2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP

sarama

Medalist
I wish Nugumanova debuted in a season where loop wouldn't be an obligatory solo jump...

I'm pretty sure that would have been her preference as well ;)
Honestly the obligatory solo jump rule is pointless to me, I understand that skaters should be able to master every jump, but in reality it can mess up pretty badly the entire layout of a SP and force skaters to do combo they are not comfortable doing.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think that Mishin is resting on some old laurels. He was great whith the Urmanov-Yagudin-Plushenko triad, whith Plush being one of the most noted athletes in Russia's history. He also got Liza to do one incredibly dominant season... but no more (I mean we are talking about a woman who was on her way to be the best jumper in history and now we have her talking about being insecure with her 3A... not even mentioning an unstable, easy 3T-3T). Unfortunately, I think that he is somewhat overrated as a coach.
I think it has to do a lot with the skater themselves. I mean if Liza Nugumanova is naturaly a weak jumper, no matter what she does, she will never be a strong jumper like Liza Tuk.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I think it has to do a lot with the skater themselves. I mean if Liza Nugumanova is naturaly a weak jumper, no matter what she does, she will never be a strong jumper like Liza Tuk.

which is strange - he is known as a technical jump coach, Mishin's current juniors have UR problems like Liz Nugumanova or Petr Gumennik who is inconsistent....
the bst juniors seems to be under Tutberidze's group and some others like Volkov who coaches Artem Kovalev.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just watched YunaS I got rhythm SP, it is good but I can't help but thinking about Elizabet's I got rhythm from last season. that piece is a jewel.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

Which makes it more weird that Mishin accepted her as a student. Did he not once say that he does not like coaching ladies?

sneakers

Match Penalty
Thanks, but I think Zagitova resemble Rachel McAdams a tiny bit. if you're talking about actress.

the catty eyes.

Rachael Mcadams is too blonde for me, I have not erased her Regina George persona... :slink:
but isnt Denise Richards also an actress ? I saw her in that suspense movie My Valentine

hugo

On the Ice
Which makes it more weird that Mishin accepted her as a student. Did he not once say that he does not like coaching ladies?

Maybe because Liza is a perfect little "princeska" for the shows ? Watch how people receive her perfomances on the shows

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Her coach is Tatiana Mishina. Idk why Mishin was with her, maybe he is now her main coach.

Mishina = Mishin

usually Mrs. Mishina takes and supervises the junior skaters then once they are ready for seniors they go to Mr. Mishin
just look at Alexander Petrov...

shmay

On the Ice
I also hope Tsurskaya finds her own unique style. She is technically far more capable than Medvedeva.

I must say though that it seems like she has lost a bit of muscle since last year? She had such an athletic physique and now seems quite thin. Am I crazy?

bluelutz

On the Ice
Waking up & checking the result :shocked:
Nugumanova is 4th??? I thought she would be at least 2nd.

Then I watched the video,,,, oh well, they were clear URs....
But still she is the most charming, elegant, sophisticated & expressive one to me.
And her attitude after the rather disappointing performance was still very positive and cheerful,
which is so nice to see.
Wish the best for her FS:hap10: