2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice

Triple Axel
8.00 1.839.83
Triple LoopTriple Loop4.90 -0.634.27
Fly. Change Foot Comb. SpinFly. Change Foot Comb. Spin 43.50 1.555.05
Triple Lutz+Triple ToeloopTriple Lutz + Triple Toeloop10.10 1.2611.36
Triple Flip+Single Euler+Triple SalchowTriple Flip + Single Euler + Triple Salchow11.11 -0.83

For Jason's skate, he barely got any deductions on GOE at all for his two mistakes on the trip loop and the Flip/Euler/Salchow. I would have had at least -1.5 for both.

slider11

Medalist
Great mens final! Ilia was not perfect but he does have the tricks - quads and that crazy twist spin. As usual, Jason was my go-to. His skating skills are just phenomenal and his ability to move to the music with such passion. His triples are fantastic and all I need to make it the #1 performance. Honor mention to Camden who really showed his potential with a great skate! Max was the surprise but happy for him that his technical skills and emerging performance came through. I wished Jimmy had done better in the short to put him on the podium but I think this order is correct.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought I heard that Ilia has boot issues. Maybe thats why we have such an odd layout and strange errors.
i think I heard during one of the Jackie Wong practice videos but am not sure. All I know is I am tired now. That is a lot of skating.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone know if gala will be on peacock? I know NBC won’t show it until next week.

Kris135

On the Ice
I would not want to be at the end of that phone call with Raf. Ilia is going to put though hell after that skate. I know that he won, but it seems like his National performances have been just off the last couple years. He should be winning this by lot more than this. We know he can do much better than this. I know that he has been having boot problems, though if he has started another growth spurt(do not laugh some young men continue growing to about the age of 20 and Ilia started late in thr first place) and he is using skates that are too small because the new ones are not broken in yet. That could causing pain and timing issues with his jumps I read that he almost did not go to Nationals because of the skate issues. That means that it was serious. I glad that he went and survived without hurting himself. Hopefully all the issues will resolved by worlds because I think he has real chance to be World Champion.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought I heard that Ilia has boot issues. Maybe thats why we have such an odd layout and strange errors.
i think I heard during one of the Jackie Wong practice videos but am not sure. All I know is I am tired now. That is a lot of skating.
Ilia said in his interview after the competition that the boot issues caused him problems. Hopefully a learning experience for him.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DSC_9529.jpeg

Just a guy and his Dino

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
"The Light Behind Your Eyes" by My Chemical Romance, the Gregory Crimson version. Though I feel like something of that would be better for Olympic season...though of course, people repeat programs. I have the layout out on where exactly in the music the jumps, spins, and steps go.
Ok I heard it. Great cover (not to mention the eye candy). I could really see this inspiring something unique and powerful for him and the last minute of it is shattering. Hey Ilya......

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Well, after that, I don't think there is a single competition here that I'm satisfied with.
I feel the same way. I don't think I have ever been so dissatisfied with the judging across an event. It seems almost like USFS has decided in advance who it wants to do well, and the judges job is to ensure that as many of those as possible get onto the podium. There were quite a few skates from the preferred skaters which would have got much lower scores internationally and some who were underscored to keep them lower.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok I heard it. Great cover (not to mention the eye candy). I could really see this inspiring something unique and powerful for him and the last minute of it is shattering. Hey Ilya......
Yeah, and I'm local to Ilia lol.

And I know the placement of where the raspberry would be.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Triple Axel
Triple LoopTriple Loop4.90-0.634.27
Fly. Change Foot Comb. SpinFly. Change Foot Comb. Spin 43.501.555.05
Triple Lutz+Triple ToeloopTriple Lutz + Triple Toeloop10.101.2611.36
Triple Flip+Single Euler+Triple SalchowTriple Flip + Single Euler + Triple Salchow11.11-0.83

For Jason's skate, he barely got any deductions on GOE at all for his two mistakes on the trip loop and the Flip/Euler/Salchow. I would have had at least -1.5 for both.
Re: Jason’s GOE:

Maybe but it seemed like he found a way to style his way out of his mistakes ….maybe he got the negative GOE and then rebounded back by doing something cool and unexpected out of the slight glitch. That would essentially really brings us back to where we were before the deducting began.

These are not the droids you’re looking for. Carry on :wink:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
John Misha Petkevich does not look old, he does not look old, I am not old:laugh: