2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21 | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Agreed that Ashley deserved the highest PCS (I mean, she had URs, but no fall). She is clearly more finessed and sophisticated than Rad/Lip... although I do agree that the PCS did hold her up a bit in wake of her URs.

Ashley went for 3F+3T btw.... anyone else notice that she had a different entry into her 3F with a 3-turn instead of her usual diagonal mohawk entry? I thought she was much closer to landing the 3T fully rotated than at SC.

Oops thanks for correction. Good for her, even UR, I am glad she went for it! I still think the Russia girls are over marked by 3-5 points, but after Sochi, everything changed.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
How did Wagner get the best PCS? PCS doesn't equal to maturity. She is slow, with almost no transition, and the choreography basically has her showing off her plump body against the huge music. Both Radio and Lip should be 2 points ahead of her.

plump body? that's a low blow. Thought we weren't supposed to comment on body types around here.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How did Wagner get the best PCS? PCS doesn't equal to maturity. She is slow, with almost no transition, and the choreography basically has her showing off her plump body against the huge music. Both Radio and Lip should be 2 points ahead of her.

Ugh--but some people do prefer little girls, obviously. Ashley sold her program. She performed to the audience instead of just flailing her arms around. Lip was over-scored at nearly 8 on average. Radio was better. I think Ashley deserved an average 8 (which she got), Radio an average 7.5 (which she got) and Lip an average 7.25 at most (total score 29).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia's PCS dropped from 32.15 to 31.15, while Elena rose by 1+ point. (I wonder if Julia didn't attend last medal ceremony may harmed her reputation with the judges.)

Elena PCS is only 0.31 higher than what she got at SA. Where are you getting your numbers from? It's her TES that's almost 2 points higher.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ugh--but some people do prefer little girls, obviously. Ashley sold her program. She performed to the audience instead of just flailing her arms around. Lip was over-scored at nearly 8 on average. Radio was better. I think Ashley deserved an average 8 (which she got), Radio an average 7.5 (which she got) and Lip an average 7.25 at most (total score 29).

But Ashley's TR should be relatively low compare to the rest of them, no?
I would give her highest IN and PE. Meh about the CH, but wasn't terrible. SS needs a lot of work, but compare to the rest of the field, it was adequate. I think 30 is generous. The Russians should be in the 27 range.

Remember Yuna and Mao asada at that age, they were getting 28 and 29. And they were exceptional!!!!!

andyjo24

Medalist
I would give her highest IN and PE. Meh about the CH, but wasn't terrible. SS needs a lot of work, but compare to the rest of the field, it was adequate. I think 30 is generous. The Russians should be in the 27 range.

Remember Yuna and Mao asada at that age, they were getting 28 and 29. And they were exceptional!!!!!

Just goes to show how much inflation there has been over the years.

Ahh. I miss Yuna and Mao! :cry:

khlaw

Rinkside
Actually I enjoy her new SP more than her last season's SP.

Oh wow now I'm relaxed - at least I'm not the only one who enjoys her new SP more than the last season's:dance:
IMHO I think it's better than what she gave in CoC.
But that costume, those stripes... It was just PAINFUL to watch especially when she does spins... :scowl:I mean, I like it when she dresses it AND when she's still... Not when she spins...

Elena is awesome as expected, though I'm not a big fan of her SP music cut this time. Haruka is a surprise, even with a weird fall - thought she may get into top 5 but... score was lower than I expected.

It's from the video game Plants vs Zombies, and I was pretty happy to see it myself.

And it is surprisingly not overpriced!

A little off topic here, but just wanted to add this clip to the Plants vs Zombies collection:p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEJdBCuMYZA

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yulia needs to have a perfect LP, i don't want her scores getting any lower :slink:

I don't understand why can't Julia go back to Shindler's List? Maybe she would be more comfortable with it especially with confidence, boot and consistency issues?

inskate

On the Ice
Weird, Yulia got -GOE for her flip, not the 2A??.

Lack of clear preceding steps, I'd guess? There was a bracket, choctaw and mohawk in there somewhere, but they were lost between a couple of crossovers, which do not count as preceding steps. It was also a bit pre & underrotated (although not enough for a carrot).

Yeah! You know what proves TRUE maturity? Making fun of the skaters' body types! It's not like some skaters were close to death because they were driven to anorexia, amirite?! :party2:

:disapp:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

She got a 7.64 in TR but it was offset by higher scores on the other elements. There is score inflation to be sure. Look at Yuna's GOEs before 2009/2010--they used to be 1's and suddenly jumped to 3's.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is interesting because Liza scored 67.99 with a 3T3T program at Cup of China along with Yulia's 69.56 with 3T3T, so she should be getting around 64, 65 here.

There were no 3lz3T there at CoC, only Zijun with 3F3T, and Kanako also did 3T3T. But here Elena has real 3lz3T, and Ashely brought her 3F3T (Well done! Edited) as well. So some re prioritising is expected.

The judges are sending the right message to Julia. Bring your 3lz3T / 3F3T or else! Ashley deserve the highest PCS, there's no contest really.

Well Ashley cetainly has more maturity than the Russian ladies/girls. THough her choice of dress is not the most flattering or perhaps most complementary for the music. I agree Julia needs to work on the bigger tricks but I do think she needs to look after herself emotionally and physically. Another y ear of Schindler's List wouldn't be so bad - she also seems to be struggling with confidence so she might feel more comfortable with a familiar program.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) - 67.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 66.79 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 61.35 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Maria ARTEMIEVA (RUS) - 58.38 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 57.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 55.70 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 55.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
8. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 54.72 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Anna OVCHAROVA (SUI) - 50.15 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE) - 48.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy
11. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 45.07 Short Program, 2nd Copy
12. Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA) - 44.03 Short Program, 2nd Copy

zytolda

On the Ice
I agree with you - Ashley got to much in TR i CH

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
:thumbsup: