Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

tulosai

Record Breaker
To be a champion you have to make the most of even your bad skates, which she didn't. She has time to learn how, and she's a very strong competitor. But between the two Elena has the superior mentality in terms of saving points and making the most of what she has.

I think it is very premature to say how Julia deals with pressure. This is her first truly bad performance in (at least) 3 years.

Bolero and the Vampire SP were full of passion so you would forget about the mistakes. With her new FS she is just skating around and doing mistakes. Same for the SP.

Yesh her programs need desperate help.

I think Tuktamysheva has shown worse GP performances comparing to Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and Pogorilaya. The only way she is in the Russian team is performing perfect at the Russian Nationals. I think she may even lose Euros to Pogorilaya. Poor girl. So much talent but there is always inconsistancy and failure either in SP or LP. Hope she comes back with a great Nationals and Euros performances after this, like last season.

Yeah, at this point I think it is pretty much over for Tukt unfortunately. She is incapable of 2 clean performances and judges clearly, rightly or wrongly, prefer Adelina.

I think Tuk's weight is a problem. If she doesnt do something about the weight then she will be the next rachael flatt. Im not saying she is fat, no, she is a normal sized girl. But she is not the size that is best suited for this sport and its not helping the jumps or the components.

I think you are wrong and also a bit crazy about this particular point. Liza regularly puts out perfect free skates. How is it then that her weight is the issue?

Skating is so chaotic. Now will people say Mirai is in the mix for the Olys. We all know she has the potential and the potential to do well not only at Nats but internationally but will she do it is another thing. that is the thing about these posts one bad skate and you are done;one good skate you are the answer to world peace. It is usually a body of work that defines you (well I guess that isn't true you could do crappy all year long and if you make the Olys and fluke out or whatever you want to call it (because some would say you just skated to your full potential) you could get defined by essentialy two skates.

I do think she is 'in the mix' but I think that Agnes, despite all the evidence that she, frankly, stinks in competition, will be held up over Mirai, Sam, and Christina at nationals, which is a travesty.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking at the GPF Gracie should really be embarrassed that she didn't make even a good run to make the finals. I mean she has beaten Adelina the last 3 times they have met and she should be doing better then someone like Anna.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
and Kostner got almost 69 PCS with a not so great content either
thats 1 point less than her Euro 130 FS with only 1 fall

Kostner didn't fall in her Euros skate where she got 70 PCS (though it was overscored to secure her the win).

Kostner's skate here was blah but at least her PCS wasn't a personal best.

Julia made 4 errors, including a fall, and she scored 2.5 PCS higher than her PCS in a clean, 7-triple FS at Skate Canada. :laugh:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
tulosai said:
Yeah, at this point I think it is pretty much over for Tukt unfortunately. She is incapable of 2 clean performances and judges clearly, rightly or wrongly, prefer Adelina.

I'm honestly tired of reading this... Adelina got 129+ with 6 triples + 2 2A. Liza at last years Euros got 131+ with 7 triples + 2 2A. If you just add that Adelina is the better spinner and uauslly gets better levels on the non-jump elements (therefor rightfully scores higher on those elements), how do those scores make it look like the judges would favor Adelina?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I do think she is 'in the mix' but I think that Agnes, despite all the evidence that she, frankly, stinks in competition, will be held up over Mirai, Sam, and Christina at nationals, which is a travesty.

I hope this won't be the case anymore. The USFSA has so many more data points now to know how weak a competitor Agnes is. They should mark her fairly like everyone else, and not give her some bonus based on "potential".

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm honestly tired of reading this... Adelina got 129+ with 6 triples + 2 2A. Liza at last years Euros got 131+ with 7 triples + 2 2A. If you just add that Adelina is the better spinner and uauslly gets better levels on the non-jump elements (therefor rightfully scores higher on those elements), how do those scores make it look like the judges would favor Adelina?

Because they consistently give her better PCS than Liza, especially importantly (since it is hard to compare across competitions) when they are at the same competition.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I feel bad for Julia. She said she was nervous after the 1st fall. She said though she knows what to do in her practices and that's a good sign. Next time she'll be ready.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think most of you are missing the bigger picture: Mirai was robbed!

1) She performed a fantastic short program that should have had her closer to the top two.

2) She should have gotten a higher score.

3) Caro should have score around 107-110's range.

4) Julia should have scored around 100-104 range.

5) Mirai was robbed of the gold medal.

:laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I feel bad for Julia. She said she was nervous after the 1st fall. She said though she knows what to do in her practices and that's a good sign. Next time she'll be ready.

yes like Elena, to backload a 3-3 when loses her first 3-3 jumping pass

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
One good thing about Julia is she is making spins important again. The difference between her spins and Kostner's was clearly the difference in the final outcome here.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was telling folks not to count Nagasu out...she is known for slow starts and seems to have already picked things up.

I´m glad to have been wrong, had counted her out for some years. This time I really enjoyed her skating and especially her attacking the way she did. Mirai, congratulations for the bronze medal!!!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
tulosai said:
Because they consistently give her better PCS than Liza, especially importantly (since it is hard to compare across competitions) when they are at the same competition.

And that might have to do with Adelinas way better SS and speed. "The judges favoring Adelina" always makes it sound as if it was a random collective decision by the judges beforehand.
Additionally, despite what a lot of people think, when Adelina and Liza both had clean skates (Adelina lost spin levels, but that doesn't affect the performance...) in the SP at last russian nats, Liza's PCS very slightly higher.

tulosai

Record Breaker
And that might have to do with Adelinas way better SS and speed. "The judges favoring Adelina" always makes it sound as if it was a random collective decision by the judges beforehand.
Additionally, despite what a lot of people think, when Adelina and Liza both had clean skates (Adelina lost spin levels, but that doesn't affect the performance...) in the SP at last russian nats, Liza's PCS very slightly higher.

I meant international judges. I should have clarified. I also didn't mean I think it is random- I think they do favor her because her SS, speed, and (often) IN and TR are better.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
By the way, Caro was simply MAGNIFICENT live :)She deserves her PCS, no question! Loved her skating. Also S/S were a joy to watch...Think they were underscored.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Why the hell did Lipnitskaia have her hair in pig tails? Please don't do that again...

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Tuktamysheva also doesn't show the consistency that Julia L. or even Anna P. do and that makes it harder for her PCS to rise even for her better skates. The judges love consistent skaters, and reward them more easily for clean, great, or morely good skates than ones who are up and down, and who have trouble putting 2 programs together.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
tulosai said:
I meant international judges. I should have clarified. I also didn't mean I think it is random- I think they do favor her because her SS, speed, and (often) IN and TR are better.

Oh, okay! It's just that this statement comes up often, and has a taste of simple favoritism sometimes. That's what I got annoyed with... sorry for getting at you for that :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think most of you are missing the bigger picture: Mirai was robbed!

1) She performed a fantastic short program that should have had her closer to the top two.

2) She should have gotten a higher score.

3) Caro should have score around 107-110's range.

4) Julia should have scored around 100-104 range.

5) Mirai was robbed of the gold medal.

Mirai was not robbed of anything except a higher placement in the FS than Julia, and maybe 3rd in the SP.