Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 163 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

yude

Record Breaker
Today we had the entry list for WC and Yuzuru's name was in it, but here is another information about special TV program on March 11 by NTV (it starts from 1:55 pm and ends at 7 pm, a long program!) It says Yuzuru will be talking about how he had faced the effected area of Tohoku for the past ten years, but I am not sure if there will be new footage or interview.

yude

Record Breaker
Thank you guys for all these updates :pray:Today, every time I open twitter, I can not help tearing up. This is like an annual post, but you can donate 10 yen only by searching for "3.11" on Yahoo Japan page.

I guess there are about 10 more days before Yuzuru leaves Japan? Honestly I have mix feeling about WC but I sincerely hope Yuzuru and other skaters will stay healthy. (what else can I say?) And I do hope WTT is going to be canceled, usually it may be fun event but please not this year. (just my opinion)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I know, twitter has been full of messages and pictures and love and admiration, from Japan and from fans everywhere. It's a reminder of what a very special person he is, as well as a great skater.

and a translation of his message

Last edited:

pianistliz

On the Ice
After taking 9 months off for my health, I've started playing the piano again. For one of my upcoming projects, I've started working on Chopin's Winter Wind etude. It would probably be a really hard piece to skate to (it has a steady, driving rhythm but there are constant sweeps of fast notes in the right hand and if you make the left-hand rhythm too percussive, the artistry of the piece suffers), but I'd love to see Yuzu interpret it. So fiery! Intense! Yet deceptively beautiful and nuanced. It's quite a deep piece (when played well and not like a robot). IF any skater could skate to it, I think he'd be perfect.