2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP

Lipea

Final Flight
Is there a mime college that Eteri's students have been attending lately? Polina actually has a nice program here but I just can't enjoy those stand still dramatics. Seriously y'all....

Judge number 3 went all out today :laugh:

Uzbekistan and surprisingly Japanese judges were the most generous to Polina's scores. (which she deserved!)
Also, good judging so far.

estla

Rinkside
Just watched ladies sp. wow, how come Polina can be with such talent and beauty at the same time? She's out of this world! Love her dress, her hair (shoud've wore a crown IMO), her makeup tonight and of course her jumps!

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I think it's hard to "acknowledge the accomplishments " of a coach/team, when its athletes doesn't have a long career......:no:

Because it's still a young team but the amount of medals they won in just 2-3 years is unbelievable and people has to acknowledge their success.

Plus i'm starting to like Eteri as a choreographer more than Averbukh, Polina's SP is a joy to watch.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not an ardent fan of Tutberidze but you gotta give her props on getting the girls ready for battle.

With that said for having such great skaters, I can't get why she can't send them to other choreographers to learn and branch out. 😕 I'm pretty sure she can even connect with other dance choreographers in Russia to make the programs now that she's getting a bigger clout.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Not an ardent fan of Tutberidze but you gotta give her props on getting the girls ready for battle.

With that said for having such great skaters, I can't get why she can't send them to other choreographers to learn and branch out. 😕 I'm pretty sure she can even connect with other dance choreographers in Russia to make the programs now that she's getting a bigger clout.

maybe she just wants to monopolize her skaters, also Eteri is also a choreographer...

MIM

Medalist
Tbh at first I was not a fan of Polina's "Game of Thrones x dramatic artist" program, it sounded too much to me. But the final product is not bad at all, I actually like it. Her jumps are more polished imo (probably because of the costume though, which btw is gorgeous), the presentation is clear and natural. It does not look forced or scripted, the gestures and the choreography are natural and easy to watch. I am very impressed by her improvement.

And thank you Yuna for an "I got Rhythm" without an orange costume.

Though I wasn't a very big fan of the pantomime program, I must say this program is miles better than Evgenia's. Better music, better choreo, better presentation.

I agree with this. I am impressed with her steps! her elongated lines with clear intents/attention is gorgeous to watch!
Polina is like a chameleon. She is not super experienced yet, but she can be in any(one's) styles and be comfortable/natural. The style she is skating in is clearly Evgenia's, which is Team Eteri's proven to be the best formula. I think it is a short-sighted decision for Polina made by the coach's side. However, Polina still can make the best out of it. She worked this out and made her own. So thrilled for her. Her LP could be different and amazing!

Stanislava reminds me of Adelina. So much power and energy! Hyper stretched positions! Good job!

Yuna is my favorite Japanese junior. She has this collectiveness and calmness. I see the SP is challenging for her at this point. Jeff B's choreo is very popular even among Japanese juniors, but is too sophisticated for her age (I liked Kira's SP though). I believe Yuna will grow and fill any gaps in presentation and what not by the end of the season. That is how junior girls learn and develop, isn;t it?

Nugumanova is full of joy to watch. Mishin's camp doesn't seem to have a specific choreographic style. That probably lets the skaters in that nest find their own style to grow into? It is not the most effective way of doing, but once it is done right, I cannot take my eyes off of it. (i.e. Liza in 2014-2015) Less polished though, but so spontaneous, cheerful, and strong! And she skates FAST!

Hanul is so cute! She is trying to be herself on the ice and her skating glows with her smile. I want the best luck to the budding Korean skaters!

mcq

Record Breaker
I actually like Polina better than Medvedeva. Huge jumps (so she doesn't need excessive tano to get that +GOE), clearly better jumps than Medvedeva, and she seems to improve her artistic style and maturity this season, from what I see.

I agree with the miming though, I personally really dislike it, though this one is not as "huh???" as Evgenia's new programs. Yet, this seems to be an Eteri thing, and we just have to live with it I guess. :laugh2:

I can't help but wonder what would Eteri kids look like when they use someone else as choreographer. I generally am not fond of their current style. HOWEVER, you have got to admit she is one hell of a coach. She must be doing something right to be able to have students who keep consistently landing their jumps in competitions. They all have decent skating skills and spins too.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Also staying inside Russia will be cheaper for her team.
Obviously but she should be able to get other local choreographers (even ballet and ballroom ones) to expand her skaters' repertoire. If Mishin can get Bolshoi/Mariinsky artists and even Misha Ge to create programs, why can't she?

MalAssada

Medalist
I see Eteri's coaching as a "finishing" school. The girls come as diamonds in the rough, and Eteri polishes them into excellence.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Obviously but she should be able to get other local choreographers (even ballet and ballroom ones) to expand her skaters' repertoire. If Mishin can get Bolshoi/Mariinsky artists and even Misha Ge to create programs, why can't she?

I think it's Eteri's choice to do everything (or almost everything) internally at Sambo 70 and create a sort of style that you can recognize easily, because in the same skating club, Anna Tsareva has Nikolai Morozov and Misha Ge for Anna Pogorilaya's programs this year. (Uspenski, Verbillo, and again Morozov in the past)

They tried last year with Marina Zueva but it didn't work.

Last edited:

hugo

On the Ice

Eteri has only one senior girl and for her she employs one of the most recognized choreographer in Russia.
For juniors there is no need to pay extern choreo. Her team has own choreographer (Gleyhengauz) + Eteri herself. This is enough.

What about Liza N. Look at this picture (today's draw for LP). https://pp.vk.me/c626318/v626318133/273ed/yBE4TtRmX5g.jpg
Who is the most happy ? :) And this is despite of that Liza got the worst SP score so far among russian girls in JGP (worse than Lozko)

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I hope Polina never loses her jumps. I've never seen anyone jump with such beautiful air position, massive height, massive distance and massive flow. Okay, i might exaggerate but i love her jumps.

Last edited:

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Polina put on a jump clinic - how to go into the jump with the appropriate speed, how to take the jump with the proper technique, the air position (legs and arms), how to land the jump with soft knees and straight back, and then the extension and all important transition back into the program....wow! Unfortunately I see so many young ladys trying to use their body, momentum and muscle to get in to the air rather than relying upon proper technique - jumps need to be smooth and effortless and with the proper technique the jumps will come and they will look beautiful - Polina, Marina, etc.....