Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 63 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
That's a fantastic video and very interesting experiment I would say. Not that I don't like the original choice but this is a better fit for her style and choreo. Amazing how it hits all the elements and the timing it's perfect. Beautiful.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Personally I don't mind too much if the next season Other skaters are placed in the top of the podium, as you know I hope our baby will not push herself too harsh. I think season 2015 and 2016 are not as important as 2017 and 2018 (for Olympics season). I think maybe that's the reason Yuna skipped the whole 2012 season since it didn't hinder her at WC 2013 at all. If Yulia's goal is 2018, then there is no need to push herself too much in 2015 and 2016.

starlight97

Final Flight
Personally I don't mind too much if the next season Other skaters are placed in the top of the podium, as you know I hope our baby will not push herself too harsh. I think season 2015 and 2016 are not as important as 2017 and 2018 (for Olympics season). I think maybe that's the reason Yuna skipped the whole 2012 season since it didn't hinder her at WC 2013 at all. If Yulia's goal is 2018, then there is no need to push herself too much in 2015 and 2016.

I actually kinda agree with you here.
I felt so so sorry for her when I watched the olympics, not because I think that 5th isn't good or anything but, just because she was SO consistent for the entire season leading up to Sochi and out of all the many events where she could have made a mistake she had to make it in Sochi.... I thought this was so 'unfair' in a kind of way :eek:hwell: because she deserved more and could have gotten more after working so hard.. :/
But that's figure skating I guess every competition is independent and the before doesn't count :/
So I'm rooting for her in 2018 for sure :) !

papa

Match Penalty

I'm glad to read Averbukh saying: "I'm not advocating that necessarily every year you need to come up with something radically new - relatively speaking, to change something just for the sake of change."
I've been worried that they will be obsessed with the urge to surpass Schindler's List, overdo and end up with something weird.
I'm not expecting next SL this year, just want program matching Yulia's grace and weightlessness, possibly with some little story on top (Oh me! I'm so undemanding... :laugh:;) )

Yulia
https://pp.vk.me/c620927/v620927512/e2e8/caZdwx9ztHs.jpg
Robin Van Persik
https://pp.vk.me/c620927/v620927750/bab6/CGl7KHTR7AU.jpg :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
I actually kinda agree with you here.
I felt so so sorry for her when I watched the olympics, not because I think that 5th isn't good or anything but, just because she was SO consistent for the entire season leading up to Sochi and out of all the many events where she could have made a mistake she had to make it in Sochi.... I thought this was so 'unfair' in a kind of way :eek:hwell: because she deserved more and could have gotten more after working so hard.. :/
But that's figure skating I guess every competition is independent and the before doesn't count :/
So I'm rooting for her in 2018 for sure :) !

I felt sorry too because I wanted her to skate well, but I must say that in this case I'm so happy she didn't win.
Just reading about Adelina it gets to my nerves, and I'm not even her fan. It's disgusting. :disapp:

sjid

Final Flight
Some of you are fascinated by Yulia's arm and hand movement, a fascination that I share. She has developed a vocabulary of gestures to interpret music, including a hand reaching upward toward a high note and then pulling back to trace the falling notes that follow. This reaching-falling movement is used throughout SL. We see this gesture right away in the first two measures after the introduction ends, where it represents pairs of notes in the melody that are far apart. It is often repeated when we hear similar pairs of notes with wide intervals, though sometimes altered as the music develops. We see an example with a lovely hand flourish just as she moves away from the wall at about 1:10. Or how about the spin at about 0:50, where a leg reach telescopes into an arm reach! At the climax of the music, where she bends backwards at about 3:20, the interval of the pair of notes is even wider and more emphatic. Here she takes the reaching-falling gesture to its extreme. She thrusts upward with both arms, then falls with her entire body (bends backward) with great drama and brilliance as the melody descends. These are a few examples of how she develops a specific movement of the body, in this case the reaching-falling motif, as the music develops the corresponding idea, in this case the falling wide-interval motif. Composers know that different intervals make us feel different emotions. The emotional impact of SL depends on frequent use (like half the piece) of rising and falling pairs of notes over wide intervals because those intervals can evoke feelings of tenderness, even crying. This is why the reaching-falling gesture is so important and why it is seen so often. She deserves much credit for developing the melody in movement just as the music develops the melody in sound. Her imaginative visual approach is more than exciting, it adds great emotional depth.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great first post!! Welcome!!

I'm glad others share in the breaking down and understanding of the feelings she shares while performing. It's complex, deep, and very well thought out. Unfortunately it flys right over some people's heads. I know I feel it and I understand everything you just posted. Thank you:)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I found this link on Yulia's Fanpage.

http://vimeo.com/29978678

If it were edited a bit does anyone think she could skate to it?

I've known about and listened to Ludocico Einaldi but after clicking the link I immediately went and downloaded the whole album Divenire. I think no matter how much love and support the world offers to Yulia she will always kind of be out there on her own. Partly by choice and partly by nature. I think his music really represents that kind of emotion and would give her something to relate to.

Just some random thoughts mind you :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
У меня нет стремления кому-то что-то доказать, я доказываю себе, что могу стать еще лучше и еще сильней с каждой тренировкой!

I have no desire to prove something to someone, I prove to myself that I can become even better and even stronger with each workout!

This was posted on VK with a this picture... http://cs616822.vk.me/v616822179/166e9/8cXvhfFcg50.jpg

alebi

Medalist
У меня нет стремления кому-то что-то доказать, я доказываю себе, что могу стать еще лучше и еще сильней с каждой тренировкой!

This was posted on VK with a this picture... http://cs616822.vk.me/v616822179/166e9/8cXvhfFcg50.jpg

she has a mind!! and afterwards lots of talent! She can be a role model for so many teenagers. I feel so inferior in front of her :eek: I'm twice as old as Yulia and I have a lot of admiration and respect :)