The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mae is indeed strong enough to lift a man. I love her athletic style. I don't think Misha was insulting her in that tweet.

TMC

Record Breaker
I think the first tweet was just joking about how funny it was that they both happened to have the same music.

The second - well I actually do find it rather offensive, although at the same time I can imagine that he didn't mean for it to be. Still it is pretty tactless.

ETA I love both Misha and Jason!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
:rofl:

The fit is improving. But it just is missing something. Like Scovies said, I love the idea, but it just still feels like it needs tweaking. I think I liked the green sash better without the sequins. But it does look like it has also been taken in a bit.

Who knows, it may still evolve. The boots just somehow still look bulky. I do like the hair though. I think I am going to steal that style the next excuse I have.

As for Juke. I was fine with it before the attack of the bedazzler. If he wants to be sparkly fine, but I think black sequins on the suspenders and a less prismatic/rainbow colored jewel on the shirt would be better.

So I think Misha has won the costume contest so far this season.

I know I'm in the minority but I actually like the T&I costume now that it's been altered - at first it seemed to obscure his line, like the Prince costume in year one. Now it's more like a dancer's costume. It's quite theatrical, but having spent a fair amount of time in and around theatrical costumes myself, that doesn't bother me. I actually like the colors scheme they chose - it's very different than what he usually wears and seems to look good on him even though he's not a red head. That may be Rohene's influence - he was running around at Skate America in a mustard colored down parka with fur trim - pretty snazzy!

The short program costume took a bit of getting used to but doesn't bother me now. It borders on James Brownish glitz, but it's not the worst thing I've seen, and I like the color. All I really care about with the SP is that he gets comfortable enough with the choreography & concept that he can sell it.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I know I'm in the minority but I actually like the T&I costume now that it's been altered - at first it seemed to obscure his line, like the Prince costume in year one. Now it's more like a dancer's costume. It's quite theatrical, but having spent a fair amount of time in and around theatrical costumes myself, that doesn't bother me. I actually like the colors scheme they chose - it's very different than what he usually wears and seems to look good on him even though he's not a red head. That may be Rohene's influence - he was running around at Skate America in a mustard colored down parka with fur trim - pretty snazzy!

The short program costume took a bit of getting used to but doesn't bother me now. It borders on James Brownish glitz, but it's not the worst thing I've seen, and I like the color. All I really care about with the SP is that he gets comfortable enough with the choreography & concept that he can sell it.
True: it isn't the usual skater costume, but a theater or film costume (European). Most beautiful and cultured. Jason is so slender and willowy but athletic, he can wear loose costumes. The colors are authentic natural medieval colors. The most beautiful and unique part of "costume" is the hair of Jason: inimitable.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Is it not? Is it not offensive that he was implying that Jason was weak (because he was skinny? Because of the ponytail?)? Or that Mae-Berenice was too heavy? Or that she wasn't "feminine" enough to be lifted? I thought it was quite offensive.

I took it as Mae was strong enough she likely could lift Jason. I took it as both could lift eachother. All in how you take it I guess.

And Jason did send out footage of I think it was Simon Shnapir putting him (Jason) in a throw triple salchow, so I don't think Jason is so fixated by gender rolls he would be bothered by being lifted by a female. I think if a female skaters wanted to lift Jason, he would jump on the opportunity and make jokes about feeling like he is flying.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think the first tweet was just joking about how funny it was that they both happened to have the same music.

The second - well I actually do find it rather offensive, although at the same time I can imagine that he didn't mean for it to be. Still it is pretty tactless.

ETA I love both Misha and Jason!

I think most young skaters have said something tactless or not-well-thought-out on social media - I can probably think of a dozen right off the top of my head. Are we to hold it against them forever or make character judgments based on one stupid tweet? I guess some people do. :slink:

TMC

Record Breaker
I think most young skaters have said something tactless or not-well-thought-out on social media - I can probably think of a dozen right off the top of my head. Are we to hold it against them forever or make character judgments based on one stupid tweet? I guess some people do. :slink:

I'm not holding it against him - I just said that I don't think he meant to be mean, ie. it was a silly thing to write but it was not malicious. A mistake, but nothing huge by any means.

