Worlds 2017 Pairs Watch Party—SP Sun May 10, LP Mon May 11, 6 AM EDT | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 Pairs Watch Party—SP Sun May 10, LP Mon May 11, 6 AM EDT

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
to answer Seven Sister, Matteo's wearing the flames of hell :laugh: and i think they have the lyrics on their backs

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That music suits Nicole and Matteo so much better than anything I've seen them do in the past couple of years. I had no idea they had so much drama and power!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
to answer Seven Sister, Matteo's wearing the flames of hell :laugh: and i think they have the lyrics on their backs

You have to admit though, this is not a flattering look on him.

I consistently think this team needs better costumes, and since they hail from such a fashionable country, I can’t see how difficult that could be. Surely there is a Milanese fashion house or designer who could dress them appropriately.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Still one of the best BfK programs out there

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
You have to admit though, this is not a flattering look on him.

I consistently think this team needs better costumes, and since they hail from such a fashionable country, I can’t see how difficult that could be

i totally agree with you

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I miss Valentina and Ondrej so much! I liked their SP here even better than their more comic programs. Valentina's celebratory squiggle ... I love how happy they were to Skate Well.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
I miss Valentina and Ondrej so much! I liked their SP here even better than their more comic programs. Valentina's celebratory squiggle ... I love how happy they were to Skate Well.

Remember they delivered 3 clean programs in 18 Olympics? That was pure joy.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Watching pairs events has made me realize how long-lasting partnerships are rare in the field

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Watching pairs events has made me realize how long-lasting partnerships are rare in the field

Sui/Han is now the only long-lasting pair who move up from Juniors before 17-18 season after D/F and A/W split up.

Recent JWC gold pairs: 20 P/R; 19 M/G; 18 P/K; 17 A/W(split); 16 D/B(split); 15-14 Y/J(split); 13 D/F(split); 12-10 S/H

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Sui/Han is now the only long-lasting pair who move up from Juniors before 17-18 season after D/F and A/W split up.

Recent JWC gold pairs: 20 P/R; 19 M/G; 18 P/K; 17 A/W(split); 16 D/B(split); 15-14 Y/J(split); 13 D/F(split); 12-10 S/H

you know, when you short the pairs they all look like Elon Musk's children :laugh:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aljona and Bruno! :love:

Forgot to say how much I enjoyed Blues for Klook. I was swearing at the camera people, though, when they gave us aerial shots just when I wanted to see Sui/Han's faces!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aljona not happy! She's always most annoyed when she messes up, even only a bobble.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
An idle thought while watching That Man here. I wonder if the light, fun feel of this—which does not sacrifice technical intricacy—was what Tarasova/Morozov and their team were aiming for, when they settled on Candyman for the Olympic year LP?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oof, a twist fall to open... And I still have sound sync issues gaah

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
An idle thought while watching That Man here. I wonder if the light, fun feel of this—which does not sacrifice technical intricacy—was what Tarasova/Morozov and their team were aiming for, when the settled on Candyman for the Olympic year LP?

You know what, that makes absolute sense. Something light, fun, and energetic, but done in a more "youthful" manner. Which (sigh) they missed.

you know, when you short the pairs they all look like Elon Musk's children :laugh:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: