2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21

iceberg

On the Ice
Elena went clean but Julia's artistry is quite more impressive to me. Although I know the 2 skaters have not really much more difference over-all. Still feels weird for the caliber of Julia to watch her like this. It's like she stepped back from her peak.

elee63

Final Flight
Elena went clean but Julia's artistry is quite more impressive to me. Although I know the 2 skaters have not really much more difference over-all. Still feels weird for the caliber of Julia to watch her like this. It's like she stepped back from her peak.

just going through puberty. All good skaters went through it too, unless you were Lipinski and left before it had a chance to set in.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
I was pleasantly surprised by Ashley's program. I'm assuming she dyed her hair to be a Hitchcock blond as the music sounded like a Hitchcock movie theme.

andyjo24

Medalist

Personally, I don't think Julia has much artistry. She just seems to be flapping her arms, pulling up her leg once in a while to show her flexibility, and doing the elements. When she skates, she reminds me of a person acing a test after reciting something many times. Like someone mentioned before, her program is a gymnastics exercise. I agree.....

But her spins are pretty impressive and always :) me when I see them.

elee63

Final Flight
Actually I enjoy her new SP more than her last season's SP.

it's all about the right music choice for her. All I remember was that the choreo for last year's short was VERY similar to the Schincdler's list long..

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
it's all about the right music choice for her. All I remember was that the choreo was VERY similar to the Schincdler's list long..

A lot of posts have similar choreography to them:p

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is interesting because Liza scored 67.99 with a 3T3T program at Cup of China along with Yulia's 69.56 with 3T3T, so she should be getting around 64, 65 here.

There were no 3lz3T there at CoC, only Zijun with 3F3T, and Kanako also did 3T3T. But here Elena has real 3lz3T, and Ashely brought her 3F3T (Well done! Edited) as well. So some re prioritising is expected.

The judges are sending the right message to Julia. Bring your 3lz3T / 3F3T or else! Ashley deserve the highest PCS, there's no contest really.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her coaching team found the perfect program for her last season with Shindlers list which didn't really ask Julia to stretch herself with her emotions since the music is a somber piece and Julia always looks sad anyways so there wasn't much acting needed. People just fell for her forlorn sad little face when she skated to it. Her coaches did what they are supposed to do and that is not only highlight her strengths but hide her weaknesses as well.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Julia's preceding steps before the flip might have been insufficient under the eyes of some judges IMO. I myself thought she could've had more steps preceding her flip.

That's actually exactly what I thought going into the flip. It was also not the strongest flip edge or had a ton of height and no transition on the exit from what I recall, but the flow on the exit was good (at least for Julia). Count me surprised though if the judges actually acknowledge preceding steps.

noidont

Final Flight
How did Wagner get the best PCS? PCS doesn't equal to maturity. She is slow, with almost no transition, and the choreography basically has her showing off her plump body against the huge music. Both Radio and Lip should be 2 points ahead of her.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
There were no 3lz3T there at CoC, only Zijun with 3F3T, and Kanako also did 3T3T. But here Elena has real 3lz3T, and Ashely brought her 3T3T as well. So some re prioritising is expected.

The judges are sending the right message to Julia. Bring your 3lz3T / 3F3T or else! Ashley deserve the highest PCS, there's no contest really.

Agreed that Ashley deserved the highest PCS (I mean, she had URs, but no fall). She is clearly more finessed and sophisticated than Rad/Lip... although I do agree that the PCS did hold her up a bit in wake of her URs.

Ashley went for 3F+3T btw.... anyone else notice that she had a different entry into her 3F with a 3-turn instead of her usual diagonal mohawk entry? I thought she was much closer to landing the 3T fully rotated than at SC.