Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 162 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This week is the anniversary of Yuzuru becoming the only man in skating history to achieve the Career Golden Super Slam when he won 4CC.

Are there any skaters already confirmed for Worlds? I just saw that Yuzu was right at the front page but...if it isn't even sure yet who will participate.

Yuzu's on the front page because the ISU know his drawpower, even if he's only skated once and otherwise been even sighted less than two hours in total all year :laugh: but at this stage... who knows?

yude

Record Breaker
An astronaut, Mr. Noguchi, gives a lecture on how to spin in the space. The title is "I feel like I am Hanyu-kun♪".

(short translation) "There is no gravity and I am floating, that's why I can do the spin. Also I am able to control the speed of rotations with stretching or bending my arms. Now, I'll try to do 4 rotations. One, two, three, four! I feel dizzy, I am no match to Hanyu-kun."

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A 7.3 (Richter scale) earthquake happened at 11:08 pm in Tohoku. No death reported but many places have power cuts.
Sendai rink is closed.

Oh god. Given that it's only a month till the 2011 tsunami anniversary it must have totally freaked out a lot of people, probably including Yuzuru. Here's hoping it gets opened again quickly.

Sometimes it seems he just can't catch a break...

Fourleaf Clover

Rinkside
Country
Philippines
A 7.3 (Richter scale) earthquake happened at 11:08 pm in Tohoku. No death reported but many places have power cuts.
Sendai rink is closed.
If I'm not mistaken, Yuzu trains at around midnight for privacy. Gosh, I hope he wasn't on the ice when the earthquake happened. I can only imagine the trauma of reliving the 2011 disaster once again, PTSD is no joke. From the news, around 80 people were reportedly injured.
I wish everyone from Tohoku region safety and clear state of mind amidst yet another natural calamity. Hoping and praying that there will be no strong aftershocks.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If I'm not mistaken, Yuzu trains at around midnight for privacy. Gosh, I hope he wasn't on the ice when the earthquake happened. I can only imagine the trauma of reliving the 2011 disaster once again, PTSD is no joke. From the news, around 80 people were reportedly injured.
I wish everyone from Tohoku region safety and clear state of mind amidst yet another natural calamity. Hoping and praying that there will be no strong aftershocks.
I agree, no one should have to live through that again.

yude

Record Breaker
I really hope Yuzuru was with his family at home when the earthquake occurred, not on the rink.

When I was watching YouTube on my laptop last night, suddenly the blackout came and our house started shaking (yes, blackout came first!). It was big and long, which made me recall 3.11 apparently.
Since we could not watch TV, I searched for the information on twitter and knew the epicenter was Tohoku, but it was such a great relief that there was no Tsunami alarm. I think the blackout has ended in the most of the areas now (it was fixed after three hours in our areas of Kanto), but water shortage, landslide, and house collapse are still there in Tohoku according to the reports. I was so shocked to hear that this earthquake was aftershock of 3.11.2011. I mean, what kind of message is this!? I think we really should not forget that we always have to be aware of natural disaster as long as we live in this country.

Nachi

On the Ice
It is fascinating but also shocking that the earthquake of last night was an aftershock of the big earthquake in 2011. I hope the best for everyone of you living in Japan and of course for the people in general. I can only imagine how an earthquake must feel. I lived right next to a building site and at times my house was shaking so that I felt really sick. But it was never as bad just like I saw in the videos :(.

Nachi

On the Ice
I definitely need to draw and paint again! You are very good and must have practiced a lot. I hope I can get back to how I was able to draw in a while. I should never have stopped.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I definitely need to draw and paint again! You are very good and must have practiced a lot. I hope I can get back to how I was able to draw in a while. I should never have stopped.
Oh I can't claim credit - my skill is in appreciating and sharing the pretties :)

Nachi

On the Ice
Oh I can't claim credit - my skill is in appreciating and sharing the pretties :)
Hehe ^^! Then I need to thank you for igniting this tiny fire inside of me again through sharing these beauties :). I feel kind of weird lately and maybe drawing will help me regain some of what seems lost.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzu showing 3 levels of jacket-removing style, accompanied by wild screaming :rofl::points: and 190,000 views in 3 weeks

I laughed like anything at Roman (hey, and Dimitri near the end) but also some of the comments, my favourite being
Imagine obsessing over a video of a guy taking his jacket off 🙄 I could never...

continues to watch it for the 8625377 time 😳

Fourleaf Clover

Rinkside
Country
Philippines
That "God Level" one has been getting viral around Anitwit and tiktok many times since last year (at least in my part of Asia). It spawned so many reanimations using various anime characters and I've seen people copying such move.
Yuzu showing 3 levels of jacket-removing style, accompanied by wild screaming :rofl::points: and 190,000 views in 3 weeks

I laughed like anything at Roman (hey, and Dimitri near the end) but also some of the comments, my favourite being
Imagine obsessing over a video of a guy taking his jacket off 🙄 I could never...

continues to watch it for the 8625377 time 😳