Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 143 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

yude

Record Breaker
Yuzuru's graduation is set for the 20th. Crossing fingers that it's either streamed, or someone films and puts it up for all of us to celebrate with him.

https://twitter.com/hjsxR7Dm7bxXz36/status/1300751908106244096

It seems this tweet was deleted but I read the description by the university on their web-site. They said only representative student(s) would participate in the ceremony and others would see it on the live stream in order to avoid gathering. My guess is Yuzuru will watch it peacefully at home, but I am going to celebrate his graduation on the 20th either way :)

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I think Yuzuru's decision was very mature. It sounds like it was the best thing for both his own health and for the greater skating community, it's wise to recognize what he did- that no matter what fans will travel to see him. As a side note I hope the extra time off from competition helps prevent injuries in the future.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When you look at some of the 4CC footage and the scrimmage of people, fans, officials and press, that constantly surrounded him... he and they were lucky.

pianistliz

On the Ice
I can't believe this group is quite :eek:

I know, we'd usually have filled pages and pages about new costumes, new programs, ACI in the last few weeks :( I miss it all so much. I watched Masquerade from last year's Fantasy on Ice today to cheer me up. It's not enough! This particular drought, while necessary of course, is just so hard!!

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I know, we'd usually have filled pages and pages about new costumes, new programs, ACI in the last few weeks :( I miss it all so much. I watched Masquerade from last year's Fantasy on Ice today to cheer me up. It's not enough! This particular drought, while necessary of course, is just so hard!!

I watched the Russian Test Skate and only then I realized how much I miss the sports. And now that JSF announce that Yuzuru will not be participating in any CS and GPS this season I don't know what to feel.

I even remember that after 4CC i said that hopefully this corona will end soon because if not the WC might be cancelled and some says it's ridiculous but look what happened? I didn't know that 4cc was the last competition I will be seeing Yuzu this season.

giulia95

Medalist
JSF announced Hanyu out of GP 90 days before NHK Trophy ( that is 3 months ) and before ISU decision about GP series.
Will Hanyu be the only one out if next season starts regularly?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
JSF announced Hanyu out of GP 90 days before NHK Trophy ( that is 3 months ) and before ISU decision about GP series.

Maybe, though it sounds like his fellow OGM Alina will also be missing. The thing is, our ninja disappears so thoroughly when not skating...

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight

I think they are still many skaters that are still undecided if they will skip this season. It's a sensible decision on his part because he is asthmatic and codvid 19 attacks the respiratory.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think they are still many skaters that are still undecided if they will skip this season. It's a sensible decision on his part because he is asthmatic and codvid 19 attacks the respiratory.

I agree. But oh, how we miss him - how fans everywhere miss him - is shown by the buzz every time he pops a head out of his cave,

Still, his graduation is coming! Even if it's a virtual one, surely we will get a statement from him!

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I agree. But oh, how we miss him - how fans everywhere miss him - is shown by the buzz every time he pops a head out of his cave,

Still, his graduation is coming! Even if it's a virtual one, surely we will get a statement from him!

hopefully:pray: they stream it

giulia95

Medalist
Maybe, though it sounds like his fellow OGM Alina will also be missing. The thing is, our ninja disappears so thoroughly when not skating...

What does it mean “when not skating:confused:

Alina?
Did she break the SP WR in her last 2019 competition?
Does she aim for her third Olys gold medal?
Does she aim to be the first ever to land a 4A?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What does it mean “when not skating:confused:

Alina?
Did she break the SP WR in her last 2019 competition?
Does she aim for her third Olys gold medal?
Does she aim to be the first ever to land a 4A?

I simply meant that any period Yuzuru is not directly competing, he does a disappearing act that would impress The Invisible Man (remember how long it took before people even knew what country and his White Wall were in?)

Neither of them is as I understand in the GP series, but that is as much as we know. Hopefully, we will hear from him on his graduation day.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My anger that the tabloids are stalking Yuzu - in Sendai! - is greater than my happiness to know he is on the ice and practising (third hand, because I didn't click on the tabloid link, I read it elsewhere).

But I cannot deny I am happy to know he is with his beloved ice :laugh:

CarolPooh

Rinkside
My anger that the tabloids are stalking Yuzu - in Sendai! - is greater than my happiness to know he is on the ice and practising (third hand, because I didn't click on the tabloid link, I read it elsewhere).

But I cannot deny I am happy to know he is with his beloved ice :laugh:

I feel exactly the same as you do. I also find it a bit amusing that the tabloid went through all the trouble just to take a glimpse of an athlet going to practice, when we have already known that he is in Japan.

I hope he is not too bothered by this and they can leave him alone.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel exactly the same as you do. I also find it a bit amusing that the tabloid went through all the trouble just to take a glimpse of an athlet going to practice, when we have already known that he is in Japan.

I hope he is not too bothered by this and they can leave him alone.

This is another reason why Yuzu was wise to withdraw from the GP series, I saw some pictures of the press scrimmage at 4cc and they were endangering him, themselves and everyone... just because he's The One.