Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 257 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yuzu's aesthetics: the sneakers will be gold or baby blue encrusted with lots of rhinestones and has a decoration in the shape of wings or feathers

Amef

Final Flight
Yuzu's aesthetics: the sneakers will be gold or baby blue encrusted with lots of rhinestones and has a decoration in the shape of wings or feathers
It will be hip hop bling bling G-Dragon style lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But seriously though, it's very quiet on his side so I am speculating he doesn't want to go?

Worlds are in a month from Laureus, so maybe one night in Monaco really is a bit disruptive?

I know he did 24 hour TV close to competitions but it wasn't 1 month away from big ones right?
(Have zero idea about when 24TV is).

I know he does film commercials during off season, but never during the season right?
So maybe he might not go, I presume he will have contacted the Laureus side by now. He might be asked to film a video message if he gets the award, because I have a feeling he might decline the inivitation...

And Laureus twitter seems to never answer fan questions about if they are gonna announce the attendance list.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I don't think big galas where he doesn't know 99% of the people and probably can't converse with them properly are really his thing. But who knows.

Amef

Final Flight
I don't think big galas where he doesn't know 99% of the people and probably can't converse with them properly are really his thing. But who knows.
Naomi Osaka might go...

Also the fact that Plushenko once went when Laureus was in russia (there are pics on twitter).

But true, his english isn't that good and he might not be able to ask those weird questions about rotations or physics like he does to Japanese athletes.

khtmyzr

Final Flight

Henni147

Final Flight
“Thank you for allowing me to come to Toronto” :sad4:
I'm still sobbing :sad21:

Olympic Channel demonstrates once again, how to please the skating world. Their posts are unmatched :laugh:

Seriously: the farewell collection, Yuzu's video mail and the super detailed flashback of Javi's career are spot on - timing and content.
Thumbs up :2thumbs:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
hmm I suppose this photo was taken fairly recently. I wonder if the channel has more Yuzuru content in store for us...

Definitely recent since they are wearing the same clothes of the pictures Brian and Tracy uploaded to IG when Javi came back. I am sure the Olympic Channel will upload something eventually...even if it's not new lol they know we won't be seeing Yuzu until March and will happily dig on whatever they give us :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yoa

On the Ice
Yuzuru became USSA's athlete of the year https://twitter.com/USSportsAcademy/status/1087741454204747776 :yahoo:

Someone should send those photos to Yuzuru. Bigger chance that he will go then :laugh:
But honestly I don't think that he will go. He probably prefers to focus on preparing for worlds. But maybe he will surprise me

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whooo, it's been quite a morning, getting up to see the Javi tribute, including Yuzu's little solo one (not crying, not crying... okay, crying!!!) and then to find out he won that USSA Athlete of the Year... so deserved, so so deserved.

:clapper:

yude

Record Breaker
“Thank you for allowing me to come to Toronto” :sad4:

This might be what Yuzuru wanted to say to Javi the most. No one can imagine Yuzuru's life and his skating career if Javi said "NO" at that time. I want to say THANK YOU to Javi as one of Yuzuru's fans.

Congratulations on USSA athlete of the year!! :yahoo:

kiches

Final Flight
Congratulations to Yuzu for winning USSA athlete of the year! I feel like I woke up to a small bundle of happy Yuzu news, from the award to the video message to Javi. Nice way to start my day.

Amef

Final Flight
Thanks for the correction!

Oh and congrats to Yuzu for winning USSA Athlete of the Year! [emoji3]

Great to see Yuzu being recognized outside of Japan more and more. I wonder if his Wiki page will be updated, because last time I checked he had no affiliation with USSA in his Wiki even though he won USSA Athlete of the Month as well!

And as for the Laureus, Katarina Witt is attending this year, so hopefully Yuzu attends too! But I respect his decision if he chooses to focus only on training.

If the 18th of February is on the weekend, then maybe he could, but I agree there will be alot of preparation for the awards beforehand; tuxedo fitting, sneaker customization, rehearsals (?), press etc. So it may take up alot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.