I like to think that it's okay to say when you don't approve of something somebody does, without it meaning that you're questioning their entire character. It's not so black and white as that.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
True: it isn't the usual skater costume, but a theater or film costume (European). Most beautiful and cultured. Jason is so slender and willowy but athletic, he can wear loose costumes. The colors are authentic natural medieval colors. The most beautiful and unique part of "costume" is the hair of Jason: inimitable.

OT, but just wanted to say your English vocabulary is excellent! I would have absolutely no idea how to say "willowy" in Italian, French, or Spanish. :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm not holding it against him - I just said that I don't think he meant to be mean, ie. it was a silly thing to write but it was not malicious. A mistake, but nothing huge by any means.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, TMC! Just the phenomenon of people bringing up old tweets or comments to bash a skater (not that it's limited to skaters...athletes, celebrities, etc.) Everyone can make mistakes (especially young people!) and once it's put out there online, we can't take it back. I don't believe one tweet makes someone a terrible person...a pattern of bad behavior is another story. Yet some rush for the pitchforks as soon as someone shows themselves to be anything but perfect.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

balletanddancefan, have you seen the close up photo of Jason's Tristan & Iseult hair that was posted on twitter a few days ago?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2hH7PbCIAACwme.jpg:large

I took it as Mae was strong enough she likely could lift Jason. I took it as both could lift eachother.

If Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat can do it, why not Jason and Mae? :biggrin:

emma

Record Breaker
Playing a little catch up and just wanted to say thanks for the links to articles where the jason and misha talk about their favs and skating with them or watching them. Always cool to hear what skaters feel and think about other skaters in this way (admiration, respect, learning from them etc).

TMC

Record Breaker
Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, TMC! Just the phenomenon of people bringing up old tweets or comments to bash a skater (not that it's limited to skaters...athletes, celebrities, etc.) Everyone can make mistakes (especially young people!) and once it's put out there online, we can't take it back. I don't believe one tweet makes someone a terrible person...a pattern of bad behavior is another story. Yet some rush for the pitchforks as soon as someone shows themselves to be anything but perfect.

It's okay, I thought you were since you quoted me :)

There are always people who are quick to judge. I try to let it go in one ear and out the other. At least people on this forum are usually a million times nicer than some other forums I can think of...

TMC

Record Breaker
OT, but just wanted to say your English vocabulary is excellent! I would have absolutely no idea how to say "willowy" in Italian, French, or Spanish. :)

I was just thinking the same! :laugh:

Your English is great balletanddancefan :clap:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
balletanddancefan, have you seen the close up photo of Jason's Tristan & Iseult hair that was posted on twitter a few days ago?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2hH7PbCIAACwme.jpg:large

If Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat can do it, why not Jason and Mae? :biggrin:

Love the hair close up. Still think it might look nicer merged into one braid, but I liked it at COR (can we just start calling them all cups, I have problem with Cup of USA or Cup of Canada - though that sounds kinda tasty) I want to see it both ways. Totally going to use that style if i get roped into doing any holiday crap this year.

Didn't Torvill and Dean also have examples of her lifting him as well? Im sure Mae could lift Jason. Heck I suspect many of the female skaters could lift the guys, just some more easily than others.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I took it as Mae was strong enough she likely could lift Jason. I took it as both could lift eachother. All in how you take it I guess.

And Jason did send out footage of I think it was Simon Shnapir putting him (Jason) in a throw triple salchow, so I don't think Jason is so fixated by gender rolls he would be bothered by being lifted by a female. I think if a female skaters wanted to lift Jason, he would jump on the opportunity and make jokes about feeling like he is flying.

Jason asked Shnapir for 3Salchow because Shnapir is much larger and heavier than him, ergo Shnapir is able to lift him without damage own health. J. could not ask Kori, Jordan Moeller, Mariah Bell or Rohene. I think J. wanted to exercise the big jumps and try what happens if he have a boost in the air. I don't think this was a gender roll test.
But Micha's tweet can be a little bit offensive to Mae. She is muscular but that does not mean she is weightlifter!

TMC

Record Breaker
That video of Simon & Jason doing throw salchows was the best

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I was just thinking the same! :laugh:

Your English is great balletanddancefan :clap:
Thousand thanx, dear Papagena and TMC but my English is terrible. :cry: But I hope to improve it.:) And sometimes I find interesting words in the vocabulary, type "willowy":sarcasm: