Your top programs from the last quad?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Mine are in this order:
1) Caro Bolero
2) Caro Ave Maria
3) Adelina Capriccio Espagnol
4) Yuna Les Miserables
5) Mao Swan Lake (I thought the Rachmaninov piece overpowered her)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
On top of my list:
Julia's Schindler's list and Jason's River dance first place
Carolina's Ave Maria and Bolero
Weaver/Poje: Yo soy Maria de Buenos Aires
MT/M La Strada

though it does not belong to this period, I loved Mao's Masquerade

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
These are my favorites, though it's hard to list them in order, especially after the first two.

Program (Favorite Performances)
1)Yulia Schindler's List (European's and Olympic Team Event)
2) Yulia's You Don't Give Up On Love (Worlds, Euros)
3) Tessa & Scott FD (Olympic FD - the best FD I've seen in my life, managed to top their 2010 Olympic, and 2012 Canadian Nationals FD which were my previous favorite Free dances. It's sort of funny because I dreaded watching it because it was clear months before the Olympics that they were never going to be "allowed" to win but when I first watched it about a week after the Olympics had ended, it wove a magic spell.)
4) Mao SP (2014 Worlds)
5) Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford Tribute (Olympics Team SP)
6) Yulia's Romeo and Juliet (2012 JR Worlds)
7) Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje 42 Street SD/ humanity In Motion FD (2013 Worlds)
8) V/T's Masquerade Waltz (Olympic Team SP)

amc987

On the Ice
Ladies': Suzuki- O, Hymn L'Amour, and Phantom of the Opera; Asada- Rachmaninoff No. 2, Liebestraum; Kostner- Alegretto, Bolero, and Ave Maria; Kim- Korean Folk Music, Les Miserables, and Send in the Clowns; Wagner- Black Swan, Shine on You Crazy Diamond; Czisny- From Winter Into Spring; Lipnitskaya- Schindler's List.

Men's- Abbott- Exogenesis, Life is Beautiful, Sing, Sing, Sing; Chan- Four Seasons, Elegie; Takahashi- Blues for Klook, Moonlight Sonata, Beatles medley; Brown- The Question of U, Riverdance; Hanyu- Parisienne Walkways.

It's hard to remember stuff from the beginning of the quad!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
It's hard to remember stuff from the beginning of the quad!

I know what you mean :eek:hwell: Especially so since skaters usually whip out the very best they have for Olympic season, so it makes it hard to think of anything but the more recent ones..

gotoschool

Medalist
LP
1. Mao Asada Rach 2 Sochi
2. Mao Bells of Moscow 2010 Worlds
3. Mao Liebestraum 2011 4CC

SP
1. Mao Nocturne 2014 Worlds
2. Mao Got Rhythm 2013 4CC
3. Mao Waltz Masquerade 2010 Worlds

LP
1. Yuzuru Hanyu 2014 Worlds LP
2. Patrick Chan Trophy Eric Bombard 2013 LP
3. Daisuke Takahashi 2012 Worlds

SP
1. Yuzuru Hanyu Sochi 2014
2. Patrick Chan Worlds 2013
3. Daisuke Takahashi 2013 NHK

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Machida East of Eden
Kim Yuna Les Miserables
Kim Yuna Send In The Clowns
Carolina Kostner Olympics SP

Jewels

On the Ice
Favorite programmes
Yuna-Les Miserables, Send in the clowns, Giselle
Carolina-Bolero, Ave Maria
Mao-Nocturne
Yulia-Schindler's list
Favorite performances
Whenever Yuna, Carolina, and Mao went clean(+Yuna's Homage to Korea haha)
Zijun-2013 worlds
Gracie-Sleeping beauty....can't remember which competition it was
So youn-2014 worlds

Danja

Rinkside
The order is random :)

1) Ladies

Sotnikova - Bolero
Leonova - Pirates of the Caribbean
Akiko - Kill Bill
Lipnitskaya - Schindler`s List - the only program that made me cry
Kostner - Ave Maria
Makarova - Violin String, Megapolis

