2019 World Championships Mens Short Program | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Mens Short Program

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Interesting that the flip has been giving Nathan such problems and after just doing a no-combo-lutz and does for the flip in combo. Guts!!!!!!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
End of the 3A analysis:

Distance: 3.62 meters, Yuzuru Hanyu
Height: 0.7 meter, Yuzuru Hanyu
Landing(Speed?): 21.0 km/h,
Michal Brezina

Honorable mention to Keegan Messing, who had very high stats for all three categories!

Nathan13

Medalist
Good vibes sent to the Canadian men and the Russian men...A Canadian man needs to get into the top 10 and a Russian man needs to hang on to the top 10.
There are too many talents in both places for just one spot :pray:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Lazukin is the best russian guy, who would thought?
Liza, of course.

But not the judges, looking at how they scored him.

Good vibes sent to the Canadian men and the Russian men...A Canadian man needs to get into the top 10 and a Russian man needs to hang on to the top 10.
There are too many talents in both places for just one spot :pray:
If you’ve got multiple skaters in the free you don’t need top ten for two spots, just a combined ordinals of no worse than 28 for the top two.

Kolyada/Lazukin and Nguyen/Messing are both within that right now, albeit very borderline in the latter case.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
All my perpetual salt about PCS aside, glad to see the American men do well! Rizzo was a real delight, too, and I'm glad Boyang didn't crash... uh... more than he did. Hopefully we'll see clean performances all around in the free! :hap93:

Yossalu

On the Ice
And I really liked Hallam, kinda sad that he couldn't make it to the FP. But I still think that his life would make a great movie.

I quite enjoyed him, too. What's his life story? I assume there's more to it than placing 25th in the short program.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Nathan has a big lead but not insurmountable if Yuzuru or Matteo kills it.
I guess you meant Shoma, not Matteo, did not you? Matteo just does not have the technical content to reach even a semi clean Nathan with this gap.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Well done Nathan!!! Amazing skate, and I'm pretty sure he will comfortably win this thing. I hope the silver curse strikes again for Shoma and that Yuzuru wins a bronze medal. Great skates by Matteo, Vincent and Jason, but I don't think it'll be enough to podium. Mikhail, oh dear. Boyang....poor him. And Keegan also a bit down. The free will be interesting (besides the Gold, I think it's done)

twirlingblades

Medalist
Nathan Chen (USA)

Tech: Strong 3A to start, a little shaky on the 4Lz (no combo yet), moderately well-done change camel spin, got out the 4F+3T combo, strong flying sit spin, much more spirited footwork sequence, good change right on the music with the last spin

Pres: Ooo, I think he meant to do the combo on the 4Lz but did it on the 4F instead and, well, it was in the second half so there you go. The choreography was a little strange to watch at first since the elements were in a different order, so while the timing was a little off for me in the first half of the program, he did carry it with more energy and pizzazz than, say, his Nationals SP performance.

Score: 107.40, TES 60.98, PCS 46.42

He did 4T+3T not a flip.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hmm so Junhwan got called under with his 4S well that has also happened before, I can't care at this point his ankles come first

Fruitpie

On the Ice
I quite enjoyed him, too. What's his life story? I assume there's more to it than placing 25th in the short program.
Our commentators were saying that PJ is in love with figure skating and just loves to skate. He works as a stuntman in the movies and trains at the rink at nights. His first major international competition happens right now - world championship at the 25 years of age. It's like happy end of the "dreams come true" story. We need those happy-feeling movies, stories not about wins, but determination.
But maybe our commentators were lying. Still great plot though. Better than "Eddie The Eagle".

linps

On the Ice
Our commentators were saying that PJ is in love with figure skating and just loves to skate. He works as a stuntman in the movies and trains at the rink at nights. His first major international competition happens right now - world championship at the 25 years of age. It's like happy end of the "dreams come true" story. We need those happy-feeling movies, stories not about wins, but determination.
But maybe our commentators were lying. Still great plot though. Better than "Eddie The Eagle".

This is so cute! Another skater to root for :)