2017 World Ladies SP | Page 102 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Anna was behind at the GPF SP as well. I still think she will win silver, and now she's angry, which makes her more hungry. That's always good. :) And her LP is better than Kaetlyn's. Kaetlyn's SP is a great, great program but her LP just falls short. I don't even remember what Gabrielle skates to in the LP.

*stayingpositiveformyfave*

Sackie

Medalist
I have to say, the same thought crossed my mind, Sackie. So much for his home-ice advantage theory. Respect to both our Canadians ladies!

Now Osmond4gold - I didn't mention any names! How on earth could you know who I was referring to!
Although I expect to see remarks from him along the lines that the event isn't over and that they will both drop in the FS.

da96103

Record Breaker
Ladies are hitting their elements now. It is too easy for them.

It's the quality/GOE's that separate them. (if they can't play the PCS game)

apons575

Rinkside
Overall, a pretty good competition for the SP. Not as stellar as last year...a little bit of stiff knees from the top ladies. But there's work to be done from all the ladies in 2nd-8th.

Evgenia is seriously in a league of her own. :points:

I feel terrible for Japan, hope they can work something up! :slink:

D*** Canada, y'all bringing some. :reye:

My freaking US ladies get to work. :angry2:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Osmond need to restrategise her jump layout. She just need to move one of her first 2 jumps into the 2nd half, she'd have gained bigly.

As usual. The make up of the judges really tilt the PCS, especially from the European judges, France, Austria, GBR, Norway.

da96103

Record Breaker
Now Osmond4gold - I didn't mention any names! How on earth could you know who I was referring to!
Although I expect to see remarks from him along the lines that the event isn't over and that they will both drop in the FS.

Wooo, catfight among the Canadian fans. Come on, be nice to each other. Trudeau is watching at you people.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
First of all I'd like to congratulate Canadian ladies. Both were on fire today. Gabbie's Lutz were huge and just so beautiful.

Evgenia is first just like everybody could expect. Somehow I felt that she wasn't as energetic as during Europeans. Pogo was great but her program wasn't as perfect as usual (her spins were visibly slower especially the last one) but her opening combination was gorgeous.

I really think right now that my prediction for Russia x2 and Canadia podium might become reality. As much as I enjoy Osmond's skating her FS is usually really flawed :(
I really enjoyed Natasha McKay's program. Also Elizabet was clean and I wish her all the best during FS

breadstal

Record Breaker
I will never agree with Evgenia getting PCS like that :coffee: Love how Kaetlyn and Evgenia got the same GOEs on their jumps :laugh: Happy that Anna got good PCS, not sure about Ashley's. Btw, it's always sad how different scores are per judge.

andromache

Record Breaker
Protocols:

Anna needs to work those spins, stat. She's missing out crucial GOE there, which holds her back when everyone else skates clean too. (Evgenia's spin GOE seem a tad overgenerous, but that's life, I guess). Negative GOE on the 3Lo as well, just by a hair.

Karen should be getting some of the highest spin GOE of the comp, but she isn't. Missed a level on the StSq.

Actually Maria should be getting higher spin GOE than Evgenia as well but she isn't.

No URs for Ashley, but she's getting dinged by not maximizing her GOE. None of her elements are above-average, and the judges notice.

qwerty1195

On the Ice
When all the skaters in the top 8 could medal. Free would be very nerveracking to watch.:popcorn:
*Insert picture of Spongebob eating his arms in a popcorn bucket*

Tyranid

Final Flight
Why is Radi in discussion? Don't get it...:slink:
I alleged in Radionova's fan club page that she is TAT's favorite active skater. Don't forget that Radio is from club CSKA and that TAT consults (she's not a full-time coach) for CSKA.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm not getting my hopes up about 3 spots for American ladies just yet. I need Karen Chen to surprise me (again) by skating 2 clean programs back to back like she did at Nationals.

This was Mai's chance to capitalize on her 4CCs win and make a case for her being taken seriously by Japanese fed. Nope.

Wakaba = underscored.

Evgenia = overscored (though she is rightfully in first, obv, but Kaetlyn's SP is soooooooo well-done and well-interpreted).

Actually surprised to see Karen scored fairly and not held down. If she backs up her SP with a clean LP like she did at Nationals, she'll move into the Olympic season as a US team favorite.

Karen could be a medal threat or fall to the bottom or even out of the top ten. I think Shin was being nice because I could see some saying the combo was UR and it being such a close battle then wagner would have been in the final group. the only good thing for the Americans is that they have two vulnerable Canadians ahead of them (although that comment in itself is an odd one). If somehow both Canadians beat all the Americans that would be such a feat. But with the odds that at least one Canadian will fall down the ladder considerably and Ashley able to pass Maria S. It looks good for three American spots. But the Japanese - whoa Nellie. Mao better hope for a big comeback.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yes but we can't pass the fact that she had an harder combo than Gabby Daleman. Similar situation to Sochi 2014 ladies SP with Adelina getting an higher TES despite the lower bv thanks to the crazy GOEs.

and gabby had a harder solo jump than anna... :) seriously, that's why there is a base value and a goe.... today, the Canadian girls were practically flawless. And their score are deserved. When one skates last after 3-4 great runs, she better delivers. Pogo is my favourite Russian girl because she is so passionate on the ice but tonight she had issues with spins and her last two jumps were not flowing in and out.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Daleman's 3T+3T has the highest GOE of +2.10.

Well deserved. It is the only one that made me go wow through out the whole ladies competition. I thought Zhenya and Kaetlyn sort of skated a bit tentatively, understandable i guess.