2010-2011 Programs by Discipline | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

russell30

Final Flight
Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

I HAVE TO SAY VERY DISSAPOINTED IN THE MUSIC CHOICES, JUST THE SAME OLD MUSIC BEING USED - JUST SO FAR A FEW EXCEPTIONS.

THERE IS PLENTY OF MUSIC OUT THERE, SOME REALLY LOVELY MUSIC TO BE USED, I DO BLAME THE A-LIST CHOREOGRAPHERS (WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE), THEY ARE NOT PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES.

I FIND THE B-LIST CHOREOGRAPHERS DO A BETTER JOB IMO WITH MUSIC CHOICE.

BRING BACK THE LIKES OF STANICK JEANETTE, OLGA MARKOVA, RAHKAMO-KOKKO, WINKLER-LOHSE THAT USED INTERESTING MUSIC.

ie Jeanette's Calder SP, Rondo Capprice LP, L Enfant Pur LP
ie Markova's Space Opera LP
ie Rahkamo-Kokko - Memoires FD
ie Winkler-Lohse - Night and Day FD

ps I think Kiira Korpi should have continued with her old team, least Kiira used interesting music, caravan (Ikuko Kawai) and film music to Agatha in particular. none of these have not been used before.

Laura Lepisto should contimue with her crew they are in fact doing a great job and love her music choices, Gary Burton's rendition of Adios Nonino was a HIT for me and her Imagined Oceans SP equally.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Jeremy Abbott is skating to Life is Beautiful, chreographed by David Wilson according to Icenetwork. Personally I love this choice, I think he will capture the beauty and emotion of that music and story.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice

Jeremy Abbott is skating to Life is Beautiful, chreographed by David Wilson according to Icenetwork. Personally I love this choice, I think he will capture the beauty and emotion of that music and story.
is it the soundtrack from Benigni's movie?
thank you so much Tinymavy, I was so waiting for this news..

short program is "Viejos Aires," by Ensamble Nuevo Tango. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2YddmHFik

Last edited:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice

"I was trying to think of a character that might work for Jeremy," said Wilson. "There's something really cute and charming and sweet and adorable about his personality. He has this boy-next-door quality, he's just a sweetheart. There's an innocence about him, a kind of old-world charm.
you got it right once again, Mr. Wilson!
I'm sure he will perform Guido's role from his heart.

LeCygne

Final Flight

I always thought of Wagner as a bit of a feisty skater. I think it will work in her favor. Slow isn't her thing...

I definitely agree that she's not a slow skater. I just thought that Polovetsian Dances had so much variety while still maintaining that spunk and fire, and I'm not sure Malaguena is that way. For a LP, I just hope she can find some places to breathe so she doesn't rush too much. We've all seen what happens to her jumps when she rushes..

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

Look at how much better female programs are going to be with CoP Spirals gone. THANK GOD.

Still got that CoP footwork sequence in there, though. :mad:

I think the Spiral Sequences should still be in the SP since they are no longer CoP-ified and can be incorporated naturally again. It seems odd to require them for the "Free Skate" but not the Short Program.

sorcerer

Final Flight

Akiko Suzuki
SP: Jealousy, choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7tLdJaZ4
FP: Fiddler on the Roof, choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo
http://www.ctv.co.jp/straight/1007141155/figure.html

So Akiko will have the same chreographer set as last season's Takahashi !
I saw Akiko's Jealousy at DOI, and sure, it was really great but sort of within the existing image of Akiko in the past seasons. I'm sure though that Akiko will polish it to a very high level.

CPWest

Rinkside

Qing Pang and Jian Tong CHN
SP Serenade by Chopin, choreographed by Lori Nichol

The music of their SP is Nocturne in C Sharp Minor by Chopin

That's a lot of Chopin! :think: Could be beautiful, though.

ETA: Sorry, misread the post and thought you said both programs wd be Chopin. Acc. to Aunt Joyce their LP will be Liebestraum - David Wilson. Wonder whose will be better, theirs or Mao's?

Last edited:

ayayukiituka

On the Ice

I don't know where to post it and how to make new thread so I write it here.
It's an anxious news,which Mirai got injury and she is out of The Ice.
http://weblog.ctv.co.jp/figure/top
I only saw that here and it doesn't say much about her.

hope she'll get better soon.

R.D.

Record Breaker

^Well, that's unfortunate. Hope she's up again by season's start.

I don't know where to post it and how to make new thread so I write it here...

Sad news, but thanks for the information.

To start a new thread, at the very top of each forum (for instance, The Edge), in the upper left-hand corner, it says "Post New Thread," outlined in blue. Click there, and away you go. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Denny & Barrett's programs have both been announced:

Denney & Barrett USA
SP Love Theme from the Cousins soundtrack by Angelo Badalamenti
LP Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin

lilshorty

On the Ice

Denny & Barrett's programs have both been announced:

Denney & Barrett USA
SP Love Theme from the Cousins soundtrack by Angelo Badalamenti
LP Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin

:bang: More overused music from them.

sillylionlove

Medalist

I agree with lilshorty. here is my thinking...if an Olympic champion (Evan) used the music you are using in the past 5 years....don't use it. Didn't Evan skate to Rhapsody in Blue like a year or two ago?

So far I have to admit...none of this music is really that exciting to me. Isn't there anything new out there? Please someone find something!!!!

sigrid

On the Ice

I agree with lilshorty. here is my thinking...if an Olympic champion (Evan) used the music you are using in the past 5 years....don't use it. Didn't Evan skate to Rhapsody in Blue like a year or two ago?
The closest example: Yu-Na in her Olympic LP

I don't care about overused musics as long as they aren't zzzzzzz, and Rhapsody in Blue is a boring piece IMO

Buttercup

Record Breaker

here is my thinking...if an Olympic champion (Evan) used the music you are using in the past 5 years....don't use it. Didn't Evan skate to Rhapsody in Blue like a year or two ago?
I agree that it's probably best to stay away from music used by Olympic champions if the performance was truly iconic, but to suggest that skaters shouldn't skate to anything that an Olympic champion from another discipline used in the past few years (in a non-Olympic season, in this case!) is taking it way, way too far. By this logic, you should declare Dark Eyes to be off limits because V/M used it for their OD in 2008, and Carmen because Evan Lysacek skated to it in the past, not to mention that Evan himself was totally off the mark, choosing Tosca just two years after Plushenko used it in 2006! And Shen and Zhao, who skated to Méditation from Thaïs five years after B/S won gold with it - not a good idea, either? I'm sure many skating fans would disagree.

That having been said, I would like to see skaters and choreographers show some more originality in music choices. Most of the choices so far have been pretty underwhelming.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Agreeing with Buttercup here. This season is a over-used music fest. Usually Olympic years are infamous for boring music, but last season was actually very original compared to this.

Oscilla

On the Ice

Nobunari Oda
EX: "My Fair Lady: I Could Have Danced All Night" arranged and performed by Jamie Cullum
Choreographed by: Miki Sakagami (a Japanese choreographer working for Disney on Ice. SHe created choreography for Mao's show The Ice, icluding Mao & Jeff's pair programs.)
Link to the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vv7aJNR1gU
According to fans' report, it's a dancey, elegant program with lots of MITF (Ina Bauer, spirals, ballet jump), a new spin and 3A, 3F, 3L for jumps.

Takahiko Kozuka
EX: "Hello, Goodbye" and "Safety Dance" from Glee
Choreographed by Kurt Browning (IIRC)
Link to the music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UiGvnnAaa8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P26-9ee5gGg
No reports re: content yet.

They performed today at Japanese show Prince Ice World.
Some photos of skaters receiving gifts from fans: http://twitpic.com/photos/ykana1639