Yuzuru Hanyu announces retirement | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffloweer

Rinkside
Country
Argentina
Half the reason I got into skating is Yuzuru. This new season will feel emptier without his competitions to look forward to, but I am so thankfull I could share a part of his journey. It made my life more exciting, and way more beautifull. I'm looking forward to what comes next. Thank you Yuzu!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Twitter translation:

Yuzuru Hanyu Thank you for your hard work. A player I've been longing for since I was in a nursery school. It was a dream time when I skated in the same group with Hanyu at the All Japan Championship at the end of last year. I've been and will always be longing for it!

ETA :

Hanyu Thank you for your hard work! !! !! Thank you so much for your inspiration as a player! !! !! I've been a longing player since I was little, and I was able to skate in the same era, and when I met him, he always talked to me in a friendly manner, all of which are irreplaceable treasures for me. Please let me admire you forever

Magill

Record Breaker

For many years the top of Japan and the top of the world for many years
And has led this world of figure skating.
Yuzuru Hanyu.
From athlete to professional...
Today is a new step, a new page, a new decision to create.
For those who have been cheering and supporting Mr. Hanyu up to now, the sadness and shock may be immeasurable.
As Mr. Hanyu said...
This is a new start.
From now on, there will be more opportunities for more people to see his skating, although not in competitions.
I'm sure there will be more opportunities for more people to watch his skating.
And I wish him all the best in his decision to continue his challenge with the support of those people.
As an athlete
As a professional skater, I would like to support him and
I hope to support the Japanese skating world together with him.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Twitter translation:

Yuzuru Hanyu Thank you for your hard work. A player I've been longing for since I was in a nursery school. It was a dream time when I skated in the same group with Hanyu at the All Japan Championship at the end of last year. I've been and will always be longing for it!

ETA :

Hanyu Thank you for your hard work! !! !! Thank you so much for your inspiration as a player! !! !! I've been a longing player since I was little, and I was able to skate in the same era, and when I met him, he always talked to me in a friendly manner, all of which are irreplaceable treasures for me. Please let me admire you forever

You mixed up Sota's and Kao's comments! Also, they deserve better than Google Translate, give me a few moments so I can translate them myself. 😉

Magill

Record Breaker
You mixed up Sota's and Kao's comments! Also, they deserve better than Google Translate, give me a few moments so I can translate them myself. 😉
Please feel free to check / correct Miki Ando's post translation, too. I used a supposedly better online translator, still.... it is just a machine....

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I am surprised and gutted that Yuzuru won't be competing for another year, I really thought he would bow out at 2022 Worlds in front of his home crowd. But from reading his words, I'm glad that he still loves to skate and he seems optimistic about his future. (y) His pro career will no doubt be amazing, can't wait to see his next performances!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Kao translation:

Thank you, Yuzuru Hanyu, for your hard work in your skating life. You have been an athlete that I have admired since I was in preschool. Skating with you in the same group at last year's Japan Nationals was like a dream come true. You have been and will continue to be someone I admire!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He is such a legend and will always will be! 💪 I'm so glad he will continue to skate! I'm excited to see what new programs he puts out now that he can focus on what he wants to do and show us more of his creativity!

Fly Yuzu! 🦅

Status
Not open for further replies.