Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 164 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

pianistliz

On the Ice
I should add one of the reasons Yuzu's Chopin ballade is one of my all-time favorites is that he doesn't just feel the music, but he truly hears every little note, even when it's part of a big sweeping scale or fast technical passage, and he seems to instinctively know how it fits in with the other notes, how much attention to draw to it, etc. I bet if he took music theory courses, he'd be at the top of his class. The way he truly hears everything and how that influences his interpretation was also very evident I thought in Heaven and Earth.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
After taking 9 months off for my health, I've started playing the piano again. For one of my upcoming projects, I've started working on Chopin's Winter Wind etude. It would probably be a really hard piece to skate to (it has a steady, driving rhythm but there are constant sweeps of fast notes in the right hand and if you make the left-hand rhythm too percussive, the artistry of the piece suffers), but I'd love to see Yuzu interpret it. So fiery! Intense! Yet deceptively beautiful and nuanced. It's quite a deep piece (when played well and not like a robot). IF any skater could skate to it, I think he'd be perfect.

That would be amazing. He is reportedly looking for a piano piece but has yet to find the one he wants...

Sanaemilia

Rinkside
Country
Poland
On March 12, a year ago, we were blessed by the message from Yuzu and his teammates from Toronto Cricket Club.
Let me tell you a STORY BEHIND this video.
🎬
🎥

Nachi

On the Ice
After taking 9 months off for my health, I've started playing the piano again. For one of my upcoming projects, I've started working on Chopin's Winter Wind etude. It would probably be a really hard piece to skate to (it has a steady, driving rhythm but there are constant sweeps of fast notes in the right hand and if you make the left-hand rhythm too percussive, the artistry of the piece suffers), but I'd love to see Yuzu interpret it. So fiery! Intense! Yet deceptively beautiful and nuanced. It's quite a deep piece (when played well and not like a robot). IF any skater could skate to it, I think he'd be perfect.

Chopin very often seems quite challenging. I'm not super young anymore but I'd say I'm still far from old and when I'm finally done with university I'd love to start learning how to play piano just because Yuzu introduced me to Chopin :). I'd like him to skate to this difficult piece as well and I wish YOU great success in mastering this piece of art ^^.

CarolPooh

Rinkside
I should add one of the reasons Yuzu's Chopin ballade is one of my all-time favorites is that he doesn't just feel the music, but he truly hears every little note, even when it's part of a big sweeping scale or fast technical passage, and he seems to instinctively know how it fits in with the other notes, how much attention to draw to it, etc. I bet if he took music theory courses, he'd be at the top of his class. The way he truly hears everything and how that influences his interpretation was also very evident I thought in Heaven and Earth.

Chopin very often seems quite challenging. I'm not super young anymore but I'd say I'm still far from old and when I'm finally done with university I'd love to start learning how to play piano just because Yuzu introduced me to Chopin :). I'd like him to skate to this difficult piece as well and I wish YOU great success in mastering this piece of art ^^.

I learnt piano when I was a kid. I didn't have much passion for it and basically never practised. Right after reaching grade 8, I quitted and seldom played piano for years.

When I watched Yuzu's Ballade, it inspired me so much that I picked up piano again just to play it. (It also helps that Chopin is my favourite piano composer.) I practised for 2 months to play the whole piece (though my playing still sxcks lol). I have never worked harder than those 2 months for piano playing in my life, despite having a full-time job now. Thank Yuzu for giving us this masterpiece.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Do we know if one of his coaches will be with him at Worlds?
We will certainly see Yuzu Washable Pooh. :wink:
And TCC coaches will have Jun Hwan Cha and Jason Brown at Worlds (Ekaterina Kurakova will come with Lorenzo Magri with whom she had a training camp lately).
What we don't know is if they will give him some on-site coaching during practice.

pianistliz

On the Ice
I was just thinking how cool it would be to see Yuzu skate to an anime theme song, something epic like Attack on Titan Season 2's opening theme. I'd give a LOT to see him do something like that in an ice show (ok, I'd give a lot just to see him stand on the ice...)