Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Moment

Final Flight
I know there the protocol. The TES score was just ridiculous. Let me explain why.

Julia's overscoring;

-Julia did not deserve level 4 for her step sequence. She got it and was gifted with huge GOE.

-Julia is a flutzer. None of her (F)Lutz got edge call in this competition. She got edge call in Skate Canada.

-Julia's first Lutz was underrotated. They gave it the full credit.

-Julia's first 2A was also underrotated. They gave it the full credit too.

-And high GOEs for tiny, low and average jumps(see 3F+2T, 2A+3T a 3Lo). Most of the jumps deserved 0. But, she got +1 on average.

Elizaveta's overscoring;

-First triple lutz was underrotated. Got full credit.

-Triple flip was underrorated. Got full credit.

Gotta agree on Julia's URs. I don't agree the last bit is specific to Julia though, as now triples of low quality that are securely landed often receive +1 GOE. I think it's ridiculous, but that's what the judges are doing.

Liza did not under-rotate those jumps at all. They're not even borderline. Carolina did, though. You can watch her first Lutz attempt where she blatantly fails to land it backwards. :)

Ruffles78

On the Ice
I noticed the distance and lack of camaraderie between Mirai and her coach. Perhaps they're in a tiff about something at the moment. She looked to really be taking her time and breathing throughout the beginning of the program, and didn't really pick up speed until she landed the second flip. Perhaps stamina has been an issue for her? Maybe she should go ahead and do two lutzes in the LP, since (according to the protocols) she suddenly has an outside edge lutz and two lips. When did that happen?

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I noticed the distance and lack of camaraderie between Mirai and her coach. Perhaps they're in a tiff about something at the moment. She looked to really be taking her time and breathing throughout the beginning of the program, and didn't really pick up speed until she landed the second flip. Perhaps stamina has been an issue for her? Maybe she should go ahead and do two lutzes in the LP, since (according to the protocols) she suddenly has an outside edge lutz and two lips. When did that happen?

Agnes and Nikol got called for all their Flips too

David21

On the Ice
Watching Kanako's FS again, i would have her PCS higher than Carolina by 4-5 points tbh...

I would give Carolina 61 max and Kanako 65+. I will never understand how underrated she is.
Her interpretation etc should be 8.25-9 :sarcasm:

How about Skating Skills? Are Kanako's anywhere near Carolina's?
No, they aren't.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Comparing Kostner's PCS to Kananko or even Mirai is ridiculous.

and if anyones program is boring it is mirai's. The music is supposed to be fun and energetic , but she just stands around with her arms down half the time, and a depressed look on her face. It comes to energetic music change and she has her arms down ??? Im glad she skated well but the program sucks.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I think Mirai's program is good, better than Kostner's, but she gave almost no performance of it.

Murakami, on the other hand, really did deserve higher PCS than Kostner.

Ruffles78

On the Ice
Agnes and Nikol got called for all their Flips too

Did Agnes get called on her Flips at her other Grand Prix? At first I thought it might just be the caller, but Mirai got called on both flips in the FS at NHK, and did not get called on her lutz there either.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm really floored by Julia's scores, particularly her PCS. 64+ for a fall and only 3 triples?? Seriously?? Again, complete and utter bull excrement. I'm sorry but with that performance, those PCS should have dropped down to the 57-58 range. Hell, I'd have been okay if they inflated them to 60, the same score she got for a flawless 7 triple skate...but to have a error filled program score nearly 4 points higher than a perfect program is just wrong...it's so damn wrong.

I don't mind score inflation when it has no effect on the outcome of the event. But it infuriates me when someone is given a medal they did not earn and would not have received without inflated scores. The judges boosted Julia by nearly 5 points in this competition and in the end that inflation narrowly won her gold. She did not deserve those scores and she didn't deserve that medal.

I'm really interested to see how she'll be scored in Japan at the Final.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
One good thing about Julia is she is making spins important again. The difference between her spins and Kostner's was clearly the difference in the final outcome here.

yes it was
and she made sure it was not travelling in the FS to get as much GOE as possible

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Did Agnes get called on her Flips at her other Grand Prix? At first I thought it might just be the caller, but Mirai got called on both flips in the FS at NHK, and did not get called on her lutz there either.

Wow, both Agnes and Nikol got Flip calls at Cup Of China too. All the flips. O_O
lol

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
yes it was
and she made sure it was not travelling in the FS to get as much GOE as possible

Again, her combo spin (the I-spin) travelled. A very difficult position but still visible travelling. Her other two spins were great though. Particularly the stability and centring in her Biellmann has improved. :agree:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm really floored by Julia's scores, particularly her PCS. 64+ for a fall and only 3 triples?? Seriously?? Again, complete and utter bull excrement. I'm sorry but with that performance, those PCS should have dropped down to the 57-58 range. Hell, I'd have been okay if they inflated them to 60, the same score she got for a flawless 7 triple skate...but to have a error filled program score nearly 4 points higher than a perfect program is just wrong...it's so damn wrong.

I don't mind score inflation when it has no effect on the outcome of the event. But it infuriates me when someone is given a medal they did not earn and would not have received without inflated scores. The judges boosted Julia by nearly 5 points in this competition and in the end that inflation narrowly won her gold. She did not deserve those scores and she didn't deserve that medal.

I'm really interested to see how she'll be scored in Japan at the Final.

ITA. Hers and B/S's golds were deplorable judging.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Lipnitskaya was underscored before. The PCS in the LP she got here is what she deserved at Skate Canada...at least. The PCS at Skate Canada are accurate for her much more flawed performance at this competition, IMO.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lipnitskaya was underscored before. The PCS in the LP she got here is what she deserved at Skate Canada...at least. The PCS at Skate Canada are accurate for her much more flawed performance at this competition, IMO.

She did not deserve 63.64 PCS at SC. Come on, now.

This FS was cleaned up a bit more, but with the errors the PCS should have been no higher than 60. 61 was just about right for SC.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

This FS was cleaned up a bit more, but with the errors the PCS should have been no higher than 60. 61 was just about right for SC.

she was underscored at SC

Julia always makes up her errors with her spins and it was not like she was skating in the headlights
besides she was underscored in SP at SC while propping up Osmond, even though Osmond is a non factor for Olympics at all

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Chan's, D/R are the deplorable
take a look at 2013 Worlds home cooking

hypocrite much ? :laugh:

At least Chan's PCS dropped well below his personal best in London with that poor FS. Lipnitskaia fell, touched down, and doubled two jumps, and got a personal best PCS 2.5 points higher than her previous one for a clean 7-triple performance.. :rolleye:

Julia's PCS was arguably the worst example of home ice inflation ever (until maybe B/S hit the ice of course).

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I don't understand her pcs ar COR either, but I DO think that she was underscored at SC. Her psc should have been higher there..Not 28 and 60

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Relative to say Gracie Gold she was massively underscored in PCS at Skate Canada. Gold cracked 60 IIRC with a very flawed performance, and she isn't better than Julia in any aspect of PCS other than speed and basics, yet Julia got lower PCS for a clean skate. A farce. So in comparision to Gold she certainly deserved a 63.64 type PCS at Skate Canada. Not here. I agree with Blades that what she got at Skate Canada was closer to what she deserved her.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Chan's, D/R are the deplorable
take a look at 2013 Worlds home cooking

hypocrite much ? :laugh:

This is true. Wherever it happens though, Russia, Canada, it is bad for the sport, and a big reason the sport is dying. The unfortunate thing is Russians are biased and wont concede the tainted scoring here, especialy B/S's wins; and Canadians are biased and many wont concede Chan's bogus win and some of the high scoring of others on the team (eg- Osmond, Duhamel & Radford).