World Team Trophy - Day 3 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy - Day 3

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Poor Karen, like she's on a slip and slide. That last fall was scary. Probably minus one for overtime as well.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh man, this isn't going well for Karen at all jumps-wise!

It must be so weird to go out there and have them abandon you like that. Uncool, jumps, uncool.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Karen CHEN (USA)

Music: Jalousie "Tango Tzigane" by Jacob Gade

Black sparkly dress

1Lz
3F - skiddy landing, foot down, maybe <
StSq
FCCoSp
2A+1Lo+3S - ok, maybe 3S<
3Lo
3S+2T
3Lz - fall, maybe <
CCoSp
2A - fall
LSp

Shaky skate, problems on both lutzes (no 3-3) and 2 falls

FS: 49.54+61.08-2.00 = 108.62, 2/5

Last edited:

beki

Medalist
Gosh I hope not! Is there another skater in China to take her place?

Meanwhile I'm curious as to how she got Mishin as a coach? Can you just look up figure skating coaches and ask to train with them? Or is there some sort of process involved?

I believe Misha Ge is the link between Mishin and the Chinese

breadstal

Record Breaker
Karen is so depressing, she's so talented, she just needs to be consistent :hopelessness:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She had 49 PCS at world for similar performance, yeah I think it is a decent score :D

That PCS are still giving me nightmares. She was like 10+ poins less in PCS than Pogo (who we all know how bad she fell apart in the LP).

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
She saved the US ladies three spots, so she can mess up all she wants at WTT in my eyes :)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Team USA will probably end up third, unless the Japanese ladies implode even more than Karen did.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Karen, I can't believe I stayed up all night to watch that program...ouch for her....ouch for team USA. Can they hang on to get bronze?

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Another amazing performance from Zijun. Pearls to swine all season. She is always so solid in her FS. I remember seeing her for the first time I think it was Worlds in 2013 and she was like the only person to go clean in the FS. Have been a big fan since then. I admire her so much. This program is her best ever. She has grown so much in her interpretation of the music. Such tender and beautiful emotion here. I love it.

Yuna skated perfectly clean in her FS at Worlds 2013. I think Tuktamysheva too. :)

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Karen is so depressing, she's so talented, she just needs to be consistent :hopelessness:

Just! I mean true but it's not easy. Though she delivered at the right competition so she can pop and splat her way through WTT! :laugh:

Jason has onigiri on his head :rofl:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It is all very perplexing. Do you think it's psychological?

i think her technique needs work... she is good in the air but her free foot is in the way ...

also... i secretly think her coach isn't good for her... :) secretly i insist

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She had 49 PCS at world for similar performance, yeah I think it is a decent score :D

Oh yeah....no comparison.

But 49 at Worlds? Were those judges for real? Judging them so harshly right now.

There are two people in Team Japan's box, I keep thinking one might be Yuzu, but it's probably not. Although he does seem the type to like watching other people skate - no idea why I think that, I just do!

Oh wait, some more people are in Japan's box now.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Go Princess Mononoke, best Joe Hisashi music cut this year!!