Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 146 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

JuliettaG

On the Ice
I've just read the translation of his press com and :shocked: That he only started training quads two weeks ago, it is insane. For him to be able to do these beautiful quads at practice , I'm in awe, really. I don't care about layouts ,placements,olympics... anymore. Just watching him skate is a gift.

Henni147

Final Flight
I don't care about layouts ,placements,olympics... anymore. Just watching him skate is a gift.
Same thought. To reactivate quads within two weeks and with such insane quality deserves a medal by itself and I'm sure the judges will appreciate that. This is something really special and Yuzu can be proud of that.

#Sidenote: To plan a layout, to execute a layout and to execute a layout AT OLYMPICS... is completely different stuff. Shoma and Nathan haven't experienced an overcrowded individual event at Olympics yet. That atmosphere is incomparable with the team-event. To attempt quads in the presence of all top contenders, press and fans is tough. VERY TOUGH. To attempt six of them... a forlorn hope.

After today's practice I'm confident that Yuzu can produce something huge here in PyeongChang. Not (only) because of his jumps but his mood, attitude and appearance. I remember Johnny Weir's words at GPF2015: "He's very dangerous when he's confident." :cool:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
It's February 14 in my part of the world so Happy Hearts Day to all fans of Yuzuru and figure skating.

Ideally, now is the time for Yuzuru to reap the fruits of all the "seeds" he painstakingly sowed these past four years (and even longer). Because of the injury at NHK '17, the jumps may not be all there for him yet, but what I believe will carry him through is his character and his heart. He showed it by being mature and patient, not allowing himself to give up and be discouraged during the three weeks which were all he had to train for what is probably his toughest competition ever. And what is crystal clear to me since he arrived in Korea is that he is in PyeongChang to win: the mentality of a champion, It reminds me of how he spoke firmly of aiming for the gold medal at Helsinki Worlds when many thought it was beyond him after he placed in the short program. I posted before that I prayed that he at least be given a fighting chance to defend his Olympic title, and I believe with God's grace and Yuzuru's own determination and guided by his team, he has that chance now. In the biggest stage of all, I am confident that Yuzuru's skating quality, like truth, will out.

Today is also Ash Wednesday in my faith, so prayers and sacrifice (fasting and abstinence) are in order not just for the good of my soul but also for Yuzuru's hopes and dreams in PyeongChang. Go Yuzuru! Fighting!

kiches

Final Flight
I just left Seimei Shrine in Kyoto and said a prayer and left an ema. I saw Shae-Lynn and Yuzu’s ema and heard quite a few people saying “Hanyu-kun” when I was there - must be some stopping by right before the men’s event at the Olympics. I’m headed back to Osaka this evening to catch my flight back to Seoul - perhaps I’ll see a few fans at Incheon airport tonight.

yude

Record Breaker
Seems like the reporters are attending the press con post Pairs SP now, I'm seeing only a few reports. Maybe a little bit later :scratch2:

yude

Record Breaker
Fuji cut out his run-through lol. He did it without the jumps according to the reports.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I watched the practice, and he was amazing. Marked the jumps but those outside of the RT were great.

The fall was irrelevant, it was a no speed thing, disregard it. He's in a great mood and knock on wood for it all!