2018 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Good judging.

Mako was clearly better in the free (amazing i should say) but between the two programs, Liza had an outstanding short with a clear lead.

frida80

Record Breaker
I'm happy for the podium. But my heart is breaking for Wakaba. I guess I didn't fold enough cranes.

moriel

Record Breaker
Mako wuzrobbed, but then Tuktik did an awesome 3A in SP, so i'm fine with her having gold.
Happy for Zhenya to be able to come back after the SP disaster. She is nowhere ready yet - with a clean program she could have 75 / 80+ TES, but at least she looks like the old med.
Sad for Wakaba, she could have medaled.

Also angry at Zhenya for screwing my predictions, i expected her to win here.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Mako skated so beautifully. Well done. What an exciting night of ladies skating.

I'm still not happy when a skater wins on the strength of the SP. It's kind of a let down. But I wouldn't mind quite so much if Liza wouldn't have such limp hands and forearms. She's working on her expression, though, and I appreciate that. For me, she's not quite there.

Congratulations to all who had skates that they can be happy with!

lady_bee

Medalist
I want to look as glam and gorg as Mako's coach when I'm older :love: Also I swear I've seen her with other Japanese skaters at this event, but I don't remember who.

Can you believe coach Higuchi is 49 yo? and Wakaba's coach, Mr.Okajima, is 61:eeking::

Final Flight
Hey one of the judges in the background has Mishin's old man driving hat on :laugh2: give it back!

Shame about the 3A fall, but over all I loved it, especially the last part!

Although...what's with the bananas?

D'aww Mishin helping her put on her jacket, what a gentleman!

Lmao its me and my friend - its a pencil case that we filled with halloween candy

Last edited:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I would say it's proving to be very good strategy by Liza to incorporate the 3A this season, which is such a valuable jump if a lady has one for the SP. SP is what helped her win here, and she needed all those tenths of points to hold off Mako. Hoping she gains the same sort of confidence for the free. This is a 3/3 winning stream for her this season (Watch out Zagitova!).