MENS LP and the Results | Page 26 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

Germanice

On the Ice
In fact, Dai is not only this years World Champ, to me he's the one and only true Olympic Champ!!! :bow: Let's just forget these other guys! :boohoo:

Last edited:

Moxie

On the Ice
Yeah, I know. That injury of his, as well as the time and effort his recovery took--he couldn't get his quad back consistently in time for Vancouver. If he had, we wouldn't be talking about quad vs. non-quad, because Dai's such a complete package. Makes me wish he'd go on 'til Sochi, but that's not realistic. I hope to see him on the podium (hopefully defending his title successfully) next year.

In Japan to boot! :D

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Well, there was a clear, deserving winner here, at least.
I would've put Adam in 2nd or 3rd for the long program. If he were better known, I think he would've been. He's as graceful as PChiddy, didn't mess up as much and does those cool lutzes. Jeremy was held up a bit, but the US got its three spots for next year. Too bad Jeremy couldn't break through and get a medal, though.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I can't wait for next season! Dice-K's farewell tour, the redemption of Oda, and the emergence of Michal, Adam, Kozuka, Javi, Lil Flo, Crazy Adrian, and D10. Oh and more Chiddy soundbites!

figuristka

Medalist
LOL @ all the Chan hating. Pathetic, bitter, but so hilarious. If you do not like Chan skating, you are pretty much saying you do not like figure skating. But please do not stop, it is always a fun read.

The guy is awesome on the ice and he is honest in his interviews. Well done Chan and Taka. Too bad 3rd and 4th place were not switched.

Yes there should not be so much hate for Chan. He had wonderful edge quality, complex choreography, its like he floats on the ice. I think his silver was deserved. I do think however Brian's short program deserved higher. Thought Brian would have still beaten Brezina in the free too. It was Dai's night and he was great to watch. Was not so taken with him during Olympics but loved him tonight.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Dai!!! It's too bad he couldn't do this at Olys, but sadly, he didn't recover his absolute top form in time. However, this is his time. He's such a great fighter (humble, too), and now, he is thoroughly vindicated!

I'm also happy for Adam, great senior debut. I can't say anything about Chan or Joubert since I haven't seen their skates. Sad for Kozuka, but I have faith he'll be back with a vengeance next season. I hope Brezina's outing here will help his rep next season, too.

Brezina needs to get out of Europe ASAP. His coming out party here reminds me a lot of when 20 year old Tomas placed 4th at 2007 worlds, landing 4t-3t, 4t, and 3a and getting TES over 80, robbed in PCS but still big score, and since then he's been a dissapointment. European skaters just seem prone to mistakes, I hope Michal gets a new coach and moves to the US or Canada, he is such a great talent and I REALLY don't want him to turn into another talented European headcase!

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations Daisuke! Wish he did this program in the Olympics! He would have won

Hope he stays up to Sochi!

It's good though that he finally won the title WORLD CHAMPION! He really deserves it!

For me he is one of the greatest skaters ever! I love him to pieces

Congrats to Michael! He is so special (deserves the silver!) You know skating is a political sport, you need to make a name first before they give you the PCS you deserve.

Congrats to ADAM! He is superb! Future world champion

ARipp42014

Medalist
Interesting that 7 (Sammy) to 12 (Javi) were separated by 3 points. Michal (4th) to Adam (6th) is less than 6 points.

Layfan

Record Breaker
You are correct. Brezina edged out Joubert for 3rd in the FS, though.

oh. Thanks.

Well, I'm happy that Joubert redeemed himself. It would have been crushing if he had self-destructed again.

A bit let down that Jeremy didn't medal but at least he didn't bomb again...

Congrats to Dai!! Thank goodness. :love:

Course, if Chan had won it might have been fun to watch the quad-nuts explode on this boards...

Bonsai

Rinkside
Yayyyy for Daisuke. have not been so nervous before a skater took the ice in years .That was special :):love::love:. The true complete package.
Good to see Brian redeem himself. I know he's not the worlds most artistic skater but all credit to him for pulling himself together after the Olys disaster.
So happy for KVDP , what a way to end his competitive career :thumbsup:.
Will try and calm down now, otherwise my husband will get worried :laugh:.

Ren

On the Ice
In Japan to boot! :D

Yeah! I just hope he can do great when in his home country, because it seems the skating at home can either get to you (Yu-Na at 2008 GPF) or buoy you up (Scott/Moir at Olys).