2) Men

Menshov - Smooth Criminal, Pina, Rene Aubry - as far as I rememeber, right after the Smooth Criminal at Euro-11 I got really interested in figure skating, started watching not only major competitions, but also Grand-Prix, following all the skaters` interviews, reading forums and so on
Březina - Japanese drums, Untouchables, In the Hall of the Mountain King - Březina`s programs are always cool! I only wish he changed them a little bit more often
Brown - Prince
Kevin Reynolds - AC/DC, Chambermaid Swing

3) Dances (I must admit, that I haven`t been following them much)

BS - Where I want to be, Man with a Harmonica - their "Madness" is so far my favourite program between all FS-programs
ZG - Zombie, Polka+Waltz
MK - Jumpin` Jack
Coomes/Buckland - Michael Jackson
Pechalat/Bourzat - Petit Prince - I`m one of those rare people, who don`t like this book, but the dance was really attractive and very-very French

4) Pairs

VT - Bring me to life, Godfather
SS - Pina
SK - Bolero, Polovetsian Dances, Addams Family
Della Monica/Guarise - Nothing else matters
Berton/Hotarek - Paint it black - of course I must have heard this song before, but I`ve never paid attention to it. But after BH`s performance I fell in love with this music ^_^

desertskates

Medalist
Gold- Yuna's Les Mis at '13 Worlds
Silver- Davis and White's Olympic Scheherazade
Bronze- Verner's Dueling Banjos at '14 worlds

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Some special programs to me:

Dube/Davison, The way we were (I know it's from 2010 but let me link it here...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8r4ptp0mkA
This is heartbreaking program.

Kiira Korpi SP Somewhere over the rainbow 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnU_j_ZA-tc
Just pure beauty and extremely wonderful interpretation!

Alissa Czisny SP and FS GPF 2010
SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtmqxhv0Aog
FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwovnx04o0

Carolina Kostner FS 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZQmhsWuLEc
This Mozart piano concerto is one of my favourites of Mozart. It isn't easy to skate and Carolina expressed it lovely.

Jeremy Abbot FS 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDzqxpi_Gs8
I get goose bumps every time I see this.

Patrick Chan SP 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uinNHFfXHyg

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
MEN'S SP:
1.) Daisuke Takahashi 2013 (Worlds), Moonlight Sonata - Amazing music for skating. The slower tempos of this program utilize the music with an effortless, unfussy Triple Axel landing and movements that patiently grasp outward towards an unseen force. The faster tempos feature a well-placed jump combination, a combination spin with changes of position and speed that directly work with the music, and stunning footwork. However, you should take note of how this program suffers in the same way that virtually EVERY current CoP program suffers - the footwork sequence is overlong and nearly impossible to match completely to the music. Imagine if this program had two separate, shorter footwork sequences - one straightline blazing across the ice and then a circular footwork sequence to conclude the program. It would be more effective and convey more ideas. Still, given that all current programs do indeed suffer from the rules, this program is one the best attempts at trying to make the elements become one with the music.
2.) Daisuke Takahashi 2010 (NHK), Perez Prado Mamba - A forgotten program for him it would seem. This version specifically should be remembered. Between his "flying layback", the characterful movements between the elements, the tremendous speed into the lutz, and his dazzling step sequence which he truly dances all the way through, this program displays more freedom and authenticity than most others you'll see.
3.) Jason Brown 2013 (TEB), The Question of U - Uniquely funky without being self-conscious. His extensions definitely help to add impact. I do have to express disappointment with the choreography of the sit-change-sit spin, though. It's a throw-away element here and it shouldn't be with how good of a spinner he is.

MEN'S LP:
1.) Yuzuru Hanyu 2012 (Worlds), Romeo+Juliet - Explosive, sensitive, and enthralling. He deeply embodies two completely opposite emotions. The brilliance of the majority of the program is enough for me to rank this at the top despite the second spin being poorly choreographed (it would also be better in general if the program had a jump in this spot and saved the spin for after the final footwork sequence).
2.) Javier Fernandez 2013 (Europeans), Chaplin - Beautifully playful, happy-yet-sad. It really nails that unique essence. The second spin of the program is not well choreographed and the second half of the second footwork sequence should have been less fussy and had more character, but the rest of the program still puts this ahead.
3.) Jason Brown 2011 (Nationals), Turandot - This is the ONLY program where non-stop transitions and all of the CoP requirements actually work with the music. It should be noted, however, that he only attempted Level 3 footwork, he didn't backload his jumps as heavily, and he *gasp* did more than two crossovers in a row a few times in the program. So actually he didn't strictly play by the CoP gain-as-many-technical-points-as-possible rules. Which is why this program is glorious.

