AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
2024 Russian Challenge

Yubileyny Sports Palace, Saint Petersburg

Saturday, 09 March 2024
17.00 - 20.45

Current local time in Saint Petersburg, Russia (UTC+3)

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/russia/saint-petersburg

This season there's no official Youtube stream. Replays are uploaded on this channel after a competition is over. There are two ways to watch the official broadcast:
1) Channel One website. The website is blocked in some countries by local providers. You can use Dutch VPN if you are from Europe, or Canadian VPN if you are from the USA to avoid the block.
2) VLC media player. Open this link: https://1tv-live-gcore.servicecdn.ru/dash-live3/streams/sport-1/sport-1.mpd via the player. This option is preferable because the broadcast quality will be better.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Regulations

Date: 09 March 2024.
Time: 17.00-20.00
Venue: Yubileyny Sports Palace, Saint Petersburg

1. Schedule
Date of arrival: 07 March 2024.
Draw: 07 March 2024 at 18.00
Rehearsals: 08 March 2024
Dress rehearsal: 09 March 2024, 10.00-13.00

2. Eligibility rules
Any current or former figure skaters born in 2008 (any month) or older, competing in any of the figure skating disciplines (singles, pairs skating, ice dance), who have submitted a written application to participate in the competition, are invited to participate in the competition.
Olympic champions (individual / team event) and world champions are allowed participate in the competition without pre-selection.
Pre-selection is done by The Figure Skating Federation of Russia and Channel One on the basis of a participant's written application based on the originality of the proposed idea of the perfomance.
Based on the results of the pre-selection of applications, up to 18 participants (singles / teams, hereinafter - participants) will be invited to take part.

3. The list of participants
The organisers reserve the right to make changes to the list, including replacing a participant or reducing the number of participants, in the following cases:
1. Discrepancy of a participant's actual program with the submitted application;
2. Failure to comply with the rules for participation, including violations of requirements for confidentiality;
3. Breach of the contract that is concluded with each participant;
4. For medical reasons.

The replacement of a participant can be made from any figure skating discipline (women's singles, men's singles, pairs / ice dance couples).

4. Participant programs requirements
Each of the participants will have to perform an original exhibiton created especially for this competition and not performed/announced in any way earlier:
1. Duration of the exhibition: from 2,5 to 3 minutes (additional time is to be agreed with the organisers)
2. Obligatory technical elements: none
3. Restrictions for the use of props/costumes: none
4. Artistic light will be provided by the organiser
5. Special effects / projections etc.: in agreement with the organisers

5. Exhibition theme
Theme of the exhibition program should reflect the diversity of historical and cultural traditions of Russia.

The idea of the performance may be based on literature, music, painting, theatre, cinema, folklore and/or any other genres of art.

The form of expression of the idea of the performance can be either traditional or containing new creative solutions.

The basis of musical accompaniment can be the music of the country, both classical and modern.

6. Draw
The starting numbers draw will be held on 07 March 2024.

7. Prize pool
The best exhibition (among all participants)
1 - 5 000 000 RUB
2 - 3 000 000 RUB
3 - 1 000 000 RUB

Audience Award and Media Award
1 000 000 rubles. The prize pool is distributed equally among the winners.

Additional Special Prizes (10 nominations)
500 000 rubles for each special prize

Special prizes can't be awarded to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winners of the main competition.
The total prize poll is 15 000 000 million rubles. There are 3 main prizes and 16 additional prizes.

8. Other
Each invited participant will be paid a fee of 250 000 rubles which can be used for choreographing, costumes and/or props, as well as covering other expenses related to participation in the event.

Travel to the venue of the competition (if necessary) – at the expense of the sending organisation.

Accommodation (if necessary), meals and transportation from the place of residence to the venue of the competition (if necessary) are provided by the organisers.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Participant list
1. Dmitri Aliev
2. Petr Gumennik
3. Oksana Domnina/Maksim Shabalin
4. Vasilisa Kaganovskaia/Maksim Nekrasov
5. Mikhail Kolyada
6. Mark Kondratiuk
7. Evgenia Medvedeva
8. Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov
9. Andrei Mozalev
10. Sofia Muravieva
11. Maria Petrova/Aleksei Tikhonov
12. Daniil Samsonov
13. Evgeni Semenenko
14. Viktoria Sinitsina/Nikita Katsalapov
15. Ksenia Sinitsyna
16. Aleksandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin
17. Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
18. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
19. Anna Frolova
20. Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor Bazin
21. Elizaveta Shanaeva/Pavel Drozd
22. Alexei Yagudin
23. Varvara Zhdanova/Timur Babaev-Smirnov
24. Makar Ignatov
25. Elizaveta Pasechnik/Dario Cirisano
26. Roman Savosin

Outside of the competition Oksana Domnina/Roman Kostomarov.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
Hmm, no Eteri girl, that's disappointing.. I guess Evgenia could count..

I don't think she really has any involvement with them though. Interesting though, I would venture to guess Shcherbakova and Zagitova might be the hosts.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I don't think she really has any involvement with them though. Interesting though, I would venture to guess Shcherbakova and Zagitova might be the hosts.
I heard that Zagitova has Navka show at that time.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
We all have our favorites.
All skaters have their time.

Petrosian must have given them a horrendous idea or not even sent anything in for them to put in Medvedeva instead after her last year's program (the olympics? really? give me a break 🙄).

My best bet is that for some reason Eteri didnt want any of her girls in or the organizers blocked out Eteri.

Amei

Record Breaker
Am I just being negative or this is super underwhelming with the women? Does the world really need another Medvedeva & Tuktamysheva exhibition...? Be honest guys...

Its a little underwhelming, I'm awfully curious about the lack of Eteri ladies skaters here outside of Medvedeva who doesn't really associate with Eteri's school - I saw a comment theorizing it has to do with the theme given Eteri's actions post-ban.

But I also wonder if its a logistics matter: Eteri's shows start at the end of March, maybe they are wanting to save new programs choreographed by Daniil to be debuted at their show circuit not this tournament event.

Additionally of the big name Eteri ladies skaters:
  • Zagitova - supposedly has a Navka show that conflicts with this (according to AlexBreeze's comment)
  • Valieva - obvious reason
  • Shcherbakova - WD from a show on 2/14 due to injury and was pictured in China with her ankle taped, additionally she spent the last week or 2 in China so maybe they don't have anything prepped and there isn't a desire to throw something together in the next 2 weeks?
  • Akatieva - she's been back on the ice for a few weeks but probably not in any shape to really perform yet and IMO it would only hurt her reputation to go out early for this event and look like a shell of herself

Petrosyan is really the only senior lady (unless I'm missing someone) that really I can't see a plausible excuse for why she's not there, given she's the top lady in Russia actively competing right now, either she didn't submit something, her idea was truly horrific or something unknown is going on to explain why she's not there.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Petrosian must have given them a horrendous idea or not even sent anything in for them to put in Medvedeva instead after her last year's program (the olympics? really? give me a break 🙄).

My best bet is that for some reason Eteri didnt want any of her girls in or the organizers blocked out Eteri.
Medvedeva has a bye as a world champion

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker

Daniil and Andrey are there so I dont think they blocked Eteri skaters but im baffled by the lack of Adeliya and B/K.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
I don't mind seeing those two but I hoped never to see Konstantinova again.. ;)
Konstantinova is just what ever. I think shes had a couple interesting exhibitions, I cant remember that well. But when Medvedeva is dropping the weakest programs since her retirement it just makes it so grossly obvious that shes in for popularity alone when we could be seeing something way better and new.

Tuktamysheva is more of a personal gripe - she always had a problem with exhibitions in my opinion but some people do actually like her so I can pass it. But Medvedeva I get the feeling that few people are still looking forward to her over others.

Medvedeva has a bye as a world champion
Yea that excuse works a couple of times but now its up.

But again sounds like Eteri is just saving her best programs for her own show. So the organizers didnt have many options for this one.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Murav'yeva, Sinitisna and Frolova are what the exhibition competition needs. Plus, Mozalev, Aliev and Kolyada. Sounds good to me.