Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 239 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
「ロシア大会から心配してくださっている方々に深く感謝申し上げます。全日本選手権に向けできることを尽くしていましたが、出場することができず非常に悔しく思います。今後、どうなるかわかりませんが、1日でも早く痛みや制限がなくなり、競技に復帰できるよう努めてまいります」

"I extend my deepest gratitude to those who have been worried about me since CoR. I have done all I can with regard to Japanese Nationals, and I am extremely regretful (kuyashii) that I will not be able to appear. I do not know what will happen in the future, but I will immediately endeavor to return to competition the moment I no longer have any pain or restrictions."

I tried to translate it in the most accurately official-sounding way possible. :biggrin: Hopefully that will allay some fears.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I feel like the odd one out here: less worried, more relieved. Even if he was feeling up to competing at Nats, he wouldn’t have had the training time and, let’s be real, he’d be asking a little much from that ankle. Of course I want him to be able to go and enjoy nationals, but I’m actually just a bit “whew, exhale” at the fact that he’s taking care of his body.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
If anyone saw my post in The Lutz Corner about how I usually stop by doing a very sharp two-foot turn as opposed to any kind of actual stop... one of the main reasons is because I don't like scraping up the ice, which is definitely an influence from Yuzu. :eek:: I never used to care about that before, but now I want to keep the ice as nice as possible for the others.

Wynter

On the Ice
Up to yesterday I actually more worried that he will force himself to go to JNats since he hasn't been there in the last two years. Thank God he decided to pay more attention on his health.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel like the odd one out here: less worried, more relieved. Even if he was feeling up to competing at Nats, he wouldn’t have had the training time and, let’s be real, he’d be asking a little much from that ankle. Of course I want him to be able to go and enjoy nationals, but I’m actually just a bit “whew, exhale” at the fact that he’s taking care of his body.

Thank you! We do worry about him because we care, but really... of all skaters and sporting figures, Yuzu is among those who can call on the absolute best care and medical advice available.

Reth

On the Ice
I’m with you on this. I just want him to heal and take care of his health.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I’m with you on this. I just want him to heal and take care of his health.

Preach. I hate that his life is like one long “good news, bad news” joke (seriously, this gag has become extremely stale) but I just didn’t see anything good in rushing to nationals. Then again, I find Nationals to generally be a dog and pony show and am of the opinion that everyone is better off skipping them when necessary and/or possible.

yude

Record Breaker
As much as I wish him completely recovery, I feel like I have to face the reality that Yuzuru's ankle is more fragile than ever because of injury in the last year. He said his ligaments were so thin that the impact reached the bones directly. Being an athlete and a figure skater, he must know that he has to deal with this unstable condition until he stops compete. So I am very thankful for him still giving us the chances to witness his performances after the Olympics, and I will cherish each competition as long as he competes :) :pray:

yude

Record Breaker
By the way, I heard that JSF would not announce the member of team Japan at the venue this year (I don't know the reason). So probably we'll have to wait for the media reports? :think:

I found the source, this is official document by JSF and it says "氷上での代表発表は行いません" means "There is no announcement of the members on the ice."

https://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_da...lJapan/18AllJapan_summary_information0914.pdf

Is it possible Mr. Ito just reads the paper and the audience hear it in their seats while there is no skater on the ice? :laugh:

Weetos

Final Flight
Oh I'm relieved he is not trying to go to Nationals, my worry is what it means longer term.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Oh I'm relieved he is not trying to go to Nationals, my worry is what it means longer term.

Each case is individual, we really cant tell, it can heal faster or longer last year after NHK he was given 10 days of full rest and then 3-4 weeks of rehabilitation. Injury did not heal well so he had to wait until January, the thing is it can be healed faster than they expect or need more time and surely he does not know about future until his rehabilitation time is over, right after the line about continuing to aim for competing follows.. that’s why he said he’s not certain how things will go , So I don’t take that one line as particularly negative , He will only know when he recovers . I do take this comment similar to his post PC comment When he stated his intention to continue but not knowing how recovery will go. If he aims to do quad axel he needs to be at his 100% not even 70-80% , and this is not an olympic year.. I think this time he will take his time and recover fully even he has to skip entire season. of course he is aiming for wc but his main goal is to be healthy now as he still seems eager to compete. So we should wait, at this rate I dont think he himself will know answer about recovery until rehabilitation 4 weeks are over.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
"I extend my deepest gratitude to those who have been worried about me since CoR. I have done all I can with regard to Japanese Nationals, and I am extremely regretful (kuyashii) that I will not be able to appear. I do not know what will happen in the future, but I will immediately endeavor to return to competition the moment I no longer have any pain or restrictions."

I tried to translate it in the most accurately official-sounding way possible. :biggrin: Hopefully that will allay some fears.

Thank you so much.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The timing of the new award is great, reminds everyone including his critics and carpers that even though, with all the loss of time through injury, he has had to compete less... he's still skating's King and Lord of Extra.

Apparently, along with Yuzu getting an award, as I unerstand it JSF get a lump sum for training pr promotion?

yude

Record Breaker
That's so cute! Was he trying to imitate Tracy?

I have no clue but that is also my guess :biggrin:

The timing of the new award is great, reminds everyone including his critics and carpers that even though, with all the loss of time through injury, he has had to compete less... he's still skating's King and Lord of Extra.

Apparently, along with Yuzu getting an award, as I unerstand it JSF get a lump sum for training pr promotion?

Yes, Yomiuri newspaper gives Yuzuru 2 million yen and JSF gets 3 million yen (I wish it is reverse...)

https://twitter.com/BluecosmosH/status/1073501926602375170

Status
Not open for further replies.