2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Free Skate | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Women's Free Skate

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza in second and you have to tip you cap to the winner and say well done, you won on the ice fair and square.

It‘s scary how easy Kamila makes quads look. My prediction about her granddaughter hitting an 8T one day is still in play. Haha

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I am very upset by Liza's program. This is not a program of a top Russian figure skater. And the fact that people here write familiar compliments like "delightfully trashy", "wonderful trashy" - it's upsetting me even more. In my view of the right world, Russian figure skaters do not skate "trashy programs". Not delightfull not wonderful, not at all. So let your figure skaters skate trash programs, if you like such programs so much.

Rudel-chw

On the Ice
Country
Chile
PrFPRHg.jpg

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am very upset by Liza's program. This is not a program of a top Russian figure skater. And the fact that people here write familiar compliments like "delightfully trashy", "wonderful trashy" - it's upsetting me even more. In my view of the right world, Russian figure skaters do not skate "trashy programs". Not delightfull not wonderful, not at all. So let your figure skaters skate trash programs, if you like such programs so much.
Well, I do. Since Liza is my skater.

Calling it trashy is one of the best compliments you can pay it. Haha.

It brings the crowd to its feet and that’s worth a lot too.

Last edited:

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
That was such a great competition. Kamila I absolutely love her. Lisa was the best I have seen her. Alionya I feel for her. I think Vivaldi is a very difficult piece of music . She doesn't appear comfortable with her skating atm. Definitely an internal battle going on! I want her to really fight for it. Loena had some great choreography and Nastya is a magical effortless skater with beautiful story telling. I personally enjoyed watching so many wonderful skaters of different styles and the audience were fantastic.

katymay

Medalist
I actually wish she would bring that programm back, the twilight one, she sold the heck out of it and had fun doing it
Maybe she should. This program is slow and underwhelming, it just doesn't make an impact. I was bored. Karen had a great day, but I find I'm sick of both of her programs as well. While I'm not a huge fan of Liza's skating skills, her program brings the fun and brings the entertainment. Kamila...is Kamila. Doesn't much matter what she skates to, she is just amazing.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The issue is, she probably can't sell anything else so well. That's her. She won't get the public behind her with another style.

katymay

Medalist
I like it, because it is UNapologetically Liza.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, that was a good event. Kamila deserved to break the WR. That was the most landed ultra c elements I’ve seen from her in a free skate. She has solidified her stance for making the Olympic Team.

Elizaveta, good job! That is the best she has skated both programs. The PCS scores were way too high. I love Elizaveta. But, I know she shouldn’t be scoring that high. However, she is right there in contention for that third spot. She did what she needed to do here with her Silver and a 230+ score, which, will,be hard for her to duplicate. But, she deserves it as 3A Empress.

Aliona K. was good enough. To me, she is still a solid skater. She seems to be more confident without the pressure of the 3A. Without it, she will be around 6-10 in the world with skaters like Alysa Liu. Which, is still good.

Loena, you earned the crown for best non-Russian European. That was a strong free skate and the first time she has crossed the 210 barrier. Now, if she nails both programs, she should aim for crossing that 215 barrier.

Gubanova, that was a really good performance. With no Senior GP event, she needed to show something here. She did enough to just beat Chen for fifth place. I think this score of 203, should be good enough for at least one senior GP event and a top 24 SB score. So, she should be happy. I hope she starts a trend for Russians to leave Russia to be able to compete internationally.

Karen. That program is perfect for the Olympics and she exceeded my expectations with that triple triple. Good for her. I think she is 80% done proving she belongs to the Olympic team. This win over Amber only adds to her resume, should she finish in 4-6th at Nationals, to still get an Olympic spot. So, good for her.

Eva, that was the skate of her life. You can see how it means this much for these skaters to cross the 200 barrier.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I disagree. When I meant *wonderfully trashy", I meant that as a compliment.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The issue is, she probably can't sell anything else so well. That's her. She won't get the public behind her with another style.
Probable you think I'm an arrogant elitist, but I watch figure skating in order to see what I probably won't find in ordinary life - elegance, aristocratic movements, purity. If I need kitsch, then I'll just go to the nearest club or bar. It's boring. Just boring.