MENS LP and the Results | Page 25 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

ARipp42014

Medalist
Watching US with Peter, Tara, Johnny, and Paul.... Paul said Chiddy was just hanging on to every jump. Johnny said Patrick got stiff hands and said he's not as polished as he may seem. He's now back to the Dice-K gushfest!

TCAngel18

Medalist
Tara is looking good.

you know, even though she did UR her 3/3's, i liked her as a skater....she went for it, didnt go for outlandish programs or programs too mature for her, and had a nice sense of style and dare i say it ARTISTRY

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I am so happy for Dai!!! It's too bad he couldn't do this at Olys, but sadly, he didn't recover his absolute top form in time. However, this is his time. He's such a great fighter (humble, too), and now, he is thoroughly vindicated!

I'm also happy for Adam, great senior debut. I can't say anything about Chan or Joubert since I haven't seen their skates. Sad for Kozuka, but I have faith he'll be back with a vengeance next season. I hope Brezina's outing here will help his rep next season, too.

He would have gotten OGM with these performances. Too bad.

figuristka

Medalist
Well certainly not the best skates from alot in the final group, guess the pressure to win or a medal gets to them, but Dai was wonderful, he really performed that program. Well deserved win. :)

Unfortunate for Kozuka :/ Joubert and Chan put up a good fight but didn't go smoothly. Brezina, i surprised to beat Joubert in free.

Germanice

On the Ice
Dankeschön, Thank You, ありがとう, Dai, for giving me back my love and devotion :love: to Men's figure skating, which I thought I've lost after last years World's and this years Olympics :disapp: , there i s a skating God at last ... and thank you, skating God, for preventing big mouth boring transition boy :p being on the top of the podium, and Merci, skating God, for getting Brian :thumbsup: his honour back ...

Phoenix347

Final Flight
you know, even though she did UR her 3/3's, i liked her as a skater....she went for it, didnt go for outlandish programs or programs too mature for her, and had a nice sense of style and dare i say it ARTISTRY

I even liked her guest appearance as an alien on "Are you afraid of the dark".

Moxie

On the Ice
I do wonder how much of Chancy Bet's scores are the judges loving his edges and steps and how much of it is SC politicking. It'll be interesting to see what the scores are next year.

BigJohn

On the Ice
LOL @ all the Chan hating. Pathetic, bitter, but so hilarious. If you do not like Chan skating, you are pretty much saying you do not like figure skating. But please do not stop, it is always a fun read.

The guy is awesome on the ice and he is honest in his interviews. Well done Chan and Taka. Too bad 3rd and 4th place were not switched.

jan

On the Ice
Brezina had very weak spins and I doubt he got all of his levels for them!! He finished behind Chan in the TES so even if he was not marked down on the pcs the outcome would not have changed. So I would not blame " politiking" for the result.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Johnny said Brian needs a vacay! :laugh: Looking back at the predictions thread....

Me too silverlake! But I think it can go either way...

Prediction A
1) Daisuke
2) Kozuka
3) Oda

Why do I smell a Japanese Sweep? It can happen!

Prediction B
1) Daisuke
2) Jeremy
3) P-Chiddy

This is more realistic but who knows.

Prediction C
1) Daisuke
2) Joubert
3) Jeremy

Could be a repeat of 2006 with Brian redeeming himself by skating to the Matrix... AGAIN!

Prediction D
1) P-Chiddy
2) Czech Buttle
3) ARipp

Let the Sochi Cycle begin! That's more for the dream thread!

Wow the combo of all of those possibilities came true! Dice-K won, Joubert redeems like in 2006, Chiddy takes the lead for the Class of 2014! Sadly Oda and Kozuka bombed but still kept their 3 spots for next year in Tokyo!

Ren

On the Ice
He would have gotten OGM with these performances. Too bad.

Yeah, I know. That injury of his, as well as the time and effort his recovery took--he couldn't get his quad back consistently in time for Vancouver. If he had, we wouldn't be talking about quad vs. non-quad, because Dai's such a complete package. Makes me wish he'd go on 'til Sochi, but that's not realistic. I hope to see him on the podium (hopefully defending his title successfully) next year.

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
I do wonder how much of Chancy Bet's scores are the judges loving his edges and steps and how much of it is SC politicking. It'll be interesting to see what the scores are next year.

I doubt he'll be judges' pet forever. When judges decide to ditch him, it's going to be an avalanche and it won't be pretty to his psyche. This happens in this sport all the time. S&S got those insane scores for the past two years with falls after falls. This year, they couldn't even beat the most comic and painful to wach pair, K&S at Euros.

jan

On the Ice
no triple/triple for Brezina..he did get credit for his spins. That is surprising!