Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Lotte today did a 'thank you' campaign for Hanyu on the newspapers across 6 major regions in Japan.

Each region had a different photos for their newspaper spread with a different motivational phrase:
#1 The willingness to bear expectations takes you further #2 Nobody can ignore those who have their own voices #3 Beauty is when you see the real strength #4 To support is to chase a dream together #5 Only the courageous can fly high #6 To be loved is the most powerful

The newspapers seem to have lasted minutes and there's no reprint planned, there are some for resale for 4100¥, that's around 40$!
I must say that these photos are just... Wow...

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
That's quite expected, but still sad.
Hope he heals all his injuries till the next season and returns much stronger. I'll be waiting faithfully for him :)
He IS definitely stronger than he ever was. It's... just incredible.
Why do my two biggest favorites both have to suffer from grave right ankle injuries? 😿 Do you guys think Yuzuru wants to be back next season? I hope so...
I do believe he wants, what I hope is that he can. I have high hopes, but his ankle is so frail, that I don't allow myself to have expectations.

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Why do my two biggest favorites both have to suffer from grave right ankle injuries? 😿 Do you guys think Yuzuru wants to be back next season? I hope so...

Prior to that injury at Beijing, Yuzu was talking about men in sports at a particular age. Long story short, he doesn't buy into a short life of an athlete. And that included him. He went so far as to say that he sees men peaking at an older age and that he thought he was in the best shape of his life. Imagine thinking all that and then injuring your ankle the day before the free skate. I didn't like seeing the video of his injury taking place since it reminded me too much of his injury at Rostelecom 2018 and that knocked him out for 8 or 9 months.There are simple sprains, and then there are complex injuries involving other parts of an ankle that make it difficult to bounce back.

I'm hoping for the best and a healing of the ankle that allows him to skate at a performance level of his choosing. Until then, healing energy of a mass quantity is being invoked:

f0370f37f52cab2f80731f813fc6632ca3cfc579.jpg

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Here's an interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne, there may have been a double translation from Chinese, so translation may be inaccurate:

"光" means "light", I think?

And here's a new interview with Keiichi Yano, who arranged Heaven & Earth music for Yuzuru Hanyu:

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Viktor Ruzhkin, who did so much for Japanese figure skating, in a tribute to Tsuzuki san's dedication and hard work:

Tsuzuki san was Yuzuru Hanyu's coach from 2003 to, maybe 2006? If someone knows when he left Sendai?