Your ONE must-have program of the season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Your ONE must-have program of the season

Seruleane

Final Flight
One more vote for Cizeron and Papadakis as favorite FD program. They are true dancers on ice, I've never seen any other skater look so fluid on ice. Shibs is second and I love them, but they're not even close - sorry. Unless C/P mess up, they should really win this IMO.
Favorite men's LP is Shoma's Turandot. I get chills every time he does the cantilever at the perfect musical climax
Favorite exhibition is Elena's Imagine. I just love the girl, wish her competitive programs were better constructed, though I always love watching her no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm shocked at how few of these posts are dedicated to Seimei.

I really like Seimei, but I liked POTO even more. I'm just corny like that though...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
To pass the next few days until Worlds begins, I figured I would pose a difficult question:

If you could only rewatch ONE program from this season, what would it be? No lists, no honorable mentions. One program. (Though you can add what could happen at Worlds to change that.)

For me, pairs has been my favorite discipline this season, and ladies is the discipline I'm the most emotionally invested in (US ladies always breaking my heart.) But my one program would be Papadakis/Cizeron's FD. I say this as a huge Shibs fan who would love to see them win Worlds....but P/C's FD just does something to me. I think it has to do with the abandon they skate with.

A perfect Firebird from Gracie or a PERFECT LP from Sui/Han could surpass it. But otherwise P/C win the season for me, program-wise.

This is a really hard question. But Hanyu's Seimei LP at NHK would probably be my vote.

I know you said no lists, but runners up would be Chan's 4CC LP (a very close second), Wagner's SC LP, Jin's 4CC LP, Shibs 4CC FD, P/C's Euros FD.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
, but runners up would be Chan's 4CC LP (a very close second), Wagner's SC LP, Jin's 4CC LP, Shibs 4CC FD, P/C's Euros FD.

Interesting choice since so many people on GS complained about Boyang's LP as opposed to his SP with gigantic 4lutz-3toe.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I want to see Gracie's Firebird performed at its best. With perfect jumps, more facial expressions, softer arms, and stuff. :) It's a lovely program but hasn't been performed to its full potential. Her National's performance was technically great but expression-wise was a little lacking.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To pass the next few days until Worlds begins, I figured I would pose a difficult question:

If you could only rewatch ONE program from this season, what would it be? No lists, no honorable mentions. One program. (Though you can add what could happen at Worlds to change that.)

For me, pairs has been my favorite discipline this season, and ladies is the discipline I'm the most emotionally invested in (US ladies always breaking my heart.) But my one program would be Papadakis/Cizeron's FD. I say this as a huge Shibs fan who would love to see them win Worlds....but P/C's FD just does something to me. I think it has to do with the abandon they skate with.

A perfect Firebird from Gracie or a PERFECT LP from Sui/Han could surpass it. But otherwise P/C win the season for me, program-wise.

I can't pick just one. I think the ladies short program of the season is Ashley's. Unfortunately, she has not skated it well since Skate Canada. For men's long, Hanyu. Close second, Patrick's at 4CCs. For dance long and short, the Shibutanis. For ladies, I am in the minority I know, but Mirai's Great Gatsby. Pairs, I don't know.

Definitely Papadakis/Cizeron's FD, the quality there gives me goosebumps and leaves me speechless. After them I'd go with the Shibs FD and Mao Asada's "Madame Butterfly" LP. I also think the choreography in the men's/pairs events are pretty strong overall this year.

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Shibutanis FD at Nationals, just for the K&C reaction alone. :)

So many for me to consider, eg, Shoma's GPF long, Yuzuru's GPF short/NHK long, Gracie's US Nats long, Mao's Japan Open long, Yan Han's 4CC long, P/C free, H/D US Nats short (lol, hope this isn't cheating)...but, I'd have to agree w Mrs. P:agree: A perfect long from Mirai at Worlds could possibly equal it for me though!

Ester

Rinkside
Volosozhar Trankov EC LP for me has to be the best this year. It is a joy to watch. So much skating quality!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Interesting choice since so many people on GS complained about Boyang's LP as opposed to his SP with gigantic 4lutz-3toe.

The guy landed four quads. People who complain are just purists who can't acknowledge or appreciate when a skater puts on a technical display like that. I guess people will simply differ in opinion. I'm sure there were those who think Hanyu's GPF LP, Javi's EC LP, and Chan's 4CC LP were all meh.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
1) Stolbova - Klimov GPF LP.

2) Kavaguti - Smirnov COC LP.

3) Medvedeva GPF LP

4) Mao Asada COC SP

5) Gracie Gold TEB SP / Yulia Lipnitskaia RN SP / Kavaguti Smirnov GPF SP

Last edited:

taltaltel

On the Ice
I want to see Gracie's Firebird performed at its best. With perfect jumps, more facial expressions, softer arms, and stuff. :) It's a lovely program but hasn't been performed to its full potential. Her National's performance was technically great but expression-wise was a little lacking.

I really don't think she's actually capable of that :slink:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Scimeca/Knerim's SP While they aren't my favorites or even in my favorite discipline, there is something about their short this year that I just love.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Evgenia Medvedeva's long. Love the music and choreography. I just wish she'd lose the floppy tano jumps.

and the over the booth thigts, then it would be perfect! Best ladies FS program of the season

Last edited: