2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Waking up & checking the result :shocked:
Nugumanova is 4th??? I thought she would be at least 2nd.

Then I watched the video,,,, oh well, they were clear URs....
But still she is the most charming, elegant, sophisticated & expressive one to me.
And her attitude after the rather disappointing performance was still very positive and cheerful,
which is so nice to see.
Wish the best for her FS:hap10:

This is the best comment I have read so far! :laugh: Just go for it, Liza! We are with you! :clapper:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a mime college that Eteri's students have been attending lately? Polina actually has a nice program here but I just can't enjoy those stand still dramatics. Seriously y'all....

Judge number 3 went all out today :laugh:

kalee

On the Ice
Stasya is already going to Germany with Gubanova if she gets to keep her 2nd assignment. Looking forward to that!

I also feel that Sofia deserves the Slovenia spot more than Lozko, but the current arrangement does maximize the chance for Marin Honda + Rika Kihira to podium, which is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Probably then since this season or smth. Because in Russian skater's database Tatiana Mishina is listed as a coach
It's not updated. The ISU profile is the most updated and accurate. Mishin is now officially Nugumanova's main and only coach. He started coaching her on a regular basis last year.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Mishina = Mishin

usually Mrs. Mishina takes and supervises the junior skaters then once they are ready for seniors they go to Mr. Mishin
just look at Alexander Petrov...
FYI Sasha is still officially coached by Tatiana Mishina. Whether that will change in his ISU profile update (which will come later), we shall see.

Edit:
And no, not every student of Tatiana Mishina's ends up being coached by Mishin. The majority do not.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is there a mime college that Eteri's students have been attending lately? Polina actually has a nice program here but I just can't enjoy those stand still dramatics. Seriously y'all....

When a French skater does pantomime, everyone oohs and ahs about how original they are. It's always been around...Alena, Javier...Kristoffer Berntsson used pantomime a lot in his programs. Astakhova/Rogonov anyone? I don't really mind it - there are so many boring and unmemorable programs that I find more offensive...

bosskil

Match Penalty
Go Stasya , go Stasya, go Stasya...:dance3:
My baby late bloomer wuz hungryyyyyy! Bravo!!! :yahoo:

Congratulations Polya, I didn't expect she will be THAT prepared. I think she is more elegant and aware of her body than last year. The program is indeed a bit generic, but so are most of them - it may sound blasphemous, but for me Eteri's skater with most exquisite style and programs this season is the youngest Anyutka Shcherbakova. :)

NuGuba Throwback Friday:
2014 - me: Gub>Nug, others: Nug has great potential, wait until she fixes her URs and then...!
2015 - me: Gub>Nug, others: Nug has great potential, wait until she fixes her URs and then...!
2016 - me: Gub>Nug, others: Nug has great potential, wait until she fixes her URs and then...!
I guess, I can wait that one more day for FS... ;)

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When a French skater does pantomime, everyone oohs and ahs about how original they are. It's always been around...Alena, Javier...Kristoffer Berntsson used pantomime a lot in his programs. Astakhova/Rogonov anyone? I don't really mind it - there are so many boring and unmemorable programs that I find more offensive...

As a rule I've pretty much always just said no to miming.

Lipea

Final Flight
Her jumps are stunning but choreo is horrible, copy paste Zhenia's style....that useless pantomime, someone take away this girl from Eteri.

I am laughing on how many people don't want to acknowledge the accomplishments of one of the best skating coach/team in the world at the moment.:laugh:
Well, the results speak for themselves; everyone in Eteri's group has incredible consistency and she/her team makes every of her skaters shine with individuality, while her programs are definitely more effective than most of the programs of other coaches, and distinguishing her style, whether you like it or not.
Mimiking and storyline, why not - this is something that keeps even very young and unexperienced-in-life skaters expressive in the movements and understanding what they do.
And Polina was absolutely gorgeous today; I'd say that there is no lady currently in the world who realistically can give better performance in terms of technique and fineness. With the exception of Mao on her best.
Her SP program is beautiful, mimiking was just enough, and she looked gorgeous.:clap: I hope that tomorrow she will be as fantastic as today. :love:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Tbh at first I was not a fan of Polina's "Game of Thrones x dramatic artist" program, it sounded too much to me. But the final product is not bad at all, I actually like it. Her jumps are more polished imo (probably because of the costume though, which btw is gorgeous), the presentation is clear and natural. It does not look forced or scripted, the gestures and the choreography are natural and easy to watch. I am very impressed by her improvement.

And thank you Yuna for an "I got Rhythm" without an orange costume.

Lipea

Final Flight
Yes, she is. Born 11 July 2001.
And we see both Eteri and Dudakov with Tsurskaya, while (even at competitions in Moscow) other girls are only with Gleigengaus.
Probably demonstration of status of Polina in Eteri's group (extremely high status, same as Medvedeva), for qualification to Olympics next season.

I don't think so. It is probably simply because the competition is in Russia, and they don't need to travel far/make visas/leave their students for long time.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Her jumps are stunning but choreo is horrible, copy paste Zhenia's style....that useless pantomime, someone take away this girl from Eteri.

Though I wasn't a very big fan of the pantomime program, I must say this program is miles better than Evgenia's. Better music, better choreo, better presentation.

Lipea

Final Flight
Just watched YunaS I got rhythm SP, it is good but I can't help but thinking about Elizabet's I got rhythm from last season. that piece is a jewel.

I almost wish Elizabet stays with her old SP for this season. This was such a jewel indeed!

Biellmann

Match Penalty
I am laughing on how many people don't want to acknowledge the accomplishments of one of the best skating coach/team in the world at the moment.:laugh:
Well, the results speak for themselves; everyone in Eteri's group has incredible consistency and she/her team makes every of her skaters shine with individuality, while her programs are definitely more effective than most of the programs of other coaches, and distinguishing her style, whether you like it or not.
Mimiking and storyline, why not - this is something that keeps even very young and unexperienced-in-life skaters expressive in the movements and understanding what they do.
And Polina was absolutely gorgeous today; I'd say that there is no lady currently in the world who realistically can give better performance in terms of technique and fineness. With the exception of Mao on her best.
Her SP program is beautiful, mimiking was just enough, and she looked gorgeous.:clap: I hope that tomorrow she will be as fantastic as today. :love:

I think it's hard to "acknowledge the accomplishments " of a coach/team, when its athletes doesn't have a long career......:no:

Lipea

Final Flight
to remind current Eteri girls team:
Med, Polina, Zagitova
Panenkova, Mitrofanova, Shcherbakova
not bad at all, I think
Med - dominates seniors
Polina - dominated juniors last year, and junior world-record holder.
Alina - made an impressive world-record-score JGP debut.
Panenkova - all jumps in the second half in both programs; improved TONS during last year. Moscow champion.
Sherbakova - was second after Panenkova, by a tiny margin; also gave two amazing clean performances.
Trusova - another star, was respectedly third at the same Moscow cup.
Mitrofanova - a new student of Eteri I bet we will see this girl succeeding soon.
Skirda - silver on his JGP debut.
Erohov - bronze on his JGP debut.

Plus, the best seasons of Lipnitskaya, Shelepen, Sakhanovich, Voronov, Pitkeev.

Imagine, there would be no Eteri's group. Then the Russian figure skating would not be nearly as impressive.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's hard to "acknowledge the accomplishments " of a coach/team, when its athletes doesn't have a long career......:no:
Should Eteri start whacking the knees of the other Russian ladies to ensure a longer career :laugh: I mean....top ten at Russian Nationals isn't so easy to attain these days.

zytolda

On the Ice
yee; i've noticed that too. i hope she will be alright

I also hope Tsurskaya finds her own unique style. She is technically far more capable than Medvedeva.

I must say though that it seems like she has lost a bit of muscle since last year? She had such an athletic physique and now seems quite thin. Am I crazy?

Lipea

Final Flight

If you make statements like that, then please, give the examples.

Shelepen was good WHILE with Eteri. She left and then failed to get back.
Yulia had problems with relationships with Eteri, and once she stopped listening to her, her performance quality decreased. And still not back, despite a new coach.
Adian struggled with back injury, which is a frequent thing among men; but we don't know for sure why he left.

And it is normal that skaters who spend many years with one coach eventually want to change.
Eteri has not been coaching for long enough yet to be accused that her students don't have long career.

The point is that every skater shows his/her best WHILE trains under her guidance.
Although it is not just Eteri, I am sure Dudakov does significant work there too.