Would Cohen have climbed to the top if she stayed with Tarasova? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Would Cohen have climbed to the top if she stayed with Tarasova?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sad but there have always been skaters with beaucoup de talent who are never able to attain their dream. Maybe Sasha's 'come back' will prove differently.

Joe

I agree Joe, some that come to mind are Jenny Kirk and currently Alissa.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
The thing is, though, Alyssa is still skating. She still has a chance. Kirk has retired and Cohen has pseudo-retired.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Trivial and stupid post by SeaniBu, but...

I would LOVE to see Jenny come back. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!:love: :love: :love: At least keep going with the pro circuit. And not JUST because she is incredibly beautiful. I always felt a joyful sense when she was skating.

I am having a problem with the fact she wasn't in Fashion on Ice.:cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I've seen Angela Nikodinov and Amber Corwin in a couple of those Disson shows...I'm sure Jenny could do one of those if she wanted to. But she seems to want to do other things.

krenseby

Final Flight
Trivial and stupid post by SeaniBu, but...

I would LOVE to see Jenny come back. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!:love: :love: :love: At least keep going with the pro circuit. And not JUST because she is incredibly beautiful. I always felt a joyful sense when she was skating.

I am having a problem with the fact she wasn't in Fashion on Ice.:cool:

I would love to see her in a show as a well. But for some reason, she seems to have soured against skating at all. Maybe she hasn't been doing any training since she she quit. That could be the reason.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The thing is, though, Alyssa is still skating. She still has a chance. Kirk has retired and Cohen has pseudo-retired.
Not quite sure I understand what you're saying!!

Dee

jennylovskt

Medalist
My feeling is That Sasha Cohen's relationship with her coach John Nicks is similar to Johnny's relationship with his coach Priscilla Hill. They both could get pretty much the way they wanted. The coach is just like an adviser. They can listen, but they don't have to listen. I could be wrong. It's just my feeling.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well, I've seen Angela Nikodinov
Oh yes that is a joy. I wasn't paying enough attention when she was skating and it is nice I now can. Some of my favorite practice session video I have is of her:love: :love: :love:
and Amber Corwin in a couple of those Disson shows...I'm sure Jenny could do one of those if she wanted to. But she seems to want to do other things.
I wish she would do them.

I would love to see her in a show as a well. But for some reason, she seems to have soured against skating at all. Maybe she hasn't been doing any training since she she quit. That could be the reason.
Did COI rub her the wrong way?

I haven't seen or heard about any acting or Modeling (other than "I think that is Jenny") and The Ice Diaries thing with Alissa, Bebe, Danielle, and Sandra long ago. Which technically is not acting or modeling, so what is she doing? I miss her.

And It seems the Platex commercial I thought might be her isn't for I can't find anything to confirm it, so must not have been.

Sasha is getting the jobs, What about JK? I know there has been a shift of interest in Brunettes, but Jenny takes to the camera equally as well as Sasha IMO.

BOT. Was Robin at all useful to Sasha? Tat, she had her first at the GPF but went down (1st 3rd then 4th) the rest of that season, then ended with her next season on a great GP series, why leave with 3 golds and a silver in the GP? It seems it is all Sasha? Then Robin, and she at least was consistent with the 2 major silvers then injury for GP? WD because of Injury then go back to Nicks?

Is it really that confusing, or do I have something confused?:laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not quite sure I understand what you're saying!!

Dee

In other words, it's premature to say that Alyssa has "failed" to attain her dream when she is still competing (and seems to be progressing towards that dream).

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wansn't paying enough attention when she was skating and it is nice I now can. Some of my favorite practice session video I have is of her

Link? ;) :p :p

Sasha is getting the jobs, What about JK? I know there has been a shift of interest in Brunettes, but Jenny takes to the camera equally as well as Sasha IMO.

Cohen's just hanging around hollywood, I'm not sure I would say that's a "job". I think Kirk had plans to go to school?

I think Jenny is much prettier (read: hot :love: ) though, but that's JMHO.

jennylovskt

Medalist
She killed the "swan."

This sums up Robin Wagner's influence to Sasha. I sounded mean, I know. What can I say? Robin was like a good friend type of person as a coach. While I like very much and respect her as a person, I don't think she could manage for the demand of a champion-to-be. Sarah Hughes' win at 2002 Olympics was "an accident". Sarah didn't prove that she could do it again.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In other words, it's premature to say that Alyssa has "failed" to attain her dream when she is still competing (and seems to be progressing towards that dream).
I don't think I said that Alyssa is failing, I just agreed with Joe that some skaters have loads of talent and have not attained that dream and possibly never will, which means they possibly could. That's why your comment confused me.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It is not that much RD, just the fluff from Ice Wars. Pony Tail, Cute top, black mittens and black leggings:love: :love: :love: Most of the quality I like about it is the "directing / photography." But you know I LOVE practice outfits more then 90% of dresses.

I have been working on a Beautiful ladies of FS vid, and have incorporated / manipulated most of it. I'll post something out on Youtube when I am done of the "unedited" clips I have. Might have to wait for that.

You could see if she comes up in YouTube and someone posted her Fluff piece for Ice Wars. That is most of what I have of her.
Cohen's just hanging around hollywood, I'm not sure I would say that's a "job". I think Kirk had plans to go to school?
I 'spose that is a good point. Sasha is busy rubbing elbows in Hollywood, she will be getting the jobs. Maybe Jenny is on "hiatus." ????
I think Jenny is much prettier (read: hot :love: ) though, but that's JMHO.
Those two I can't really pick one I think more, it would only be my common but not always preference of brown eyes that might sway me Sasha's way for looks. They are both stunners IMO, and very hard to judge because I know their personalities to some degree. That has effect on looks for me, I think Jenny seems more like she could go hiking and camping, so I might sway Jenny's way....It is just so hard between those two in particular.

What in the world am I even thinking of ??????:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IOW, looks wise, I can't decide between to two.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't think I said that Alyssa is failing, I just agreed with Joe that some skaters have loads of talent and have not attained that dream and possibly never will, which means they possibly could. That's why your comment confused me.

Dee

I know you agreed with him, but then you followed up with:

some that come to mind are Jenny Kirk and currently Alissa.

So I took it to mean that you were saying that Jenny and Alyssa were part of those who "failed". sorry if I misunderstood.

I believe that Jenny Kirk just decided that she had had enough of this particular hobby and wanted to get on with her life -- wherever that might lead her. Ann Patrice McDonnough was another.

People usually start skating when they are very young children. They are intensely into it for a while, then new things come along and their interest fades.

In Jenny's case, I think she was ready to stop when she moved from Boston to Detroit, but she decided that since she was so close to hitting the big time she might as well stick it out for another year and see what happens. The same thing happened the next year, when she moved to Los Angeles. I don't think she was really happy skating for at least the last three years of her career.

I think this is quite normal. Sports and games are really children's activities. Sometimes a person will extend his childhood by competing in college. But if you make it to the NBA or the NFL or in major league baseball, you have become a professional entertainer. I think Jenny just wasn't interested in that career path.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Those two I can't really pick one I think more, it would only be my common but not always preference of brown eyes that might sway me Sasha's way for looks. They are both stunners IMO, and very hard to judge because I know their personalities to some degree. That has effect on looks for me, I think Jenny seems more like she could go hiking and camping, so I might sway Jenny's way....It is just so hard between those two in particular.

What in the world am I even thinking of ??????

I think you're getting a little carried away. Maybe it's that link I sent ya :laugh: ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I believe that Jenny Kirk just decided that she had had enough of this particular hobby and wanted to get on with her life -- wherever that might lead her. Ann Patrice McDonnough was another.

People usually start skating when they are very young children. They are intensely into it for a while, then new things come along and their interest fades.

In Jenny's case, I think she was ready to stop when she moved from Boston to Detroit, but she decided that since she was so close to hitting the big time she might as well stick it out for another year and see what happens. The same thing happened the next year, when she moved to Los Angeles. I don't think she was really happy skating for at least the last three years of her career.

I think this is quite normal. Sports and games are really children's activities. Sometimes a person will extend his childhood by competing in college. But if you make it to the NBA or the NFL or in major league baseball, you have become a professional entertainer. I think Jenny just wasn't interested in that career path.

Jenny DID seem to have a lot of disappointing performances (especially at Worlds) later on, though. I don't blame her.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker

:agree: She was in gymnastics 'til 9, then skating, didn't stop skating but started modeling, then with her mom....:cry: ... all must not be clear on what she wants to, and IF she wants to have one focus. I hope she doesn't disappear!
I think you're getting a little carried away. Maybe it's that link I sent ya :laugh: ;)
:agree: It might have something to do with it. I have been saying Wow:love: , ummmmmm:love: and ger baby ger ger!:love: with every pic. Well, not to sure on the Susanna being so high in those ranks, but she is very pretty too. Great shots of Sarah too.:love: Thanks again.

Thank goodness I don't have dial-up:laugh:

Last edited: