Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FL3wkvKagAAj1qG

I love photography, especially when it's a unique shot.

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Tomorrow being the Great Tohoku Earthquake anniversary, Yuzuru Hanyu sent a message to a Sendai TV channel, here translated by AxelWithWings:

The broadcast where he sent this message:

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Here is the third and last part of Ghislain Briand's interview to FS Magazine.
Many don't like this magazine in line with Japanese Federation most controversial policies, but many Japanese fans bougth this issue nevertheless, for this priceless interview:

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Here's an interview to NTV on the occasion of the Great Tohoku Earthquake anniversary:

(Typo fixed 3/17.)

Last edited:

yugra

Rinkside
Country
Hungary
Tsuzuki san was Yuzuru Hanyu's coach from 2003 to, maybe 2006? If someone knows when he left Sendai?
Sendai Ice Rink was closed in December 2004. Yuzuru Hanyu has since started training at the Katsuyama Skating Club under the guidance of Tatsuyoshi Matsuda.
I guess Nanami Abe became his coach in 2006 after the All Japan Novice in Kurashiki.

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
Here are side by side his 4A, right at warm-up and left at Free Skate, we can see his rotational speed had increased :

Magill

Final Flight

Lamente Ariane

Hoping for a better tomorrow 🌈
Record Breaker
Due to the earthquake that occurred at 23:36 on March 16, 2022 Sendai Ice Rink (where Yuzuru trains) will be closed for a while.

official information in Japanese

I hope he's alright.
I hope so too. The emotional and psychological impact alone of experiencing another earthquake so close to the anniversary of 2011… I feel for everyone in the affected prefectures.

Last edited:

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Due to the earthquake that occurred at 23:36 on March 16, 2022 Sendai Ice Rink (where Yuzuru trains) will be closed for a while.

official information in Japanese

I hope he's alright.

The 2011 earthquake made such an impact on him and lasting throughout his entire skating career, even to the present day. He always gave back so much to the community. Now another one hits the same area. I can only imagine what he's thinking . . .

DizzyFrenchie

Final Flight
There doesn't seem to be a lot of damages in Sendai, and I even wonder if the rink isn't still open for rentals, but such events must resonate a lot in him. 3/11 isn't healed yet: I often wonder if one of the causes of his (likely) asthma crisis in Stockholm, is not the stress caused by the earthquake just before his departure, with all the bad memories of 3/11.