Yuzuru Hanyu press conference | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu press conference

Tahuu

On the Ice
It is also crazy how I'm hearing so much about his 2-fall FS skate getting 90.44 PCS is underscoring... when the cap that the rules actually allow is 90.50. I've read comments where some people will turn a blind eye just this once to his IN being higher than allowed - and the double standard is ridiculous. I'm alright with 4 more years of Hanyu. But I'm not cool with 4 more years of certain people.

He is welcome to stay around as long as he wants - that's his prerogative. Seimei v7.0 in 2026... let's gooooo!
He could continue to next Olympics but would likely be beaten by Yuma or Shoma. It’d be fun to see those certain people cry faults after each competition.

I see the English translation is way off in that passage, just as it was during Jackie Wong's live reporting of the conference on his Twitter feed — more than 12 hours ago. "King" was never used by Yuzu, or anyone. Jackie apologized for the translation error since he was just reporting what a translator was putting out. As someone explained to Jackie:

You use the same word for "king" and "champion" in Japanese but an interpreter should know when to use which.

This the third time that kind of English translation error happened at one of Yuzu's pressers when talking about being an olympic champion. It's also why he occasionally forces himself to speak English so he doesn't get misunderstood.

Edit: I just found out why the interpreter chose to use "king." She's British.
Thank you for the explanation. The translation, "I am the king" sounds boastful in English and out of character for Mr. Hanyu. "I am the two-time Olympic champion" -- well, that is simply a statement of the truth.