. It repeats Dec. 18 from 6-10PM EST, Dec. 19 from 6-10PM EST, and all day Christmas day - 8AM, noon, 4PM and 8PM on Dec. 25.

The London Free Press has an article on Kurt Browning, but it's not about the competition, it's about him mentoring Olympic athletes:
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/OtherSports/2005/12/06/1340235-sun.htm

Last edited:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Hey Tina,

Can you please check the link? It isn't working or at least I can't get it to work on this site or over on FSU. Can't wait to read your review!!

Thanks.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Thanks for all the info! Someone post a VCR alert for the Canadian coverage this weekend! If I remember, I will, but I'll be studying for exams [next week :no: ] and don't want to miss this one!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Teenes,
I always love looking at your pics, so I am waiting eagerly for these! :thumbsup:

I think all the real Pros will give us an entertaining evening.

As to the competition, I am sure Bobeck will carry the American team to victory.

Joe

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joe, Nicole wasn't in this competition. Caryn Kadavy skated on the US team.

Teenes

On the Ice
Joe - I'm guessing you're either avoiding spoilage or being facetious...

JOHIO2, I'm sorry to report that I had a major issue with my lens or *something* (haven't figured it out yet) this weekend and about 99% of my photos are pure blurry crap. Most of them are out of focus. I don't think I've ever had so many bad photos from an event, and I had the exact same equipment as at Ice Wars. I rented the lens from a different store, and I'm a bit suspicious there was something wrong with it.

On the other hand, my friend who was with me had the same equipment and got gorgeous photos that will be going up on my site and Skate Today, so you can look forward to those! I guess most people won't care that they're her photos and not mine, and I'm happy to have them, I'm just sad my photos came out so badly =(.

I should mention, btw, that the TSN repeat info came from Silver Lining on FSU.

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
T, sorry your pics didn't come out, but we will gladly look at your friend's. I just like to see the pics from a comp/show. Gives you that been there feeling.

teenes - I was being faceitous. Your report on the competition was first rate. I enjoyed reading all the points of interest your brought out. thank you.

Hope you give a report on Canada Nationals when they happen.

Joe

John King

Final Flight
What's Russian for "Kaput"?

I saw the first part,and a commentator confirmed what I had heard about Oksana:She broke up with fiance Gene Sunik.I'm saddenned,because he seemed to be the best thing for her,but I guess there must be more to it.

Teenes

On the Ice
Thanks, Joe! And I kind of suspected the facetiousness =).

Unfortunately, I'm not attending the Canadian Nationals. It's all tours for me for the rest of the season - Stars on Ice, Celebration on Ice...

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Ice Wars/Battle of Sexes

seems to have bee chacked. 8-10 on CBS. Instead we're getting The Boston Pop!

Anyone getting this est?:mad: :mad: :mad:

cmego500

Rinkside
I too was quite upset when i found out they weren't going to show it at 8 in my area (i'm est as well). I checked TV guide and it shows that it's going to be presented at 1:30am.

CDMM1991

Medalist
The CBS station we get here is just starting it now. That'd be the one somewhere in New England; I live in eastern Canada.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
John King said:
I saw the first part,and a commentator confirmed what I had heard about Oksana:She broke up with fiance Gene Sunik.I'm saddenned,because he seemed to be the best thing for her,but I guess there must be more to it.

Oh no, what a shame...

Ice Wars commentator mentioned that she "has an American men in her life", and that his name was Gene - I assumed he mistakened Gene's Russian (or is it Ukranian?) heritage. However, the last name he mentioned did not sound like Sunik. Was the commentator just plain wrong or did she find a quick replacemnet that just happens to be named Gene as well?????

Yana

John King

Final Flight
STL_Blues_fan said:
Oh no, what a shame...

Ice Wars commentator mentioned that she "has an American men in her life", and that his name was Gene - I assumed he mistakened Gene's Russian (or is it Ukranian?) heritage. However, the last name he mentioned did not sound like Sunik. Was the commentator just plain wrong or did she find a quick replacemnet that just happens to be named Gene as well?????

Yana
My broadcast was from Canadian Cable network TSN,so I didn't hear any reference to her new boyfriend,but his name is James Brennan (I got this from OksanaStyle.com,which linked it to RexFeatures.com).As for Gene,he was Ukrainian-born,but lived since he was 5 in the US,so most think of him as American.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
John King said:
My broadcast was from Canadian Cable network TSN,so I didn't hear any reference to her new boyfriend,but his name is James Brennan (I got this from OksanaStyle.com,which linked it to RexFeatures.com).As for Gene,he was Ukrainian-born,but lived since he was 5 in the US,so most think of him as American.

Thanks for the details. Now I think I was hearing things and it was indeed James Brennan that the commentator mentioned. I think I wanted to hear Gene and had confused it with James, but the last name did not escape me.

I was born in Russia but grew up in Missouri. Because of my name, people never think of me as an American - though I am a US citizen and have lived in the States for most of my life. Same goes for my younger siblings. Because of those experiences, I was surprised to hear that Oksana's "man" is American. Of course now it makes sence. I also recall that all newspaper articles would refer to Gene as Ukranian-born (or Russian-born, sadly, some journalists group all former Soviet republics as Russian).

Thanks again for the info,

Yana