2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07 | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07

cebi26

On the Ice
Yulia was amazing :love: god how i love those spins!!
I hope she goes back to 3lz-3t later in the season

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
RUS 69,56 Julia LIPNITSKAIA
RUS 67,99 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
RUS 67,41 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
RUS 65,57 Elena RADIONOVA
RUS 65,28 Anna POGORILAYA
USA 63,86 Ashley WAGNER
RUS 62,54 Alena LEONOVA
USA 60,81 Gracie GOLD
JPN 60,44 Kanako MURAKAMI
JPN 60,22 Satoko MIYAHARA

The 60+ SPs so far after half of the GPs. The Russians have the top five, and if it were not for Ashley they would have the top six. And Adelina hasn't even skated yet. But I expect Polina to get there in her next GP.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 69.56 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
2. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 67.99 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 60.44 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
4. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 58.49 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 53.66 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 52.00 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
7. Polina EDMUNDS (USA) - 50.32 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
8. Christina GAO (USA) - 47.15 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 44.72 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
10. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 41.93 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
11. Ashley CAIN (USA) - 39.80 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
RUS 69,56 Julia LIPNITSKAIA
RUS 67,99 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
RUS 67,41 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
RUS 65,57 Elena RADIONOVA
RUS 65,28 Anna POGORILAYA
USA 63,86 Ashley WAGNER
RUS 62,54 Alena LEONOVA
USA 60,81 Gracie GOLD
JPN 60,44 Kanako MURAKAMI
JPN 60,22 Satoko MIYAHARA

The 60+ SPs so far after half of the GPs. The Russians have the top five, and if it were not for Ashley they would have the top six. And Adelina hasn't even skated yet. But I expect Polina to get there in her next GP.

Liza:clap: So consistent.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
My favourite was Kanako. I'm so glad that she is back on track and I hope she'll have an amazing LP. Hated that step out but what can you do? While I think the order is okay I think 69,56 is too generous a score for what Julia did here. That said I liked her program and I felt that she connected to the music much more than in her SP last year.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow wow wow! Was I really that blind or one judge gave Julia 0.25 for IN??? :confused: :laugh:

Must be the same judge that gave her a -3 for her layback in Sochi when every other judge gave her +3. :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
In their dreams. Bit disappointed she didn't go for the 3lz3t, but 69 for that, she doesn't need it.

Is this a sign Lip is in trouble and not doing triple lutz triple toe - is she having problems with growth or boots?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Is Polina going through a growth spurt now? She's already 164cm before growth spurt and she'll probably end up being as tall as Carolina.
Except for the last 3 skates, The ladies's SP looks like a skating show at a local mall in Madagascar. I'm really sold on Yulia now. Purposeful choreographic sequence, out-of-the-world spins and overall clean landings. There's really no hope of stopping the Russian skaters at the moment. Btw, the filming doesn't seem to do most skaters justic.

Well the Russian ladies can be stopped - they are not doing the triple lutz triple toe in the short (a lot of them) so they are vulnerable with the americans and all.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is this a sign Lip is in trouble and not doing triple lutz triple toe - is she having problems with growth or boots?

I don't think so? Her lutz was fine in the test skates. It's her first competition. Polina,Jason, Liza and many more slowly added content as they became more comfortable. I think they were smart to just put her out there and establish herself...YMMV.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Wow wow wow! Was I really that blind or one judge gave Julia 0.25 for IN??? :confused: :laugh:

Oh my goodness, I didn't even notice that! Must be a typo or an honest mistake, their other 4 marks are on par with the averaged totals :laugh:

treeloving

Medalist
Julia has a good package, she is improving. May be she doesn't do 3z-3t because she want to do 4t-3t :biggrin:.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Re: Alba on the Men's SP thread.

I mentioned in a reply to another poster that the score for Julia and liza for putting out 3t/3t is MUCH too high, and shouldn't be over 65 consider the quality and presentation of the program content . It is hardly a bash but a warning over unfair overmarking relative to the field. Take a look at Kostner's SP mark in 2011-12 season for her Shostakovich program that was probably the BEST SP of her career (and vastly superior program to them both here), and she barely hit 60-65 on average with 3t/3t. This is only the beginning season for Julia too and mid season for Liza, it can only rise higher, so high it completely lopsided the competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Kostner

I don't know why the judges are doing this, other than to make the whole over marking at Sochi for the Russians look less ridiculous. You disagree, then please come up with a reason of your own.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Julia has a good package, she is improving. May be she doesn't do 3z-3t because she want to do 4t-3t :biggrin:.

:laugh: One hopes! It was a very strong 3T-3T. Her flip was also strong (the 2A not so much, even considering how well her double axels go).

Very smart of her to avoid the lutz. She honestly doesn't need it. There's no skater with a consistent enough 3Z-3T or a 3F-3T who can also score enough PCS to surpass Julia, even with only a 3T-3T. The edge call on the lutz is not worth the risk.

Expecting only one lutz in her FS and two flips (one in combination with a 2T). I'm guessing her layout will be: 2A-3T-2T, 2A-3T, 3Z(! or e), 3F-2T, 3F, 3L, 3S.

Doing a 3T in combination with her lutz only risks -GOE on the 3T since GOE will be applied to the whole combo, even though the flutz is the error.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
There's no skater with a consistent enough 3Z-3T or a 3F-3T who can also score enough PCS to surpass Julia, even with only a 3T-3T. The edge call on the lutz is not worth the risk.

If Liza continues to build on her strong performances thus far this season, she could well be that threat ;). Her 3z is a thing of a beauty. That said, both Russian girls really brought it today! (Even if I personally would have had Liza in first, or at least closer to Yulia marks-wise).

Alba

Record Breaker
You disagree, then please come up with a reason of your own.

I've stop coming up with reasons when the discussions is based on biased, or personal taste/feeling/perception.
No reason in the world can change that, and to be completely honest with you, I really do not care that much about the scores. I care more about the placing, and even that up to a certain point.

I told you to discuss, or bash, the ladies in their own topic, and not in men's SP topic, because people would like to go on with that competition.
I think that was a reasonable request. No offense intended towards you and if it felt like that, I do apologise.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Re: Alba on the Men's SP thread.

I mentioned in a reply to another poster that the score for Julia and liza for putting out 3t/3t is MUCH too high, and shouldn't be over 65 consider the quality and presentation of the program content . It is hardly a bash but a warning over unfair overmarking relative to the field. Take a look at Kostner's SP mark in 2011-12 season for her Shostakovich program that was probably the BEST SP of her career (and vastly superior program to them both here), and she barely hit 60-65 on average with 3t/3t. This is only the beginning season for Julia too and mid season for Liza, it can only rise higher, so high it completely lopsided the competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Kostner

I don't know why the judges are doing this, other than to make the whole over marking at Sochi for the Russians look less ridiculous. You disagree, then please come up with a reason of your own.

I'm not sure if it's a perfect comparison since they didn't have the 1.1x multiplier for jumps in the second half then. Plus she only did a 3loop, while Liza and Yulia did lutz and flip, respectively.

But PCS seems high in general. Not just for Russian skaters.

Kittosuni

Medalist
i think Liza could barrow that flowy top of Yuzuru and will look good on it. I mean kinda tiring to see her on black costume all the time. i have to agree she is really skating so well at the moment. Hope she can keep this until worlds. Third spot will be a dog fight between pogo, radio and adelina

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I've stop coming up with reasons when the discussions is based on biased, or personal taste/feeling/perception.
No reason in the world can change that, and to be completely honest with you, I really do not care that much about the scores. I care more about the placing, and even that up to a certain point.

I told you to discuss, or bash, the ladies in their own topic, and not in men's SP topic, because people would like to go on with that competition.
I think that was a reasonable request. No offense intended towards you and if it felt like that, I do apologise.

Okay but if it is based on actual history, then how is it biased? Isn't it sad for the sport when a knowledgeable fan such as yourself can give up on reasoning on why the score are the way they are? To the point of suppressing a reasonable discussions on scoring discrepancies?

In any case I only brought up the topic in reply to another poster, if you don't like it, I respect it, so I discuss them here.