-----

LADIES SP:
1.) Mao Asada 2014 (Worlds), Nocturne No.2 - Total elegance combined with a strict yet effortless rigor, which is perfect for this music.
2.) Akiko Suzuki 2011 (NHK), Hungarian Rhapsody - Expertly balanced and delightful with the undercurrent of a fighter's spirit.
3.) Rachael Flatt 2011 (Nationals), East of Eden - Yes, I'm surprised by picking this too. It's truly a great program, though. The choice to not do a catch-foot position in the Layback served the music wonderfully. Doing "only" a Triple-Double combination actually served the music as well, because it creates the contrast of something grand with something gentle. The ina bauer highlight is stunning. The footwork, while overwrought, does still express an uncontainable joy.

LADIES LP:
1.) Mao Asada 2010 (Nationals), Liebestraume - Pure love. You must specifically watch this performance/version of the program; the others do not live up to it. The elements are perfectly balanced here, with the best spiral sequence of the past quad, a step sequence in which all of the movement feels right and even helps to tell the story, and spins where all of the positions are good/great and work with the music.
2.) Yu-Na Kim 2013 (Worlds), Les Miserables - Intimately epic. A program without unnecessary excess that does exactly what is needed to create meaningful moments and maintain organic space inbetween. Small nitpick though - her second step sequence and final spin could have been choreographed slightly better.
3.) Julia Lipnitskaya 2013 (Skate Canada), Schindler's List - The most talked about program of the Olympic season. It can not be denied. This was her best performance of the program, with her nerves completely unfettered and her technical precision allowing the entirety to breathe and showcase an innocent solemnity. So much light contained in such a little body, as set against the overwhelming darkness in front of her.

-----

DANCE SD:
1.) Virtue/Moir 2014 (Olympics), Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong Medley - It characterizes the feeling of an exquisite candle-lit dinner with your lover. Something worth living for.
2.) Davis/White 2013 (Worlds), Giselle - When it comes to doing a nice, safe Disney-esque program, this is just about as good as you can get. Delightful for all ages.
3.) Shibutani/Shibutani 2012 (Nationals), Batuca/The Girl From Ipanema/Samba de Janeiro - Very playful and charming. A lot of fun.

DANCE FD:
1.) Virtue/Moir 2011 (Worlds), Hip Hip Chin Chin/Temptation/Mujer Latina - Modern lust and romance wonderfully conveyed. The best usage of twizzes in a program ever.
2.) Weaver/Poje 2013 (Worlds), Humanity in Motion - I love the uplifting quality, the complete lack of wild movement, and the usage of positions to express time. Close to being a masterpiece, although unfortunately isn't because of unnecessary CoP requirements in the footwork sequences and twizzles.
3.) Gilles/Poirier 2013 (NHK), Hitchcock - Slyly unconventional and inventive.

-----

PAIRS SP:
1.) Volosozhar/Trankov 2011 (Worlds), Carmina Burana - Powerful and direct. It gets right to the heart of the matter, offering an adrenaline rush with clean positions and enough angular movements to convey the existential crisis of the music.
2.) Sui/Han 2012 (Four Continents), Country Dance - They really enjoy it and some of their elements bring what could be a stereotypical concept to the next level - a huge tano triple twist (mimics the feeling of her with a lasso), him doing a rope miming movement during the death spiral after the change of arm (difficult and draws attention away from how the death spiral is slowing down as it always does at that point), and the one-handed full-split lift position.
3.) Pang/Tong 2013 (GPF), Lady Caliph - They express years of endured anguish. Could use a bit more contrast, but such a mature offering.

PAIRS LP:
1.) Savchenko/Szolkowy 2011 (Worlds), Pink Panther - FUN! It loses some spark towards the end with unnecessary positions in a few elements (as demanded by the rules), but as far as the current CoP goes, you can't get much more whimsical than this.
2.) Pang/Tong 2013 (GPF), Les Miserables - An epic tapestry. The pain of a difficult life continually held up by hope for something better.
3.) Kavaguti/Smirnov 2011 (Europeans), Clair de Lune - Both remote and warm at the same time, this program and this pair characterize a demure return to happiness.

Imagine

Medalist
1. Yulia Lipnitskaya - Schindler's List
2. Mao Asada - Nocturne No.2
3. Yulia Lipnitskaya - You Don't Give Up On Love

Elen2702

Rinkside
My favourite programs are:

Juliya Lip- both short and long programme 2014 (Schindler's List, You Don't Give Up On Love)
Virtue/Moir -Carmen,
I/K - Swarn Lale.
Daisuke Takahashi - Swarn Lake

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Dance
V/M - Carmen
D/W - Olympic 2010 fp

Pairs
S/S - Pina
V/T - Jesus Christ Superstar (SA performance in particular)
K/S - Clair De Lune

Ladies
Yu-na Kim - Les Miserables
Yulia Lipnitskaya - Shindler's List
Carolina Kostner - Piano Concerto No. 23

Men
Daisuke Takahashi - Blues for Klook
Plushenko - Tango de Roxane
Yuzuru Hanyu - Romeo and Juliet

SkateSkates

Medalist
Carolina Kostner - Mozart 2012 Worlds, Bolero 2013 Worlds
Mao Asada - Swan Lake (early season version, not Worlds or WTT version), Liebestraum 2010 Nationals, Nocturne 2014 Worlds
Julia Lipnitskaia - Schindler's List 2014 Europeans/2013 Skate Canada, Romeo & Juliet 2012 Jr. Worlds
Yuzuru Hanyu - Romeo & Juliet 2012 Worlds
Davis & White - Notre Dame 2013 Worlds
Virtue & Moir - Short Dance 2014 Olympics
Daisuke Takahashi - everything

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Dance:
G/P-"Hitchcock" and "Pure Imagination" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okbh1mO2Xcs
I/K-Black Swan
H/D-"Nocture/Bohemian Rhapsody"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3483XHc_z50
Shibs-Michael Jackson FD
W/P-FD 2011 "Moulin Rouge"-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6F_KyIlDBY

Men

Jeremy Abbott: "Swing Kids SP" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeya_bPe53Y#at=232
and the original 2012 version of his "Exogenesis pt. 3: LP--http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo60ty_2012-u-s-national-jeremy-abbott-fs_sport
Javier Fernandez-"Chaplin"
Patrick Chan- 2011 SP "Take Five" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHOMvzABdO8
Denis Ten: "The Artist" FS-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ0iGuaRAm4

Wo|flax

Final Flight
1) Akiko: all of them
2) Yuzuru R&J1
3) Mao Olys LP
4) Yuzuru PW
5) Daisuke: all of them
6) Caro Ave Maria and Bolero
7) Jason Riverdance and QofU
8) Jeremy '14 LP
9) Javi Chaplin

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ladies:
Yuna Kim - Send in the Clowns, Giselle, Arirang (okay, the last two weren't skated well, but... :love::cry:) 2013 Worlds SP + LP were also stunning (basically everything except Adiós Nonino)
Mao Asada - '14 SP & LP
Yulia Lipnitskaya - '14 SP & LP
Akiko Suzuki - O
Carolina Kostner - Ave Maria

Men:
Jason Brown - Riverdance
Yuzuru Hanyu - PW, R&J1
Patrick Chan - Take Five
Daisuke Takahashi - Blues for Klook, Beatles Medley final version, just Dai in general
Evgeni Plushenko - Saint Saens Medley
Artur Gachinski - '12 SP + LP

Ice Dance:
V/M - Carmen, this season SD
W/P - Je Suis Malade
P/B - Le Petit Prince, Mummy and Pharaoh

Pairs:
V/T - Masquerade Waltz, Black Swan
P/T - I Dreamed a Dream (oh so sappy... but I fell for it)
S/S - Pink Panther & their EX at Sochi