2022 U.S. Nationals: Men's Short Program | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Nationals: Men's Short Program

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
To be fair, if the skating tomorrow is anywhere near where it was today it won't take many mistakes to tank in the rankings.
Agreed - today was a privilege to watch. So many amazing performances. Malinin was just sensational - lovely elements and spins... still juniorish of course but was amazing to see the future of US men in good hands after Chen/Zhou if Malinin keeps this up. And of course as a Tatiana Malinina fan, who herself was technically superb, that's an added bonus to see her son slaying.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Actually, it was nearly three years ago, and his most recent Worlds finish was 25th.
Whoa... Vincent finished 25th at 2021 Worlds?

Like he missed out on the freeskate?

And that meant that the US men had to earn a 3rd spot at Nebelhorn because of him?

I can't recall if anyone has ever mentioned that before, or talked about it as of late 🤔.... please do refresh our collective memories. :laugh:

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
okay, judges 3, 7, and 8 - am on to you... as Nene Leakes from RHOA says - we see each other!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I couldn't see any more of the skaters because of the road trip packing, but I'm still having fun remembering Yaro's skate. It even subconsciously got to my mother who was doing something else but started singing "Boogie Shoes" :laugh2:

Misha Ge is choreographic genius :biggrin:

mrrice

Record Breaker

And that meant that the US men had to earn a 3rd spot at Nebelhorn because of him?

I can't recall if anyone has ever mentioned that before, or talked about it as of late 🤔.... please do refresh our collective memories. :laugh:
No with Nathan's win and Jason placing 7th, we had 3 spots locked up without Vincent. Vincent has redeemed himself in my eyes and clearly the judges are feeling the same way.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

No, they scored high enough to get the third spot. Nathan and Jason, I think. (But I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
No with Nathan's win and Jason placing 7th, we had 3 spots locked up without Vincent. Vincent has redeemed himself in my eyes and clearly the judges are feeling the same way.
No but Vincent failing to make the freeskate meant that the US men didn't immediately get the spot at those Worlds. 👎👎👎

People NEED to remember his SP at 2021 Worlds until the end of time, no matter how well he skates in the course of his career!!!! :mad:

While we're at it, can we please also dwell on how in 2018 Worlds Vincent failed to do well enough to secure 3 spots, and the US team had to be saved by a certain beloved skater -- who constantly got hosed throughout his career, mind you!

It's essential that nobody forgets about Zhou's past failures, and shouldn't get hung up on how well he's been doing this season. 😤

:laugh:

(p.s. Every jumping pass in Vincent's SP deserved a < call and negative GOE, and the tech panel/judges are clearly out to lunch.)
(p.p.s. #JusticeForMax)

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This this this is why I love the American men.❤️ (and yes, I do love, for various reasons, all of the American men). What a comp!

Elvis in Nashville, Jimmy Ma's electricity, Camden lives!, Nathan and Vincent pushing each other (and I love that Vincent is emotional and that Nathan is cool as cool can be).

I have always liked Ilia as a junior, and his bravado.

And Sinnerman. I count myself fortunate that I have lived long enough to see a program like Sinnerman, skated like Jason skated it here. :dbana:

Would I have Ilia, I don't care if he lands six quads, in front of Sinnerman? No. But I admit I have a preference for Jason's style of skating, and for Jason's ability to wrest every point he can out of the athletic feats he does accomplish. The skating skills, the transitions, the choreo (the choreo, Rohene Ward is a flipping genius and no one will convince me otherwise), just unparalleled.

My friend @TontoK is right. Appreciate what you have seen here, children. Thank you, US men:clap:
I thought Jason was underscored on PCS--seriously!