Your favorite "choreographic slide" in Free Dance? | Golden Skate

Your favorite "choreographic slide" in Free Dance?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Choreographic Sliding Movement is not required (see below) in the Free Dance and doesn't have a lot of value, but it is still nice to watch for the teams that implement them!

Which team(s) perform your favorite "slides"?

Communication No. 2172 states that Juniors must pick three of the below, while the "Step Sequence" is already required for the Seniors (who choose two others)

Choreographic Lift
Choreographic Spinning Movement
Choreographic Twizzling Movement
Choreographic Sliding MovementChoreographic Character Step Sequence

Last edited:

Roast Toast

Medalist
Lauriault/Le Gac have a fun one too. Overall I'd say this choreographic element favors uptempo programs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Choreo Slide is the best idea the ISU has had in forever.

I love Fear/Gibson's. I also love Manta/Johnson's for the sheer musical rightness of it.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Definitely Fear/Gibson's disco slide, but I also like the pure curve of Gilles/Poirier's sliding movement a lot, and I like the way the exit from Papadakis/Cizeron's slide integrates it into the storytelling.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Lajoie/Lagha have a really nice one too.

Someone said earlier that Gadbois was doing good choreographic slides, and I just realized that 5 of the 7 teams named here so far train at Gadbois (well they do have a lot of teams, so it makes sense).

oly2018

Final Flight
I really like C/P's choreo slide. It fits the program really well and adds to the ending of the program.

Tex

On the Ice
The disco Brit slide is my favorite. I love the progression of Popova and Mozgov’s slides from the single body slide at the Russian test skates, to the double body slide at another competition, to their current slide; all are dramatic and over the top just like their skating.

Nika09

On the Ice
Hawayek/Baker slide looks beautiful and pretty tricky to me. Because she skates forward and he lean on her skates in opposite direction, literally forcing her back (little confusing but hopefully I could somehow explain it).

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Fear/Gibson's is impressive and entertaining. Gilles/Poirier's is the most dramatic and effective for the music/program.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Lajoie/Lagha have a really nice one too.

Someone said earlier that Gadbois was doing good choreographic slides, and I just realized that 5 of the 7 teams named here so far train at Gadbois (well they do have a lot of teams, so it makes sense).

Yes I've been repeatedly saying it in the ID PBPs that Montreal seems to be the only "school" which really understands how to use slides to enhance the program as a whole. Though I do like Piper and Paul's slide into their final stationary lift in the FD, which I think is just beautiful.

Probably the worst use of slides is when they seem to be thrown in for no apparent purpose, other than to fulfill the "do 3 choreographic elements" rule. The worst example of this that comes immediately to mind is the German IDers doing the Cancer Program. There's a slide in there that does nothing choreographically and just seems to be there to check that requirement off the list.

Paula (gsk8), these choreographic elements actually now have TOO MUCH value. But I think I might start an entire post about them and the other rule changes in ID that could charitably be called disastrous.