Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 150 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

kiches

Final Flight
Actually he responded to someone in the tweet that he’s not scheduled to practice on the MR, but he will keep us updated.

If he isn’t... means I have more flexibility to leave after Pairs free and maybe come back later to the arena.

yude

Record Breaker
He is skipping the main rink one, the 2nd one. Jack Gallagher said so on Twitter.

Actually he didn't say that Yuzu is skipping the main rink. He is just saying that he will go to Yuzu's practice on the second rink:
https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/963775304387911680
Unless they are happening at the same time, I actually don't know when the practices happen.

Actually he responded to someone in the tweet that he’s not scheduled to practice on the MR, but he will keep us updated.

If he isn’t... means I have more flexibility to leave after Pairs free and maybe come back later to the arena.

Thank you for the reply! I understand if he decides to skip the MR practice, he has to go to the arena very early in the morning tomorrow.

(and we also need some rest, don't we ? :biggrin:)

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Actually he didn't say that Yuzu is skipping the main rink. He is just saying that he will go to Yuzu's practice on the second rink:
https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/963775304387911680
Unless they are happening at the same time, I actually don't know when the practices happen.

Actually he did because you're not looking at all of his tweets.
https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/963777585959247873

I do check my sources first.

- - - Updated - - -

A pretty good article in Washington Post about Yuzuru!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/963896150439989249

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
since I am a relatively new fan (it's been a year) of yuzuru, I just wanted to ask the OG fans how Yuzuru was perceived by the media and everyone before and when he competed at Sochi 2014. Was he considered an unexpected dark horse or a strong contender for the 2014 Olympics? Was he well-known and did people expect him to win?
I was wondering how his Olympic season this time could be different from the last time. he has a lot of pressure now being the defending champion and all those achievements since the Olympics and wanted to know how he was seen and what kind of pressures he had before becoming an Olympic Champion in 2014.

IMO Yuzuru is like Nathan that time. After Yuzuru beat P.Chan in GPF (like Nathan beating Yuzu in GPF-FS 2016-2017 and 4CC) he become the crowd favourite especially with his flawless SP. But after his 2 falls in his FS at Sochi many wondered if he still could be the OGM since P.Chan is yet to skate. But we all know what happened and Yuzuru become the OGM.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Have either Chen or Uno built enough momentum this time around to surpass Hanyu?

Not really if compared with Yuzuru's momentum vs Patrick back then. Yuzuru broke Patrick's WR before Sochi, won 2013 GPF with Patrick participating.

Nathan & Shoma's momentum sort of slowed down compared to beginning of 2017
Nathan's performance in the men's SP in Team event and Shoma's 2nd place finish at 2017 GPF and 2018 4CC dont help the build momentum view.
The one who has been building momentum is Boyang Jin, also coming back from injury.

firal

Record Breaker
He'll do a different set of warm-up in the 6 minute since he is skating first, probably less jumps and such. I am just glad he is not going last; I can't imagine the tension building if that is the case! I'm happy Brian will be able to do coaching duties and be in K&C for both Yuzuru and Javier.

Pairs short was excellent yesterday; really hoping the men will deliver and then Yuzuru coming out on top. :biggrin:

Will we have new costume to look forward too?? :laugh2: The interview with Arakawa Shizuka indicated that he reply her text (with image of arena) that his costume will look good/stand out, I believe. I think SEIMEI's white will look good with the purple background, not sure what to expect with Chopin.

yude

Record Breaker
I've been watching other sports in this PC Olympics and seeing the medalists, and I started feeling like the momentum in the season might not that big deal in the event called the Olympics. After all, the athlete who can focus mentally and peak physically the most at one or two shots in four years wins the game, which makes the Olympics unique and interesting. JMO and it may depend on each sport though.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I've been watching other sports in this PC Olympics and seeing the medalists, and I started feeling like the momentum in the season might not that big deal in the event called the Olympics. After all, the athlete who can focus mentally and peak physically the most at one or two shots in four years wins the game, which makes the Olympics unique and interesting. JMO and it may depend on each sport though.

Gathering oneself for that critical moment, rising to the occasion, yes Yuzuru can do that as observed by Bobrin and Scott Russell :yes:

leolion11

On the Ice

I feel like this could be true. When I read this, I thought of Sara Takanashi - I really did think she would win her event this time round but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Yuzuru looks reallllllllllllllllllllly smooth on ice. Smoother than before.

Ohhhh, and he's doing the quad loop?

And now he's adding on Rippon arms?

Jackie Wong's report till now:

Current: 2/15 practice

Hanyu: 3F, 4T, 4S, 4Lo

Chen: 3Lo, 3Lz, 3A

Uno: 2A, 3S, 3Lo

Fernandez: marked jumps in FS runthru

Jin: 3A, 3A, 3Lz, 4T, 3S, 2S

Kolyada: 3T, 3Lz, 3Lz, 3T3T, 3Lz1/2Lo2S, 2A

HE REALLY LOOKS SUPERIOR :biggrin: